Why do PC players

General Discussion
Think it’s easier to aim on console? It’s definitely not.

Aim assist just isn’t as good as it sounds, guys.

Edit: Title should say SOME PC players. I am aware the majority are aware aiming is easier on PC. I am not implying this makes anyone superior. I have no interest in console wars, console vs PC or who is better. The better people are the ones who treat others with respect.
I don't think it's easier. That's why I think PC is the ideal platform for the game. But an answer for your question might be the aim-assist that the console versions have.
02/18/2018 09:20 PMPosted by Brand
I don't think it's easier. That's why I think PC is the ideal platform for the game. But an answer for your question might be the aim-assist that the console versions have.

Yeah, but even with that, it doesn’t make up for the control of a mouse. And it also ruins shots as often as it makes up for using analog sticks.
A lot think that aim assist is actually assisting people despite how hindering it is in some games, and from what I have seen for OW many PC players think aim assist is actually something doing part of the aim for a player. A lot of misunderstandings or people taking the PC master race joke too far by looking for any excuse to hate a person that wants to play on console.
When did anyone who plays PC actually say that??
It's not easy it's just stupid
Console has aim assist...
Kinda can't deny it's easier when you get
Aim
Assist
No one thinks that
02/18/2018 09:24 PMPosted by JimmyCarter

this... i think everyone who plays any fps on pc knows that pc is just sstraight up better lol.

Here.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761876493
02/18/2018 09:24 PMPosted by MarioDragon
Aim
Assist

And here. Because he has no idea apparently.
02/18/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Nethermoosen

Here.

When did anyone (who has a basic understanding of gaming in general) who plays PC actually say that??*

Fixed. Quoting one idiot definitely doesn't give your argument leverage my friend.
I have never heard one of us say its easier to aim. Maybe i’m just out of the loop.
02/18/2018 09:27 PMPosted by JimmyCarter

Here.

When did anyone (who has a basic understanding of gaming in general) who plays PC actually say that??*

Fixed. Quoting one idiot definitely doesn't give your argument leverage my friend.

Actually quotes two. See next post from one you quoted. Also, it was two in the link. And I’ve seen it in reddit, Facebook and friends.
Aim
Assist

It definitely makes aiming easier, but it can become an issue at times too. For example, if you're trying to aim at a certain character and another enemy walks in front of them the aim assist can trigger and try to follow that character which can mess you up.

But honestly, neither PC or console are inherently easier to play. It depends on what the player is comfortable with. For me, Console is easier for me to play since I've grown up playing console, and controllers are more comfortable for me to use. Whereas I just got a PC last year and for some reason my hands are shaky when I use M&KB so my aim is pretty trash and I often press keys I don't mean to press.
02/18/2018 09:28 PMPosted by EdgiestName
I have never heard one of us say its easier to aim. Maybe i’m just out of the loop.

See above. And it happens a lot. I’m shocked you never hear or read that. It isn’t constant, but it isn’t rare.
02/18/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Profane
Aim
Assist

It definitely makes aiming easier, but it can become an issue at times too. For example, if you're trying to aim at a certain character and another enemy walks in front of them the aim assist can trigger and try to follow that character which can mess you up.

But honestly, neither PC or console are inherently easier to play. It depends on what the player is comfortable with. For me, Console is easier for me to play since I've grown up playing console, and controllers are more comfortable for me to use. Whereas I just got a PC last year and for some reason my hands are shaky when I use M&KB so my aim is pretty trash and I often press keys I don't mean to press.

See, I’m comfortable with both and the mouse allows more control than aim assist can make up for.
02/18/2018 09:27 PMPosted by JimmyCarter

Here.

Correct. It’s the fact lots of people think aim assist is easy street. Make a post specifically that says “Is aim assist easier than mouse and key?” Then tell me I have no leverage.
I'm gonna have to disagree with this, Tracer with max aim assist is brokenly OP. It literally does the aiming for you, I actually use the right stick more when I play Winston. It requires next to no skill to play characters like Tracer on console. Aim assist helps alot.