Mercy Mains!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
<Removed by forum moderator for toxicity>
Remember the old days of Dva when she had 400 armour and 200 health with a matrix that lasted forever and canceled everything. Those were the days.

Remember the days when Bastion had his initial iron clad passive and nothing could kill him when he was nano boosted. Those were the days.

Remember when Junkrat had two mines without falloff damage. Those were the days.

Remember when Mcree could FTH/Roll/FTH and kill any tank in seconds or snipe people from across the map. Those were the days.

Remember when Widow had an animation cancel on her scope which allowed her to get rapid kills. Those were the days.

Remember when Doomfist's punch hitbox was the size of a Mac truck and it was impossible to dodge. Those were the days.

Remember when Genji had his right click then melee canceled into swift strike combo. Those were the days.

Remember when Roadhog had a guaranteed kill after he hooked someone. Those were the days.

Now in the future we well be saying: Remember when Hanzo had an ability that was a guaranteed one hit kill. Those were the days.

My point is that I don't deny that mercy's old Rez was fun for the mercy player but it was absolutely frustrating for everyone else. Same went for ever character I just described and if any of them frustrated you at any point then that should give you some perspective on how others felt.
02/19/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Titanium
02/19/2018 04:42 AMPosted by Roflknife
I dont know why people like you are even being remotely considered to have a grasp of how things worked during 1.0. You're proving the exact opposit.
... Go on...
You didnt hide -> Genji saw you and went straight for you with his ult -> You couldnt rez -> Match over.
No, that means you had zero preparation, not that you didn't hide. Good Mercy players could detect an ult-storm before it hit, and would position themselves in a way that:
A) Allows them to heal their team.
B) Isn't obvious and is distant from the enemy team.
C) Provides a quick escape via GA or a combat advantage in the event Mercy is attacked.
D) Provides cover.

In doing so, they minimize their chances of getting killed, yet they still contribute to the teamfight.

If they did this successfully, the fight during the ult-storm would come down purely to practicality for the Mercy:
"Would my healing beam help my team at all?"

In most ult-storms, the answer to that question is "No"; 60 HPS won't help anyone. As Mercy's healing beam is unhelpful and simply telegraphs her position to the enemy in these scenarios, it is best to not heal the team for the following 3-5 seconds.
08/12/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Titanium
"It's just hide and rez."
This quote illustrates that the person saying it has no idea what they are talking about. No, it's not an oversimplification, it's just plain wrong.

"Hide and rez" is a great strategy... assuming your goal is to get wiped after the resurrection. Hiding turns the fight into a 5v6 with a main healer down. Any competent team would be able to walk through your team without expending ultimates, except to counter any ultimates expended by your team. The enemy team already has the positioning advantage and the first shot after the resurrection. "Hide and rez" would also give them the advantage of more ultimate abilities. Doing so sets your team up for failure.

A good Mercy sustains her team until they can no longer be sustained, or until she can no longer do so safely. By doing this, she allows the team to bait more ultimates before dying, giving your team the ultimate ability advantage after the resurrection.
"Die on point." was a mandatory strategy to win matches.
Funny, being that I had my microphone unplugged since season 2, and I have never typed that message into the chat. No, it was not a mandatory strategy to win; it was a recipe to lose.
Whether you want to hear the truth or not.
That's how it was done, that was the best course of action, it was high-level play and the complete meta of Mercy 1.0 playstyle.

If you didnt pull out to hide when necessary, you were a terrible player and have no clue about the subject youre talking about - Trash tier. End of story.
Lol.

You might want to know who you are talking to before you call them trash tier.

Because this "Trash-tier Mercy" was two full competitive skill tiers above your current rank for three consecutive seasons before going inactive after the rework.

Quite simply, you are wrong. "Hide and rez" lost far more games than won.

"Position yourself while healing so Genji cant get you."

You couldnt. That's the point.
Dash, climb, doublejump, ult, dashreset, 5 meter range ultimate.
Fix your gamesense, mate.
Genji was instant-death, unless you had a Pharah somewhere in the air.

Your 4k skill-rating at 1.0 doesnt bother me at all.
Youre talking to 3,8k skillrating 1.0 who never tried to go higher,
get off your high horse, mate, you could fall really hard.
I could pull off some really !@#$ty plays on that rating.
You werent good, mate. You were exactly at the point where your trash-tier gameplay held you back from advancing.

You positioned yourself when ults came, yeah, you started hiding, if that Genji had his ult up and got the !@#$ty "press Q for POTG" when you came out again with the 4-5 man rez.
02/19/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Roflknife
"Position yourself while healing so Genji cant get you."

You couldnt. That's the point.
C) Provides a quick escape via GA
Dash, climb, doublejump, ult, dashreset, 5 meter range ultimate.
*7 meter range.
Fix your gamesense, mate.
Done, as I know that hide and rez will lose you the teamfight. Fix your reading comprehension.
C) Provides a quick escape via GA
Dragonblade has a 7 meter range, plus his 14 meter Swift-Strike ability. If you positioned yourself properly and have the awareness to not let him sneak up on you, he will need to use Swift-Strike to get to you. He could either go about this two ways:
- He could ult first and then engage, at which point you have a warning from the ult callout and time to react.
- He could use Swift-Strike to reach you, ult, and then have Swift-Strike again, but this also gives you time to react from his ultimate activation or to shoot him a few times (1 second activation, 2 seconds to kill vs Mercy's 1 second to headshot kill or 2 seconds non-critical hits).

Either way, you have options, assuming you have completed B and C.
Genji was instant-death, unless you had a Pharah somewhere in the air.
You were wayyyy too dependent on your Pharah in that case... and not really good at evading.
Your 4k skill-rating at 1.0 doesnt bother me at all.
Youre talking to 3,8k skillrating 1.0 who never tried to go higher,
get off your high horse, mate,
That's ironic, considering that me bringing up my rank was in response to this:
If you didnt pull out to hide when necessary, you were a terrible player and have no clue about the subject youre talking about - Trash tier. End of story.
you could fall really hard.
I could pull off some really !@#$ty plays on that rating.
Yet, you aren't there. If you truly could pull of some terrible plays there and not get punished for it on a consistent basis, then why aren't you there, especially with Mercy being the monstrosity she was up until the recent nerfs?
You werent good, mate.
The ranking system and my winrate consistently disagreed with that statement for roughly 140 hours.
You were exactly at the point where your trash-tier gameplay held you back from advancing.
There are always things to do to improve. Oh, are you referring to hide and rez? No, that would not have been an improvement. That would have hurt my performance. Want an example?

EeveeA, who was known for being an incredibly good Mercy player, holding Top-500 repeatedly, was also known for using tempo-Resurrections far more often than mass-resurrections and was never seen hiding for a Resurrection.

So no, the worst thing I could have done to my performance short of intentionally getting myself killed every teamfight was to hide before every teamfight.

There's a reason my rank shot up from Gold in season 3 and continued rising from Diamond to GM in season 4 shortly after I figured that out.
You positioned yourself when ults came, yeah, you started hiding,
So not getting caught in an obvious Graviton Surge is "hiding".
-snip-

I'm not argueing against "tempo-resurrects."
I used them myself plenty of times.

I'm exposing you for bluntly lieing about Mercy 1.0

Forum Moderator Note: I’m going to lock this thread as it became more about Mercy feedback and less about Mercy nostalgia. However, we encourage to continue sharing your feedback on the changes for Mercy in this topic. This is in an effort to consolidate feedback for our team.

Thank you!