288 Hours on Hanzo - My Opinion About The Changes

General Discussion
02/15/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Vicmanic

EDIT: I wish that the arrow volley can bounce off surfaces.

Of course you do and that annoys me... you obviously missed the entire point and big picture.
02/15/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Vicmanic
I wanted to explain how i felt about the changes.
I was fair and i pointed out the all the benefits, i don't understand the downvotes.

People are paranoid and think every idea that isn’t downvoted will become the new patch.

Manners are lost here. Very few know how to respect others or at least don’t know how to convert a harsh disagreement into a respectful one.

Anything they don’t like they believe needs to be shut down and stamped out rather than have a friendly discussion.
02/15/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Hayete
02/15/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Vicmanic

EDIT: I wish that the arrow volley can bounce off surfaces.

Of course you do and that annoys me... you obviously missed the entire point and big picture.
The problem was the instant kill potential of scatter arrow.
I suggested that we either keep a nerfed version of scatter
(along with the new movement skill) or give the new volley skill the ability
to bounce off surfaces.
All this would do is give Hanzo more strategic options and allow him
to keep some of his complexity.
As i stated in my opening post, what i least like about the changes
is how direct Hanzo's gameplay style would become.
LEAP ABILITY WILL BE TOO OP... LUL if your good with hanzo aim, this new buff is welcomed. Scatter arrow saves me mainly when facing off tanks in a 1v1 scenario, where there was no ability to escape... Squishes are easiler to headshot close range IMO... If i have a leap escape + wall climb, there is no reason why i need scatter arrow in my arsenal. This is def a BUFF to Hanzo.
02/15/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Vicmanic
02/15/2018 01:05 PMPosted by ĔǾŊ
... That is barely affected by these changes, though.
The new movement skill will decrease the positioning skill barrier by a lot.
As Hanzo works now, if a Winston or D.Va jump on you, you either kill them or you die.
If the skill is added, Hanzo will have an escape mechanism and a chance to disengage.

Well, to be fair he deserves to get an escape mechanism. Wall climbing doesn't really help you get away and Widow has a hookshot.
02/15/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Skyfoogle
02/15/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Vicmanic
I wanted to explain how i felt about the changes.
I was fair and i pointed out the all the benefits, i don't understand the downvotes.

unlike most forums, people here just use downvotes as a disagree button even if your post is logical and well-worded. downvotes don't mean much.

there should not even be an up or downvote system. As bad as gamefaqs is, I am glad they don't have a system like that.
02/15/2018 12:23 PMPosted by infamous067
What makes me laugh is how a lot of people are happy about it including myself. The thing a lot of tank mains are not aware of is that the new hanzo is going to be far more reliable at melting tanks instead of the scatters. the new arrows can deal up to 480 damage in only 2 seconds! Yes its true that scatters were instant but think about it, any hanzo who missed the shot had to wait 10 seconds to use the scatters again. Now hanzo only has to get in decent range and unleash all 6 arrows without needing to land headshots to melt any tanks with 480hp.

A smart hanzo will only wait for zaryas bubble to go down and then that zarya is going to melt. Same for orisa, wait for her to place her shield, flank from behind and melt her in 2 seconds. Sure the counterplay is there where you have time to react but I already see a lot of people crying about hanzo needing a nerf after he goes live. I main hanzo with over 400 hours on console, I wont miss scatters and I welcome the new change.

The difference is the consistency. When a tank gets one shotted by scatter arrow that happens so quickly that it's hard to react it seems cheap whereas a more consistently performing ability, while it may be more powerful, will be more easily countered on a normal basis if they are paying attention. I think the cheap factor of the current scatter arrow is what most people hate.
02/15/2018 12:50 PMPosted by go123452
What makes me laugh is how a lot of people are happy about it including myself. The thing a lot of tank mains are not aware of is that the new hanzo is going to be far more reliable at melting tanks instead of the scatters. the new arrows can deal up to 480 damage in only 2 seconds! Yes its true that scatters were instant but think about it, any hanzo who missed the shot had to wait 10 seconds to use the scatters again. Now hanzo only has to get in decent range and unleash all 6 arrows without needing to land headshots to melt any tanks with 480hp.

A smart hanzo will only wait for zaryas bubble to go down and then that zarya is going to melt. Same for orisa, wait for her to place her shield, flank from behind and melt her in 2 seconds. Sure the counterplay is there where you have time to react but I already see a lot of people crying about hanzo needing a nerf after he goes live. I main hanzo with over 400 hours on console, I wont miss scatters and I welcome the new change.

Orisa will survive volley though.

