McCree buffs? How would you do it?

General Discussion
How would you buff our walker Texas ranger?
Personally id give him roll with 2 charges and have his ult be able to be cancelled without losing ult charge but give it a 10 sec -15 sec internal cd if its cancelled so you don't get spammed with *its high noon* ALSO you only get 1 free bluff so it must be consumed on the next use.
Reduce flashbang by 2 seconds.

Edit: Not everyone can be Pine with a full team of supports and tanks with perfect positioning...
I wouldn't. In a thread a while back someone asked what McCree's role was and Jeff responded with a twitch clip of Pine.

McCree can be a better DPS than Soldier and can beat Tracer and Genji in a 1v1, you just need the skill to do it.
hmm, I would increase his falloff range slightly. Maybe a 10 percent increase.

Also, wouldn't having 2 charges for roll make fan the hammer extremely powerful?
Ya see, I have this really original idea.
Lets make his Ult, A weird Side ability That forces you to stand nearly completely still to use, and can only be used on one person at a time, AND has a two minute cast time. (Solo high noot!)
And give him a completely different Ult, That gives him Infinite ammo and better movement. (Flying Mccree to the rescue!)

Yup! That'll Work. And it's never been done before..

But on a Real Note, I would probably give him a bit of armor instead of health on the bar.
What kind of cowboy doesn't secretly wear armor plates under his clothes?
Everybody knows that!

(You can actually see that he wears some kind of armor, in most of his skins..
Unless that's like, Temp regulation or somethin, for the desert)

Either way, i love thinking up lore based changes. :3

Edit: As a Nice change, Why not put this armor on the BACK of his health bar.
A "Last stand" Type of thing.
(Mccree needs an ability called "Last stand" I don't know or care what, but that needs to happen)
Maybe just a slight increase on his FTH damage (45-> 50 or 55)?
give him hanjo arrow sized bullets
Reduce cooldowns by 1 second each and decrease the falloff range of his gun by another 3ish meters, so you can snipe from farther.
- 50% damage reduction whilst casting Deadeye
- Primary fire damage increased to 75-30 (from 70-20)
- Combat roll has 1 second less CD time
I wouldn't buff him. He doesn't need it.
Add a second crit damage modifier but only apply it to body shots

so his head shot damage stays the same but body shots do like 10% more damage

the problem with mccree is that unless you have amazing accuracy there are much better options.

increase his body shot damage would lower his skill floor but keep his skill ceiling the same
02/18/2018 12:34 AMPosted by orthrus
Add a second crit damage modifier but only apply it to body shots

so his head shot damage stays the same but body shots do like 10% more damage

the problem with mccree is that unless you have amazing accuracy there are much better options.

increase his body shot damage would lower his skill floor but keep his skill ceiling the same

So like an armor-piercing bullet or something to that affect? That would be interesting, but I don't think a lot of people would agree if it were added.
There's no place where McCree needs a buff, at least not without a nerf somewhere else (and even that would be asking for a lot). He's a very capable DPS with his current kit and even in a meta that doesn't completely favor him, he still finds a lot more use than a lot of heroes. You can't really up one part of his kit in any way without making him exponentially more powerful than he already is.
02/18/2018 12:36 AMPosted by Puppydemon

So like an armor-piercing bullet or something to that affect? That would be interesting, but I don't think a lot of people would agree if it were added.

McCree's bullets are already "armor piercing". They only take -5 damage against armor.

Increasing his damage by 10% on bodyshots only doesn't affect TTK or HTK, so it's also a useless buff quantity.

Buffing McCree is probably down to his mobility more than anything about his gun. He's just so damn slow, and this can be really punishing if he's caught out of position by a fast moving comp.

On the other hand, increasing his mobility means he needs to take a damage penalty, because he can't 1v6 a la Pine or Linkzr and be able to combat roll everywhere like he's praising the sun 24/7.
give him better mobility skill
02/18/2018 12:06 AMPosted by Lesstoxic
How would you buff our walker Texas ranger? Personally id give him roll with 2 charges and have his ult be able to be cancelled without losing ult charge but give it a 10 sec -15 sec internal cd if its cancelled so you don't get spammed with *its high noon* ALSO you only get 1 free bluff so it must be consumed on the next use.

I would not buff him
- 6 second Roll
Lower the cooldown on Roll since its the worst movement ability in the game and it's only utility is reloading his Peacekeeper, but the reload isn't even that long anyway
02/18/2018 12:13 AMPosted by Splenectomy
I wouldn't. In a thread a while back someone asked what McCree's role was and Jeff responded with a twitch clip of Pine.

McCree can be a better DPS than Soldier and can beat Tracer and Genji in a 1v1, you just need the skill to do it.

Yes. You need way more skill than the enemy Tracer and Genji has, to beat them. And McCree supposed to be their counter. Niceeeeeeee.

BTW I would give his flash bang bigger hit time register. It is annoying when Tracer come out of stun cuz of s*** internet. This would make it more reliable. And make it explode when it hits the target.
And reduce roll CD.
02/18/2018 01:42 AMPosted by Budzai
02/18/2018 12:13 AMPosted by Splenectomy

Yes. You need way more skill than the enemy Tracer and Genji has, to beat them. And McCree supposed to be their counter. Niceeeeeeee.

BTW I would give his flash bang bigger hit time register. It is annoying when Tracer come out of stun cuz of s*** internet. This would make it more reliable. And make it explode when it hits the target.
And reduce roll CD.
pressing E takes a lot of skill?