Why Moira needs a nerf:

General Discussion
02/14/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Arceus
<span class="truncated">...</span>

So now that mercy is dead you go for the next good healer. <removed by forum moderator>

Also she can’t just escape any ultimate with fade. I don’t know where you got that info from and i’d like to see you back it up with compelling evidence. Further more, any hero can get 3 gold medals easily.. not just Moira so you using that as a reason to nerf her is dumb.

Name one ultimate she can't escape by fading away to a corner or behind something. That's what every single Moira player does.

[Quote edited by forum moderator.]
02/14/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Acestial
Either you can actually discuss the thread or not. Don't bring offensive language into it.

I mean you're right offensive isn't the way, but you're targeting someone who isn't even a threat nor overpowered as you claim. A response like his or her I can understand because you're trying to screw up someone who is actually balance and we don't need a fiasco because Jeff and his evil minions will hop on it faster than Goku powering up to Ultra Instinct.

So now that mercy is dead you go for the next good healer. <removed by forum moderator>

I'm a Mercy main. I wasn't entirely in favor of the decision with Mercy and you shouldn't be using offensive language with me.

I am not the one who nerfs them as I do not work at Blizzard.

Either you can actually discuss the thread or not. Don't bring offensive language into it.

P.S. I have placed you under "ignore" for your inappropriate language.

02/14/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Acestial

I'm a Mercy main. I wasn't entirely in favor of the decision with Mercy and you shouldn't be using offensive language with me.

I am not the one who nerfs them as I do not work at Blizzard.

Don’t take it personal. It’s just how I express myself in fragile topics.

02/14/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Acestial
1.) Can dish out up to 10K damage in a single match.

2.) Can escape any ultimate with fade.

3.) Can have up to 10K healing in a single game along with high damage.

4.) Range is too high, causing disorder for other flankers.

5.) Easy to gain at least 3 gold medals in a single game most of the time.

6.) Ultimate attack should have shorter range because it's too long. Practically Zaryas beam 2.0.

7.) Moira is a healer, not a DPS.
In an effort to actually try and help, I'll go through every point.

1.) She needs to deal damage in order to heal. She has the lowest DPS in the game, and her damage is chip damage at best. She can't win a 1v1 against anyone who's decent at any other character.

2.) This is called survivability. Healers need this in order to stay alive. Without it, healers are sitting ducks. Moira needs Fade because she's a close range healer who needs to be in the fight to heal. This allows her to get in and out of the fight to balance her healing.

3.) So can Zenyatta. Again, she has the lowest DPS in the game, but because she needs to do damage to heal, her damage will be high along with her healing. She's a healer, so of course her healing will be high.

4.) 20m is not too much range. If it were say 10m, she'd never deal any damage, and never get to heal. She'd be useless.

5.) She may get gold elims just for touching targets with her ball. She'll probably get gold healing since she's a good healer. Obj elims or time are just bonus points for playing the objective.

6.) Again, it's only 20m. You can just break LoS and she won't be able to harm you.

7.) Yes. But healers are allowed to defend themselves. If they couldn't, there would never be any healers in the game because flankers would eat them with ease.

Hope that helps.
02/14/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Acestial
02/14/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Arceus

Also she can’t just escape any ultimate with fade. I don’t know where you got that info from and i’d like to see you back it up with compelling evidence. Further more, any hero can get 3 gold medals easily.. not just Moira so you using that as a reason to nerf her is dumb.

Name one ultimate she can't escape by fading away to a corner or behind something. That's what every single Moira player does.

I’m only gonna name one :);
Rip-Tire

So because she happens to have an evasive ability for surviability makes her a problem? I think that's why they implemented it in the first place.
any smart player will bait the fade out and then kill you right afterwards. riptire and dragonblade are two good examples i think
02/14/2018 08:18 PMPosted by AntiBravoman
any smart player will bait the fade out and then kill you right afterwards. riptire and dragonblade are two good examples i think

*thumbs up*
Of course moira is going to be played more than other main healers when one is utter trash and the other is the most boring hero in the game.

