Nerf Idea for the Junk

General Discussion
So here is the thing Junkrats dps is actually insanely high, with the double concussion mine it really boosted his overall dps. Even with his concussion mine having a lower damage from further away radius, that doesn't tackle his main problem which is his dps is still too damn high.

Most junkrats play close range with concussion mine so that change did barely anything. A better way to balance his dps is to lower his fire rate, it is the only way to really handle this dps that is just coming out like a truck that kills anyone that isn't a tank. It would also require a bit more skill to play as junkrat with a lower fire rate.

Lower Junkrat fire rate down to about half so that a JR would need to play more tactically with it instead of just spamming it down any corridor. This is just an idea, throw in your own.

Please no, "Just play better" "don't stand still" those are not solutions to something that has a generally high dps.
02/17/2018 03:11 AMPosted by Volch
Most junkrats play close range with concussion mine so that change did barely anything. A better way to balance his dps is to lower his fire rate, it is the only way to really handle this dps that is just coming out like a truck
Except that's the thing, it's close-range. You can't deal that sort of DPS with Junkrat outside of close-range, so it's effectively balanced by having to expose yourself and deal the damage before your target retaliates.
Reducing his fire rate would be a bad idea, if for no other reason the game needs answers to shields. I think the only realy problem with Junkrat is his ultimate charge, the second Concussion Mine, even with fall off damage now, just lets him build Rip Tire in under a minute and that ultimate is no longer a joke at all.
"Junk was nerf'd but let's nerf him more" is essentially what you are saying right?
Nerf people like you that keep making BS nerf junk threads... He has already been bent over the table and assaulted. Find a new hobby...