Hit fortify. Problem solved.

Thats the thing. Tanks being able to react allows them to negate the damage output of volley

Reinhardt: Shield
Winston: Shield and GTFO button
Zarya: Shield
Orisa: Fortify, Shield
Roadhog: Take a breather (reduces volley damage by 20%)
D'va: Matrix, GTFO button

Thats assuming those 6 arrows arent headshots. Which would go from 480 to 960. Over 1k damage if powerboosted.
I have 450 hours on Hanzo on this account and I completely disagree.
Scatter isn't reliable whatsoever, random rocks and ledges on the ground makes it way too inconsistent.
Yet at the same time it's hanzo's most reliable damage output...
See the problem here?
I'm glad they are replacing it.
02/16/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Cokelord
Scatter isn't reliable whatsoever, random rocks and ledges on the ground makes it way too inconsistent.
See the problem here?

Agreed this is a huge buff with the movement ability IMO, as Hanzo main problem was escaping situation he required a scatter arrow.

thats where your wrong kiddo.

now theres counter-play instead of just bam scatter almost dead or already dead. rein can shield or charge him while hes standing still. roadhog can hook or take a breather. orisa can halt fortify or shield if available. zarya can bubble. dva can dm or fly away. winston can jump or move around his bubble. i get you cant always escape it but its definitely better than scatter instant shot. i like it alot
See the problem here?
A quick summary of my opening post:
Hanzo changes make him very direct and less complex.
I want to keep a nerfed scatter or i want the volley skill to bounce off walls
(along with the new movement ability) so i can do complex and rewarding shots.

PS: Love ya brother.
02/16/2018 08:06 AMPosted by jvilla225
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Orisa will survive volley though.

Hit fortify. Problem solved.

Thats the thing. Tanks being able to react allows them to negate the damage output of volley

Reinhardt: Shield
Winston: Shield and GTFO button
Zarya: Shield
Orisa: Fortify, Shield
Roadhog: Take a breather (reduces volley damage by 20%)
D'va: Matrix, GTFO button

Thats assuming those 6 arrows arent headshots. Which would go from 480 to 960. Over 1k damage if powerboosted.

Jeff made no mention of the arrows being able to do crit damage. Many ability attacks have no crit damage. I really doubt this one will get it

BTW McCree can do 840 damage with 1 clip of his primary fire with headshots in 3 seconds....I dont really hear alot of people complain about that so if the worst case scenario is true and Hanzos volley can headshot I still dont think it will be a problem
I'm a Hanzo of over 130 and I welcome the change it allows for even more damage for those that can hit shots and lessons for those who can't there by making hanzo better in higher ranks and worse in lower ranks not both ranks have the same person making a scatter that's in all honesty once you are even decent at him you can land those and to many Hanzo mains in lower ranks relied to much on scatter arrow so I like the change and welcome it it will be fun to see my hero reworked.
So we finally have our McHanzo, who can do the combat leap and fan the bow?
02/15/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Pachanga
t is extremely satisfying to imagine some crazy geometry in a split second and seeing it succeed in killing the enemy.

Yeah, right.

I think you meant, "shoot at the floor".

Just because you suck at simple geometry, doesn't mean other Hanzo mains don't get ridiculous, calculated, highly impressive kills with scatter that make people wet.
02/16/2018 08:17 AMPosted by CookCrack
See the problem here?

Agreed this is a huge buff with the movement ability IMO, as Hanzo main problem was escaping situation he required a scatter arrow.

I like how both of you have names relating to different forms of the same drug
02/16/2018 08:24 AMPosted by creepokilla

thats where your wrong kiddo.

now theres counter-play instead of just bam scatter almost dead or already dead. rein can shield or charge him while hes standing still. roadhog can hook or take a breather. orisa can halt fortify or shield if available. zarya can bubble. dva can dm or fly away. winston can jump or move around his bubble. i get you cant always escape it but its definitely better than scatter instant shot. i like it alot

hanzo will be fully mobile while volley is active. and he can release 3 arrows per second on full charge. and the damage can be crits. so as a 500hr hanzo main, i definitely welcome the change.
02/15/2018 12:13 PMPosted by dostheboss
scatter arrow= cheesy ability that is super random and frustrating to play against
In a MOBA like LoL or Dota it can work, but in Overwatch it shouldn't exist.

as i agree with the first part, i don't agree with the second part, RNG itself is frustrating in every game, as a league of legends former player i know it, being hit by something that wasn't aimed at you is always frustrating.
Can we make it bounce surfaces, but make slight less damage? Like 60 damage? Maybe 50 with hs damage.