If those two were balanced then no one would have an issue with moira
Gold player making a bunch of posts about Moira being OP.
Whats new
1.) Can dish out up to 10K damage in a single match.

2.) Can escape any ultimate with fade.

3.) Can have up to 10K healing in a single game along with high damage.

4.) Range is too high, causing disorder for other flankers.

5.) Easy to gain at least 3 gold medals in a single game most of the time.

6.) Ultimate attack should have shorter range because it's too long. Practically Zaryas beam 2.0.

1) And how many of that is chip damage? Moira can just throw an orb to a group of enemies hurdled up, do a combined damage on them, and they still live and she still gets the 'high amount of damage' you say.

2) And Mercy can escape with GA, Lucio can speed boost, Ana can sleep dart, Reaper can Wraith, D.va can DM, etc etc. What, you want her to be easily killed with an ult? Ults arent a Press an I win button you know.

3) Again, thats dependant on how well you do. Same with point 1, and also shes a main healer, ofc shes gonna have high heals.

4) Whats wrong with causing 'disorder' to flankers? We need more counters to flankers ffs. We've had months and months with lack of counters to them and we finally got one. Supports arent fodders to flankers.

5) So we're balancing around medals now? How well people do with a hero?

6) An ultimate is suppose to be impactful. By your logic, a LOT of other ults like Hog, S76, Pharah, Mccree and etc should be nerfed because their range is 'too long'. You're supposed to heal and push your team with Moira's ult from behind.

7) And Zenyatta and Ana are healers too, should we nerf their DPS as well? Nerf discord, his . Healers arent just healbots, they're 'support' for a reason. Also thats the way shes designed. She NEEDS to DPS to heal to begin with. Her resource bar is tied to her DPS, you nerf her in anyway and it would !@#$ with her healing.
02/14/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Apollo7
Of course moira is going to be played more than other main healers when one is utter trash and the other is the most boring hero in the game.

If those two were balanced then no one would have an issue with moira

Exactly. But mercy is trailer trash and Ana requires way too much skill for console players.

Actually your reasons for Moira to get nerfed doesn't make any sense.

How so? I'm looking for supportive writing with valid answers that proves that it doesn't.

You can go and view Moiras statistics yourself if you want, my reasons are really valid or at the least close to it.
No, your reasons are illogical. Reported for trolling
My trollometer is off the charts. Either it's broken, or it's the thread.

2 people genuinely replied, and no response from OP.

That's a clear indication of trolling, because most trolls don't actually want to discuss the topic. They are just trying to incite an emotional reaction from someone.
02/14/2018 08:28 PMPosted by ChivasUK

How so? I'm looking for supportive writing with valid answers that proves that it doesn't.

You can go and view Moiras statistics yourself if you want, my reasons are really valid or at the least close to it.
No, your reasons are illogical. Reported for trolling

reported for false reporting as this is a discussion thread not a troll thread.
02/14/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Jerant
My trollometer is off the charts. Either it's broken, or it's the thread.

2 people genuinely replied, and no response from OP.

That's a clear indication of trolling, because most trolls don't actually want to discuss the topic. They are just trying to incite an emotional reaction from someone.

I can't reply to every single comment I'm a human being to and it's not exactly daylight.
<span class="truncated">...</span>No, your reasons are illogical. Reported for trolling

reported for false reporting as this is a discussion thread not a troll thread.
then why make 2 threads for the same topic? Your flooding the forums and your getting reported for trying to incite a reaction out of us.
I'm gonna have to disagree, I think Moira is in a pretty ok place rn. Her range can be annoying at times but it seems pretty fair atm.

Aaaand credibility lost. She is a hybrid healer/dps. That's why her LMB/RMB are damage and healing, why she has one heal orb and one damage orb, and why her ult heals and damages. She's about as pure a hybrid as you can get.