PTR Feedback about Sombra, and why she's okay.

PTR Feedback
Sombra, is balanced, Here's why

She's the new anti-mobility hero we been wanting, McCree and Sombra is gonna be a good combo to counter dive entirely

Tracer Sombra to harass the backlines, You guys often say "NERF GENJI AND TRACER!?!!!1", But are complaining about the Sombra buff because it's "Too broken", when in reality, these are indirect nerfs, Why indirect? Genji and Tracer in a very fragile boat where any changes to nerf them, could render them unusable and worse than Hanzo without Scatter arrow, BUT, Changes to another hero without touching them directly, can work perfectly. Genjis double jump? Tracers Blink? These are the things you guys keep asking to be nerfed. These are the closest to a nerf you'll see.

Sombra needs this buff, I'm not trying to say she'll be "More skill based" because that is often a horrid argument to nerf something, But she'll be used alot more and on the levels of Roadhog usage

You can't say she's busted when other heros literally kill you before you can react, Like roadhogs hook shoot melee, You can't react to that in a 1v1(I know this a team based game, But for Sombra, she engages in 1v1s in the backlines for the most part to disrupt teams.) unless you're another tank, Sombra has a buff that'll actually get her usage and not considered a troll when she's used. That's HUGE for her, She'll no longer be on the same level as Symmetra on GM, Instantly reported for throwing (Not saying I do this, I'm just saying people do this because of how annoying/easy to use they are)

She'll be able to finally kill that annoying meta known as "PharahMercy", Where they literally either 1. One shot you or put you so low their other team mates just body shot you twice, All from 1 pharah damage buff shot. THAT is broken and should be fixed, Not Sombra, Pharah Mercy does damage that a ult should only do.

Keep in mind, these changes are annoying you on the PTR because people are picking her alot, and using her, testing her out. She won't be this used on the live servers, but her usage will definitely rise.

But, if I had to say a change for Sombra, Then don't make it so Lucios aura is effected by her hack, OR, Make it so the other supports self healing is effected.

Keep in mind, this is purely my opinion on the fact, If you disagree, that's cool, I'd like to hear why ON this thread, instead of reading countless other post saying "SOMBRA IS BUSTED REEE I CAN'T DO THIS!?1" "i'm quitting the game of Sombra get's more usage", I want actual reasons, Not that, I want reasons that'll explain changes to the meta, No moot points. That is all, Thanks for reading to the end if you did.

TL:DR- She's balanced no matter how you look at it aside from the Lucio hack.
Hopefully her hack / damage / translocator time is powerful enough to make up for the health pack nerf.

It is really hard to tell in PTR QP games, becaus the health pack change only really shined in comp at diamond and above where teams are more coordinated
02/17/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Wurd
where teams are more coordinated

Meaning teams will compensate for this and start using her more as a DPS instead of a EMP bomb. Which is another reason for this buff.
I wonder if people know that Sombra is Also a part of dive now. Its going to be quite interesting to see it play out
Her hack should animation cancel her reload(like Mcree's flashbang can cancel his reload)
02/17/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Wurd
Hopefully her hack / damage / translocator time is powerful enough to make up for the health pack nerf.

It is really hard to tell in PTR QP games, becaus the health pack change only really shined in comp at diamond and above where teams are more coordinated

It just means she'll have to work harder to build EMP.
02/17/2018 10:42 AMPosted by ParanoiDrone

It just means she'll have to work harder to build EMP.
That's good.
She’s close to strong.

1) her interaction with Lucio is 1000% op though

2a) hack may be a bit too fast now, hard to say on some things till they hit live

2b) faster hack along with how it pushes through walls/barriers a moment and extends to nearly 20 feet once started will make it really hard for all but gm (and maybe even them) to have a chance to not get hacked.
Goldy has spoken...
02/17/2018 06:56 AMPosted by ĤǛĠŎŦĬŜŦȈƇǺĿ
She's the new anti-mobility hero we been wanting, McCree and Sombra is gonna be a good combo to counter dive entirely

she is anti-mobility
she is anti-tank
she is anti-defence heroes
she is anti-support heroes

balanced?
02/17/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Dingel
she is anti-mobility
she is anti-tank

a good enemy sombra reduces the impact of almost every hero in the game.

Balanced?
02/17/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Dingel
02/17/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Dingel
she is anti-mobility
she is anti-tank

a good enemy sombra reduces the impact of almost every hero in the game.

Balanced?
Maybe...?

I mean a good enemy Tracer can tear up almost every hero in the game. She’s strong in the right hands, but considered balanced and just on a really fine balancing point between being too OP and too weak to use if any changes hit.

May end up the same way with Sombra.
she anti everything. that's a problem
02/17/2018 04:23 PMPosted by BlueFountain
I mean a good enemy Tracer can tear up almost every hero in the game. She’s strong in the right hands, but considered balanced

yup cause you cant use abilitys to stop her doing this. and is hard to 1vs1.
If sombra would have the same damage as tracer she would be broken.

And in my opinion tracer is just strong cause she needs a lot of attention to stop her/ kill her.

For example a d.va can use her matrix to stop tracer from dealing damage. If you are hacked what do you do? nothing....

Sombra breaking dive? sombra gets a sneaky hack on some. he gets dived/focused/discorded -> he dead
as there developed sombra. hack was instant. couldn't get interrupted. -> was too strong.
New hack is almost at that point.
02/17/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Dumpster
she anti everything. that's a problem

see. master talking
Heroes like Torbjörn, Symmetra, Doomfist, Phara, Bastion, Lucio, Orisa, that are just of the edge of being viable (viable in certained situation) are getting destroyed, if Sombra gets meta.
02/17/2018 04:23 PMPosted by BlueFountain
I mean a good enemy Tracer can tear up almost every hero in the game. She’s strong in the right hands, but considered balanced

yup cause you cant use abilitys to stop her doing this. and is hard to 1vs1.
If sombra would have the same damage as tracer she would be broken.

And in my opinion tracer is just strong cause she needs a lot of attention to stop her/ kill her.

For example a d.va can use her matrix to stop tracer from dealing damage. If you are hacked what do you do? nothing....

Sombra breaking dive? sombra gets a sneaky hack on some. he gets dived/focused -> he dead
Actually Sombra does do more damage than Tracer. Ten meters Tracer is a little better. 15 is about where Sombra gets better. At 20 meters and farther though Sombra definitely is better.
having played around with her, the ultimate charge nerf is not such a big deal because you go not get forced RNG misses as often with your weapon. so while you do gain ult charge slower, you can build it by dishing out damage. this allows you to have your ult ready when you need it without having it build extremely quickly to be wasted when your team don't capitalize on it. I'll be happy that when u ult, my team might not wipe when they push because Lucio, Mercy and gengi are barely effected by the ultimate.
02/17/2018 04:42 PMPosted by BlueFountain
Actually Sombra does do more damage than Tracer. Ten meters Tracer is a little better. 15 is about where Sombra gets better. At 20 meters and farther though Sombra definitely is better.

So are we talking about damage or range damage?

If you shoting a bot in pratice range with a massive head hitbox, you know you cant compare that to the actual game right?

Also weapon accuracy, damage falloff, and being able to stay in the fight. all of that makes big a difference.
02/17/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Dingel
and being able to stay in the fight.

Yes, because tracer has enough hp to not be 1 shotted