Why do you think Overwatch gets such a bad rep?

General Discussion
btw we need to remember that this is Blizzard's first FPS game.

There are going to be pitfalls that they're gonna fall in and pretend its good.
02/16/2018 07:54 PMPosted by ConnieAmore
btw we need to remember that this is Blizzard's first FPS game.

There are going to be pitfalls that they're gonna fall in and pretend its good.

its their first game in this genre. they got no experience in this.
02/16/2018 06:58 PMPosted by FizzyElf
Mercy mains

And it would be the Genji main.
02/16/2018 08:07 PMPosted by TooLateNow
02/16/2018 06:58 PMPosted by FizzyElf
Mercy mains

And it would be the Genji main.

And it would be a Platinum Mercy LUL
Sym and Torb already got a tons of buff but they still don't work so I guess Blizz need to change a lot of thing kinda like making a new character.

No content ? I played a lot of fps and moba, I'm also a huge fan of WOW. I can promise you that overwatch gets a lot of update, I paid only 40 € and I still get new content while on game I have paid 60€ I only have DLC as new content. I promise you overwatch has a lot of content and even if this forum complain eveytime reality is really different and the game has a good reputation. Look at reddit or other fan forum they all really like the game. This forum isn't the real community it's just people complaining. I just saw a post of a guy who said he had uninstall overwatch since 3 month but yet he is still very active one the forum I don't get that logic.[/quote]

It's clear you didn't bother reading my post carefully, I'm also having a bit of chuckle that you think sym and torb have had " tons of buff."
This forum my god ... Some stuff really bother me in overwatch actual state like Genji deflect hitbox, pharmercy and Tracer but my god when I read this forum I feel like overwatch is hell while it's not really that bad. Hell they are buffing all the up character (except maybe Reape and Bastion but I understand why with bastion).
Because most of what they say is actually true.
For me it's the poor hero balance, the very slow release of content (meanwhile f2p games are getting more content) and the horrendous matchmaking that hasn't been fixed in almost 2 years.

When asked by others if they should get it, my response is generally "I wouldn't bother".
It trying to marry two genre's that don't work well together.

Its taking class shooter design, and MOBA design, and craming them together.

The problem is that there is too much synergy between very few heroes, and the rest of the heroes are kind of left fending for themselves.

Each hero, except for supports, should be strong on their own, but what we see is that some heroes simply synergies way way to well with others.

This is coming from someone with a lot of experience with Dota 2, which is the quintessential MOBA in my eyes, its got deep mechanics, a vast array of character builds, and character choices, counters, item counters, ect, but with overwatch your hero choice is the only choice you have during a match, and thus it becomes either a game of counter picking with hard counters, or picking heroes who, when synergizing, outplay the rest of the roster easily.

There is a lack of depth during the gameplay itself, and it all comes down to meta picks and application, and you get punished for playing against the meta way, way too hard.
02/16/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Sairia
Each hero, except for supports, should be strong on their own, but what we see is that some heroes simply synergies way way to well with others.

Supports are tremendously strong in their own way.

But honestly OP? What everyone is saying in this thread is right.

The extremely slow release of content. The extreme balance updates, with how rare said updates actually are. Toxicity is absolutely crazy in this base. Matchmaking is... garbage. People getting falsely banned. (And on a lesser note) Lore release is slower than the already slow content release and balance updates. Heroes who sit in F-Tier for months.

It's just... too much at once. Combine all those things? You get a game that's overall, very, very frustrating. If someone walked up to me and said 'Overwatch is a bad game', I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.
Sym and Torb already got a tons of buff but they still don't work so I guess Blizz need to change a lot of thing kinda like making a new character.

No content ? I played a lot of fps and moba, I'm also a huge fan of WOW. I can promise you that overwatch gets a lot of update, I paid only 40 € and I still get new content while on game I have paid 60€ I only have DLC as new content. I promise you overwatch has a lot of content and even if this forum complain eveytime reality is really different and the game has a good reputation. Look at reddit or other fan forum they all really like the game. This forum isn't the real community it's just people complaining. I just saw a post of a guy who said he had uninstall overwatch since 3 month but yet he is still very active one the forum I don't get that logic.[/quote]

Are you sure you're an active fan of those other games? -.0'
02/16/2018 09:26 PMPosted by Neliths
This forum my god ... Some stuff really bother me in overwatch actual state like Genji deflect hitbox, pharmercy and Tracer but my god when I read this forum I feel like overwatch is hell while it's not really that bad. Hell they are buffing all the up character (except maybe Reape and Bastion but I understand why with bastion).

O.o

It took them two years. Even then half their balancing has been horrendous. Literally butchering heros or leaving them to rot. Need I remind people of Doomfist? The Mercy changes? The Ana nerf? The Dva changes? The Lucio changes? Old Repear? Prepatch Roadhog before the 50% reduction?

After allthose changes the heros left behind are finally getting looked at after a year of being niche bad or worse in players eyes?
toxicity among what you are supposed to call teammates. Slow balancing. Too slow/ little changes to competitive experience and rewards.
Rigid Hero role design, Adheres far too much to a MOBA than a shooter .
02/16/2018 06:00 PMPosted by CloudBurst
Note: this thread is not to hate on Overwatch, but why we the average players see it in a bad light.

IMO? Toxicity, mainly due to the introduction of throwers, afkers and more. That and from what I've heard, toxicity has been slowing this game down a lot for awhile now.

Source: https://kotaku.com/blizzard-says-fighting-bad-behavior-is-slowing-down-ove-1809062317

Note that the second part of the article !@#$ all over Jeff's "arguements" about the whole issue.

It's all true. And everything else is covered. Slow balance and then sudden swings. Absolute crap matchmaking. Esports shoved down your throats. ETC
Because of the people who play the game with a sole intention to ruin everyone else's fun because they want to instalock whatever the hell they want and expect everyone to revolve around them.
It's only seen as bad when you come to the forums and see everybody complaining. Ignore the forums and it's great.
Two main reasons: community that can really test your sanity, and developers messing up balance with every patch.
02/16/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Vendamar
Overwatch has a bad rep? where? Most conversations i see about the game are positive, most people like the game, the OWL is doing pretty good, etc. I think most of the hate is in here, the forums, it's always been that way.

Exactly. What you experience outside of this forum is day and night.

And yet we still play it and buy loot boxes. :D

Never bought a lootbox and I am not even close to even considering it with the state the game is in.

For me it is primarily the balancing that pisses me off to no end. Months of Doomfist bugs that were not even properly fixed. Most of the defense category lingering in obscurity while the dive meta, the meta they in theory should be good against, runs rampant. The mere idea of letting characters who are supposedly niche be outmatched in their niche by characters who can be used anytime. Mobility characters running rampant with no obvious way to counter them even as several other characters have hard counters that leave them in obscurity.

Oh and the fact that it takes them months to even acknowledge problems and another few months before there is any hope of seeing changes.

Just to make a comparision to a company I do respect and which I have spend money on, Digital Extremes and their game, Warframe. A free to play game which recently released a major update called Shrine of Eidolon which added significant content and rebalanced many existing underused weapons.

Since its released less than 2 weeks ago it has received 7 hotfix patches and one proper update (though far smaller in scope). Now balance in Warframe aint perfect and mostly PvE focused, but it is a world of difference in terms of activity and communication with the players.