Why is the majority of the forum users are support players?

General Discussion
Are there something special about support players that makes them love the forum so much?
I'm only here for the occasional Blue Post.

Also for the Flamewars, but the good ones.
02/18/2018 06:08 AMPosted by ChillPill
Are there something special about support players that makes them love the forum so much?

No, they're not the majority. They just seem to wear their identities on their chest more than anyone except the Genji Mains.
They are the loud part of this forum. Those who complain about everything, those who will find something to whine about everytime.
You might just be seeing more of them because of Mercy's reworks and nerfs. Also people are asking for her to be reverted too.
02/18/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Flyphoenix
You might just be seeing more of them because of Mercy's reworks and nerfs. Also people are asking for her to be reverted too.

this. i've never even hang out in the forum before the nerfs were announced
I feel like (as an in general support main) it's just a coincidence. There's not a lot of tank mains though, it seems. Or at least they're not super vocal like dps/support.

02/18/2018 06:13 AMPosted by AimlockEnox
They are the loud part of this forum. Those who complain about everything, those who will find something to whine about everytime.

pfft. everyone complains here. don't make it out like anyone is special and never complains ever. (except Rein mains. Rein mains are made of pure gold and anyone who disagrees can square up)

I don't know man, but if someone compiled past few days post, the highest frequency would of Genji/Tracer main complaining about Moira.
They are just more vocal.
Also when a hero gets nerfed, the mains of that hero usually pops up all over the place to defend it.
02/18/2018 06:16 AMPosted by KucingKadut
02/18/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Flyphoenix

this. i've never even hang out in the forum before the nerfs were announced
same i came here when the rework got announced cause i was a bit worried what would happen. apparently my woes were spot on
from when Genji mains are called "support mains"?
02/18/2018 06:08 AMPosted by ChillPill

Hi!

Support Mains are eloquent.
02/18/2018 06:32 AMPosted by dostheboss

hey now, I had bronze healing as genji once. He's a great support hero!
02/18/2018 06:32 AMPosted by dostheboss

Coming from a Moira main. How funny.
I don't know if it's really the case, but if it was, the first thing that comes to mind : a support main is inherently more social driven (teamwork, assist, helping, communicating, etc).
A megathread on "Genji Deflect Hitbox" received more than 1500 upvotes (and, frankly, it's Genji's only balanced ability). An endless cry about the "death" of the Doomfist. Infinite orders from Junkrat nerf... because now he kills the DPS heroes easier. Tireless requests from Moira nerf because she kills Genji easily. Lúcio, as support, thrown to the ground, and as DPS, thrown to the stars. The "apocalyptic nerf" of the Roadhog.

...Tell me: where did you get this forum, which is a hivemind-mob from DPS players, is a place where the support players love so much?

EDIT: Yes, i know what he is DPS. The point is: who complains more about Junkrat? The DPS themselves. If only we killed Support more easily, there would not be even a third of topics about it, and most of those topics would have had few votes. And speaking of voting, topics about "DPS useless," "DPS need of buff," "DPS players are being pursued," and other such things earn well over 100 votes pretty easy. Now if you see a topic (of Support) complaining about the nerfs on the support, that DPS heroes need to be more balancing, that DPS X needs nerf, you will only see 50 votes. And you can consider this "50 votes" as the maximum of active players in the forum. Because they are the minority here.

A drizzle of topics with few votes does not compare with a storm of topics with many votes. Am i not constantly visiting? Perhaps. But whenever i visit, it's always the same. And that forum was not hivemind, i would be seeing totally different things every time i came here. But things have remained exactly the same since this game was released. The story i commented up there is just one of the many DPS complaints they've had since always. As a lot of people also complained that Mcgree needed a buff, that Reaper needed a buff, that D.VA needed more damage and that needed to nerf she ability Matrix Defense, because all DPS got rage when his ult was blocked, and they got the excuse that this skill did not need skill, that it was unbalanced, etc.

The Lúcio radius aura nerfed? No one complain. The damage boost of Mercy and Zenyatta nerfed? No one complain. Ana biotic grenade nerfed? No... yeah, you know... the nerfs of supports are ignored. Why? Because most of the forum is not made up of support players. And DPS are little caring about what happens to heroes support. They hardly pick up Support and give installock-DPS at the speed of sound. That's all that matters: Damage, high score kill, PotG for killing the entire team alone with an ult. Can Support stand out like this? Apparently not.

And Mercy only receives attention of several topics because the DPS have been depressed with the nerf of an ability so easy and so without mechanics. In fact, Mercy is a super easy support for DPS who do not want to have work to play as support. Just three more, among many, evidence of hivemind in this forum.

And have you seen a support player asking that the support hero need to be nerfed? No. And then there's the DPS players saying that Blizzard and OverTeam never listens to them...
I don't get this impression at all. The forum's 'consensus' swings a lot based on which groups are currently the majority of the posters. There's certain opinions you'll get upvoted for on one day and yelled at on another.
look at the what's been going on lately. the past 4 or 5 patches have all been support nerfs. of course Support mains are going to be active here to try and get things to change for the better
Umm hey there...

..................- Former Mercy main
02/18/2018 06:43 AMPosted by GNDTMR
A megathread on "Genji Deflect Hitbox" received more than 1500 upvotes (and, frankly, it's Genji's only balanced ability). An endless cry about the "death" of the Doomfist. Infinite orders from Junkrat nerf... because now he kills the DPS heroes easier. Tireless requests from Moira nerf because she kills Genji easily. Lúcio, as support, thrown to the ground, and as DPS, thrown to the stars. The "apocalyptic nerf" of the Roadhog.

...Tell me: where did you get this forum, which is a hivemind-mob from DPS players, is a place where the support players love so much?
A hivemind mob of DPS players ? you clearly haven't been using these forums for enough time

Edit : also ,endless nerf orders to junkrat becuase he kills dps easier ????

You do realize he's also a dps ,right ?