People that complain to much about their teammates.

Competitive Discussion
I dont know why but some people seem to have really unrealistic expectations of some people. I had a comp match yesterday where i had the gold medals for kills and damage and my team was still complaining that i wasnt doing anything. I do think that i have been reported becaus of that which i dont like becaus its pretty unfair.
I would like to know if others have a lot of problems with that.
its not about medals.

its about your team creating a successful push or hold and then it not happening. thinking we could at least do this differently and hope something different happens.

but then theres you, mandating the same previous play because you have gold elims and somehow your opinion is worth more, despite clearly losing.

einstein's definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and hoping for a different outcome.

----------------------------

the players are poorly conveying their message to you, that you should do this differently, and are admitting "something" went wrong. and they believe you were the issue.
02/19/2018 05:58 AMPosted by ƒudge
its not about medals.

its about your team creating a successful push or hold and then it not happening. thinking we could at least do this differently and hope something different happens.

but then theres you, mandating the same previous play because you have gold elims and somehow your opinion is worth more, despite clearly losing.

einstein's definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and hoping for a different outcome.

the players are poorly conveying their message to you, that you should do this differently, and are admitting "something" went wrong. and they believe you were the issue.

Um they where saying i wasnt doing anything and that i wasnt good enough they didnt say anything about using an other char to create a better team. And since the point of dps is to damage and get kills and i had the highest of the team i think its very clear that i was doing enough.

Also i wasnt mandating doing the same thing becaus i kept doing diffrent things and kept getting kills. And just becaus a part of the team thinks i was the problem doesnt mean i was it wasnt like they where switching chars to get a better team comp.
02/19/2018 07:30 AMPosted by SnowDragon
its not about medals.

Um they where saying i wasnt doing anything and that i wasnt good enough they didnt say anything about using an other char to create a better team. And since the point of dps is to damage and get kills and i had the highest of the team i think its very clear that i was doing enough.

you were on moira, i bet you misused your heal spray too much, had none, and couldn't heal them when it mattered and you probably burned orb off cooldown always on damage. when again, your team needs healing.

thats all speculation of course, but if your team cant articulate what they want they're just dumb. and you have to accept thats the playerbase that you're working with.

now unfortunately you have a 4minute push, so you cant have an at length discussion as to whats actually wrong with the team.

but in short, they believe you are the problem. will you adapt in knowing that bit of information? yes or no.
02/19/2018 07:39 AMPosted by ƒudge

you were on moira, i bet you misused your heal spray too much, had none, and couldn't heal them when it mattered and you probably burned orb off cooldown always on damage. when again, your team needs healing.

thats all speculation of course, but if your team cant articulate what they want they're just dumb. and you have to accept thats the playerbase that you're working with.

now unfortunately you have a 4minute push, so you cant have an at length discussion as to whats actually wrong with the team.

but in short, they believe you are the problem. will you adapt in knowing that bit of information? yes or no.

When did i say i was Moira? I was Reaper and what should i have done then go to an other dps and get less kills and damage then i was doing a third tank or a third healer? And again they where saying i wasnt doing enough and was bad but the stats proof otherwise.
Also you really you do seem to assume a lot of what happend in that match like what char i was playing with, that i was bad, that it wasnt my teammates that where the problem but you dont seem to assume that we where up against a really strong team.
02/19/2018 08:00 AMPosted by SnowDragon
02/19/2018 07:39 AMPosted by ƒudge

When did i say i was Moira? I was Reaper and what should i have done then go to an other dps and get less kills and damage then i was doing a third tank or a third healer? And again they where saying i wasnt doing enough and was bad but the stats proof otherwise.
Also you really you do seem to assume a lot of what happend in that match like what char i was playing with, that i was bad, that it wasnt my teammates that where the problem but you dont seem to assume that we where up against a really strong team.

its extremely easy to tell if a dps is screwing up or not.

most notably the enemy team is putting you into the dirt. regardless of your own personal stats.
People do overestimate their understanding of how others play. Maybe you did great. I dunno. I’m sure there could have been improvements. But I’ve been called out when I was doing great and not called out when I was sucking. Don’t think too hard about it. Just try to keep improving.
Because blaming others makes people feel better about themselves. It's easier to handle emotionally that admitting they might need to improve themselves.

The amount of blaming in this game is ridiculous, and now I just laugh any time I hear it (directed at me or not, though usually not, as people don't really have high expectations for Zen :) )
@OP

Don't take it to heart, remember that more often than not the people criticising you are your peers in ability. It means they *may* have insights into your play but more often than not they won't.

Now keep in mind, I am only gold as well, however 1 thing I do know is that medals aren't the be all and end all of a match. Here is an example that may give you some insight as to why (I saw another post about this from a widow who cleared 3 enemies from the point and their team still lost a 5 v 3)

Sometimes the other team is mostly trash players, but there are 1 or 2 particularly strong players who are essentially carrying them. These people have great mechanical skill and game sense. So where you may have just killed 3 of the trash players, the Hanzo or Soldier or DVA that has been dominating your team is still alive, and the fact you killed 3 trash players who were out of position doesn't amount to a lot.

