WHY does BABY d.va do so much dmg?

General Discussion
02/16/2018 10:37 PMPosted by M3T4
02/16/2018 10:35 PMPosted by hoodoo
She literally has the same weapon as Mercy with the lowest dmg/sec in the game

Mercy DPS: 200

Genji DPS: 168

Baby D.VA DPS: 196

EDIT: Love being downvoted for stating objective fact.

You're right about Mercy and D.Va not having the same weapon, that was my mistake. That's what I get for not double checking haha.

Though I will stand by the fact it's almost the exact same as Mercy's and that she has way less health + no regen + no other abilities to compensate.
Really? When I'm Symm and I see her demech I practically skip over to microwave her for the thrill!
02/16/2018 10:45 PMPosted by GoatyMcGoat
her damage is actually pretty high, tbh i have taken out roadhog's in a 1 v 1 duel with her pistol and at the same time once a baby d.va took me out as roadhog with her(that was embarrassing) and i have had matches where i got 10 kills with her as baby d.va(with team mates help) but she is so easy to kill during her baby d.va phase that it does make sense

Yah, idk what it is about DV.a's gun, but I'm a lot more conscious about shooting at heads than doing body shots compared to when I play Soldier. Something about seeing those projectiles and realizing I need to aim a bit higher, I guess.

Most of my pilot DV.a vs Tank 1v1s were against fellow DV.a's. I get demeched, they get demeched, I remech, and then I kill them. On bad days its the reverse.
02/16/2018 10:31 PMPosted by jaY
dva is hard enough to kill in her mech, why should she be getting triple kills when she is out of her mech?

Because she's shooting energy bullets at you and bullets tend to hurt people, that's why their called weapons not toys.
From a balance perspective, it's to insure no can can just ignore her for too long. Same goes for Mercy's Blaster. Who wants to shoot a gun that doesn't kill anything anyway?
02/16/2018 10:56 PMPosted by M3T4
02/16/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Splenectomy
Baby D.Va has the same DPS as Mercy's pistol,

Mercy has 200 DPS

Baby D.Va has 196.

Stop spreading lies.

Without headshots, Mercy does 100DPS and baby D.Va does 98DPS. Oh my god, there's a difference of 2 damage! The values are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!
02/16/2018 10:37 PMPosted by M3T4
02/16/2018 10:35 PMPosted by hoodoo
She literally has the same weapon as Mercy with the lowest dmg/sec in the game

Mercy DPS: 200

Genji DPS: 168

Baby D.VA DPS: 196

EDIT: Love being downvoted for stating objective fact.

02/16/2018 10:55 PMPosted by RustyRhames
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The person said that her weapon has the lowest damage per second in the game and it was the same as Mercy's I proved both wrong.

Doubled for headshots.

You left off Moira at 100, and Winston at 60

It would be fair to say she has the lowest maximum dps due to her inability to burst. Moira and Winston can cleave on multiple targets, and Genji and Winston can cause extra splash damage with their movement abilities. Genji gets a cool 468 (168 primary, 300 dash on 6 targets) DPS when dash is factored in, Winston gets 636 with leap and 6-way cleave, and Moira gets 350 with 6 orb tethers and an alt fire.
She’s Hana, why the hell you calling her baby diva? (● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾
02/16/2018 11:43 PMPosted by SomebodyElse
Moira gets 350 with 6 orb tethers and an alt fire.

Orb only tethers 2 targets, though? 150 is her max dps while orb is active. The orb also dissipates after dealing a total of 200 damage