Allergic to the objective

General Discussion
Ok, why are so many players allergic to the objective?
Seriously they will play 15ft away, just far enough that they aren't capping, or defending. But they will not... absolutely will not lay a toe on the objective.

WHY?
02/14/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Metaspy
Seriously they will play 15ft away, just far enough that they aren't capping, or defending. But they will not... absolutely will not lay a toe on the objective.

WHY?

Because the red team bought all the anti-allergy medicine leaving the blue team without it
It's suicide to go on there if the tanks don't make space for me. Either make space or wait for me to clear it.

Sincerely, Amelie LaCroix
Oh my god, Karen. You can't just ask people why they're allergic to the objective.
02/14/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Cheat2Win
It's suicide to go on there if the tanks don't make space for me. Either make space or wait for me to clear it.

Sincerely, Amelie LaCroix

Er... Yea... what the sniper lady said.

- Literally everyone else
Well I agree with OP! But this is also a very situational question. If it's a whether or question if you go and overextend or stay on the objective, I have to say, if you overextend just to get 1 person eliminated, so that person has to wait for the respawn, I would say, yes, you should leave the objective, if you are confident that you can kill that person. Because it will grant you more time then +1 person standin on the payload for example. But if it's again a payload, where everyone is just leaving and nobody is pushing it.....it's just laughable.
People don’t seem to realize that the payload heals, is pretty good cover, and moves faster with 3 people on it.

I have been saved by the payload more times then I can count.

Taking the point is a different story. It’s as if someone put out a decree to stay away from glowing squares and circles on the floor.
02/14/2018 10:27 AMPosted by DarkCat

Because the red team bought all the anti-allergy medicine leaving the blue team without it

Curses! I should have thought of doing that first
Defending on top of the objective is rarely the best place to defend from, and occasionally the most susceptible place to be killed. You don't need to be ON the objective to DEFEND the objective.
This thread is giving me flashbacks to a mystery hero game. Literally no one would get on point despite it being empty of the enemy. I capped 2 ticks as Widow before the enemy team came and killed me. I assure you the rest of my team was definitely around, just, not on the point.

02/14/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Jobon
Defending on top of the objective is rarely the best place to defend from, and occasionally the most susceptible place to be killed. You don't need to be ON the objective to DEFEND the objective.

Yes, but you need to be ON it to cap it, or to contest it.
02/14/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Metaspy

Because there's a Black cat D.Va on it, and I'm allergic to cats. :P
I think I saw an Orisa use the puppy emote on it too, and I am also allergic to puppies T^T