Now don't get me wrong, this doesn't always happen, but sometimes killing the *Carrier* on the enemy team, whether that is Mercy, Hanzo, DVA etc is *more* important than just picking up random kills.

This is how you can keep losing matches with 4+ gold medals.

It can be up to you to step up to the plate, get less medals, but guarantee the enemy Mercy, Widow or Winston just stays dead.
02/19/2018 04:53 AMPosted by SnowDragon
I dont know why but some people seem to have really unrealistic expectations of some people. I had a comp match yesterday where i had the gold medals for kills and damage and my team was still complaining that i wasnt doing anything. I do think that i have been reported becaus of that which i dont like becaus its pretty unfair.
I would like to know if others have a lot of problems with that.
fully depends on who you are playing, if you are a support than prioritize healing over damage. if you are playing bastion dont even mention damage. for other characters you should focus characters you counters, like mcree vs phara, winston vs genji...
its not about medals.

Also i wasnt mandating doing the same thing becaus i kept doing diffrent things and kept getting kills. And just becaus a part of the team thinks i was the problem doesnt mean i was it wasnt like they where switching chars to get a better team comp.

Your grammar and diction are bad enough to make me think you are probably doing something wrong in your games too. Maybe your team doesn't know why exactly they down vote you, they just do, similarly to how I down voted you based on the coherence of what you wrote.
Just a heads up, it should be “too” not “to”. People should stop complaining about their teammates, but you bringing up medals just makes me want to complain about you.
02/19/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Jules
Your grammar and diction are bad enough to make me think you are probably doing something wrong in your games too.

Or maybe english isn't OP primary language.
I like how whenever someone boasts about their medals, everyone else immediately assumes the medaled didn't accomplish any teamwork.
02/19/2018 04:50 PMPosted by chickenchasr
I like how whenever someone boasts about their medals, everyone else immediately assumes the medaled didn't accomplish any teamwork.

Those who brag about medals typically don't have a good view of team work. Maybe you have gold but perhaps, for the ops situation. You're on reaper killing some characters, but there is always a phara in your back line, or flankers. Maybe by "you aren't doing enough" the team meant, we realize you're getting kills, but they aren't the kills we need right now.

Don't get me wrong, i fully understand that this is 100% a scapegoat community that refuses to awknowledge it is anyone's fault but the team sometimes. But if you really look at yourself you can find things you could do better.

I don't have a video of the game, so I can't tell you who was making what mistakes. But maybe consider recording your games and watching them back, or sending them to someone else for review.

Best of luck in your games!

Edit: lol, whoever down voted me care to explain? Literally said some times the team has a reason, and sometimes they are just being jerks and blaming anyone but themselves. I cannot say which is the case for op because 1. I do not know the comps of both teams 2. I do not have footage of the game in question 3. I don't know op personally. So please explain what I said to earn a dislike c:
02/19/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Jules

Your grammar and diction are bad enough to make me think you are probably doing something wrong in your games too. Maybe your team doesn't know why exactly they down vote you, they just do, similarly to how I down voted you based on the coherence of what you wrote.

English is not my native language
02/19/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Voluer
02/19/2018 04:50 PMPosted by chickenchasr

Those who brag about medals typically don't have a good view of team work. Maybe you have gold but perhaps, for the ops situation. You're on reaper killing some characters, but there is always a phara in your back line, or flankers. Maybe by "you aren't doing enough" the team meant, we realize you're getting kills, but they aren't the kills we need right now.

Don't get me wrong, i fully understand that this is 100% a scapegoat community that refuses to awknowledge it is anyone's fault but the team sometimes. But if you really look at yourself you can find things you could do better.

I don't have a video of the game, so I can't tell you who was making what mistakes. But maybe consider recording your games and watching them back, or sending them to someone else for review.

Edit: lol, whoever down voted me care to explain? Literally said some times the team has a reason, and sometimes they are just being jerks and blaming anyone but themselves. I cannot say which is the case for op because 1. I do not know the comps of both teams 2. I do not have footage of the game in question 3. I don't know op personally. So please explain what I said to earn a dislike c:

I do want to say i didn't mean to brag about getting gold medals it was more to show that contrary to what the team believed of me i was doing work and not just jumping on the enemy not do anything and die or just standing around a corner waiting for people that i can kill like they seemed to think i was doing. But they really seemed to be under the impression i wasnt doing anything becaus they even said that to my friend i was in the team with.
02/20/2018 07:22 AMPosted by SnowDragon
02/19/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Voluer

I do want to say i didn't mean to brag about getting gold medals it was more to show that contrary to what the team believed of me i was doing work and not just jumping on the enemy not do anything and die or just standing around a corner waiting for people that i can kill like they seemed to think i was doing. But they really seemed to be under the impression i wasnt doing anything becaus they even said that to my friend i was in the team with.

Just so I can get a better understanding, not saying you were doing bad I just don't have the whole picture. What were the comps of both teams? As all I know right now is that you were on reaper, which does not give much insight to the situation.