After playing new Sombra on the PTR...

General Discussion
I believe Sombra is going to fit what Blizzard wanted her to be, a devastating disruption character alongside teamwork. I don't have much success with her as a flanker but when you work with your team it is beautiful.
People here are actually cheering for Sombra to get buffed because they don't like flankers. Never change forums.
I can hear it now....Sombra asking the OW balance team:

"Did you mean to do that?"
02/14/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Stunlaw
People here are actually cheering for Sombra to get buffed because they don't like flankers. Never change forums.

On the other hand, Sombra's own mains are reelingin the buff threads leading up to today telling each other not to be too rash with the buffs.
PTR Sombra is fine. There's a reason you have several hundred hours on Tracer but you're still plat.
Sombras playstyle does not "magically" change with these balance updates. As a Sombra main, I still "terrorized" and was very offensive flanker. I triggered many many people on the enemy's team.

The problem is the new changes to what the hack can affect. THOSE will be overpowered, and need not be included. To hard of a counter for certain characters.

Otherwise, Sombra will be the same. People are just starting to play her with a different mindset is all. Something some of us main Sombra players already knew and realized.
Boy, as much of a hardcore sombra main i am, i'll give the forums 2 days after the changes make it to live to start hating on Sombra and her mains. 1 day seems more reasonable.

All these support mains that are tired of Genju and Tracker will now truly know what a monster of a flanker Sombra is: a flanker that counters flankers, while also being a threat to anyone. Tanks are already scared, but supports? Oh, they're so blinded by their hatred towards Gengu that they can't see that Sombra is much, much more annoying. Don't get me wrong, i love these changes, but she'll technically counter everyone and her hack will probably be toned down.
Genjis don't like it. She'll be nerfed before the end of the week.