I did the Doomfist!!!

General Discussion
So, I didn’t like Doomfist when he first came out, but playing him has always been refreshingly fun. I wasn’t a fan of how powerful he was before his nerfs, but now, even though they are working on him(cheers to that) he’s gotta be one of the hardest heroes to play(and do correct me if someone is harder).

Well, I had the feel bads for people who main Doomfist and decided I would walk the path with them.

My lord, it was a frustrating experience(and I never even played him in competitive.) You Doomfist mains must be loyal people with a saint’s patience because it was an absolute nightmare with some random good games scattered sparsly throughout.

Fast forward to today where I took gold in hero damage in every game(out of 7) and took gold and silver and one bronze every game for eliminations. All games but the last were victories and that map(Hanamura) is arguably bad for Doomfist(I would assume). Getting better everyday and now he’s one of my favorite heroes to play!

I have followed de path, my brudduhs. You have shown me de wei!!
Kill me these bugs lose me games and drive me crazy
02/17/2018 02:38 AMPosted by Noiiak
Kill me these bugs lose me games and drive me crazy
Hang in there, Pal. Doomfist can't have reg bugs forever

At least I hope not

I'm sure it'll be okay
02/17/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Nethermoosen
So, I didn’t like Doomfist when he first came out, but playing him has always been refreshingly fun. I wasn’t a fan of how powerful he was before his nerfs, but now, even though they are working on him(cheers to that) he’s gotta be one of the hardest heroes to play(and do correct me if someone is harder).

Well, I had the feel bads for people who main Doomfist and decided I would walk the path with them.

My lord, it was a frustrating experience(and I never even played him in competitive.) You Doomfist mains must be loyal people with a saint’s patience because it was an absolute nightmare with some random good games scattered sparsly throughout.

Fast forward to today where I took gold in hero damage in every game(out of 7) and took gold and silver and one bronze every game for eliminations. All games but the last were victories and that map(Hanamura) is arguably bad for Doomfist(I would assume). Getting better everyday and now he’s one of my favorite heroes to play!

I have followed de path, my brudduhs. You have shown me de wei!!

Doomfist has arguably the highest skill cap in the game. It's too bad the hero himself is underpowered, there are just things wrong with his kit that no amount of skill can make up for. Not even bringing up the bugs.
I tried the same thing, as I love playing difficult heroes (reason why I'm a Sombra main). But after playing Doomfist for 6 hours, before he got buffed, it just got way too frustrating. Doomfist is the most on/off hero I've ever played in Overwatch, as you're either just dying over and over again, or you're completely wreaking face and getting triple kills all over the place. It felt like I was having borderline personality disorder.
>maining doomfist
>not using the superior DABFIST player icon
02/17/2018 08:52 AMPosted by TFWNO2DQTPGF
>maining doomfist
>not using the superior DABFIST player icon

Only REAL Doomfist mains will know!

(Seriously though, I feel like every Doomfist main on this forum has a Doomfist Icon of sorts as their pic.)

I have a similar story to you. Except I didn't think he was broken upon release. The hitbox was large...but I reasoned that he'd have to get that far first. I had never thought about maining him but I found myself playing him every now and then.

Then for some reason I decided to use him like season 6...Now I too am a Doomfist main.

Also, you gotta have the patience of a Saint. If it's not Doomfist issues it's your team bellyaching about you using him in Comp!