Moira counters Tracer - and everything else

General Discussion
02/19/2018 01:07 PMPosted by GrumpyDaddy
02/19/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Reazen
I don't understand this whole "Moira counters Pharah" thing. I never see it, please explain. Mercy outheals Moira's suck and Pharah's I play with are usually too high up to get hit by Moira anyway.

Pharah is not Mercy.

Mercy is usually combo'd with Pharah. So anything trying to go after Pharah has to do more then 60 DPS.

This means that a Moira wont be able to kill any Pharah that has Mercy support. Not even with Orb.
Just go behind and shoot. As someone who plays tracer a bit I can tell you that if you can’t deal with Moira you shouldn’t be in plat “_”

(I know this sounds toxic but I honestly do)
Moira is like a nice breather away from that ‘dependent prey’ feeling healers have, if they ever think nerfing her is a good idea; I hope they remember to make that part suffer the least.
How 2 tank??????!
I think anyone who says Moira needs a nerf should get a 24 hr forum ban to think about why they are wrong.
02/19/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Sickerton
I would pay actual money to see you solo a Roadhog as Moira.

Assuming the average DPS of Moira with 100% accuracy and only using offensive orbs is 70 DPS.

Roadhogs TaB gives him an average 37.5 HPS and an average 12.5% DR, bringing Moira's DPS down to 61.25 on average.

Factoring in the healing, and it brings Moira's DPS down to 23.75, which means Moira's TTK on Roadhog, assuming he eats the entirety of every Orb and her beam never breaks, would be 25.26 seconds.

In reality, it'd probably be even higher.
02/19/2018 12:50 PMPosted by GrumpyDaddy
Who doesn't love this obviously ez-mode, OP Hero, that can shoot Pharah from the sky like noone else?

Who doesn't love idiots who keep making spam forum posts making false claims about a hero they're too bad at the game to beat?
OP's username checks out.
02/19/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Reaper
She counters Reaper?

haha this fool has no idea how effective hellfire shotguns are to little Irish woman
02/19/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Awkward

Assuming the average DPS of Moira with 100% accuracy and only using offensive orbs is 70 DPS.

Roadhogs TaB gives him an average 37.5 HPS and an average 12.5% DR, bringing Moira's DPS down to 61.25 on average.

Factoring in the healing, and it brings Moira's DPS down to 23.75, which means Moira's TTK on Roadhog, assuming he eats the entirety of every Orb and her beam never breaks, would be 25.26 seconds.

In reality, it'd probably be even higher.

To add to this, I went ham on a Roadhog just to see how long it would take or if he would just kill me. I was Reinhardt with Earthshatter. I pinned him, fire struck him, hit him twice, earthshattered, hit him 3 more times and he still killed me. 5 hits at 80 damage comes to 375, plus a fire strike for 475, a pin for 775 and Earthshatter adds 50 for 825 damage. He of course healed during this time, so probably two hits were halfed in damage and he healed 300. The healing alone would bring him to 900 so he just kills me anyways.

Reinhardt vs Moira- She is out of range of hammer, has fade or dies.
02/19/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Reazen
I don't understand this whole "Moira counters Pharah" thing. I never see it, please explain. Mercy outheals Moira's suck and Pharah's I play with are usually too high up to get hit by Moira anyway.

I didn't know Pharah had her own Mercy heal ability
What button is that bound to?

Okay but seriously
as Pharah I find Moira slightly annoying but not a counter. Moira does not need a nerf.
02/19/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Daylight
I find her rather easy to 1v1 as lucio since lucio has his own self heal and the speed to catch up with her when she tries to fade away

Let's be honest here, a good Moira should never lose to a Lucio in a 1v1.
02/19/2018 01:26 PMPosted by TankHunter
02/19/2018 01:07 PMPosted by GrumpyDaddy

Pharah is not Mercy.

Mercy is usually combo'd with Pharah. So anything trying to go after Pharah has to do more then 60 DPS.

This means that a Moira wont be able to kill any Pharah that has Mercy support. Not even with Orb.

Pharah is not Pharmercy.
You can not compare one hero vs. a team of two.
02/19/2018 01:28 PMPosted by WindowMaker
Just go behind and shoot. As someone who plays tracer a bit I can tell you that if you can’t deal with Moira you shouldn’t be in plat “_”

(I know this sounds toxic but I honestly do)

Coming from someone just barely in plat himself.
02/19/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Nethermoosen
Reinhardt vs Moira- She is out of range of hammer, has fade or dies.

Moira in general struggles heavily with armour. Her beam does low amounts of damage per tick, which means she cops the full 50% DR against armour.

In general Moira is REALLY bad against Tanks. Low, but consistent sustained damage lends itself to killing super mobile isolated heroes like Flankers quite well, but against a large HP target who usually has teammates backing them up, it's a waste of time outside recharging LMB or simply surviving.

I just run away if I see Roadhog.
The only area I see her do well is in death match and that's cuz of all the kill stealing going on. 1v1 idk how you loose to her tbh. She's actually pretty balanced and has to work for her healing to be any useful.

Also roadhog may as well be immortal to her. She actually can't kill him. He can miss every single shot, wave to you, press E, miss hook, wave again, hook again off cooldown and one shot you in the face.
You people take my headline - which is of course meant to be an attention grabber - very literally.
Moira counters too much and too easily. You will see. Debate in this new Moira meta, that has replaced the Mercy meta, will develop and heat up.
02/19/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Andrey
The only area I see her do well is in death match and that's cuz of all the kill stealing going on. 1v1 idk how you loose to her tbh. She's actually pretty balanced and has to work for her healing to be any useful.

Also roadhog may as well be immortal to her. She actually can't kill him. He can miss every single shot, wave to you, press E, miss hook, wave again, hook again off cooldown and one shot you in the face.

You don't necessarily need to kill someone to counter them. Some heroes it is enough to waste their time, others it is enough to chase them off heavily hurt. A flanker like Tracer and Genji will have to run to a health pack or back to their team, wasting quite some time before they can engage again.
02/19/2018 12:50 PMPosted by GrumpyDaddy
Who doesn't love this obviously ez-mode, OP Hero, that can shoot Pharah from the sky like noone else?

If you can solo Pharah as Moira, the problem isn't Moira. Also Moira's weakness in general are people who either have far more health than her (every tank ever), or people who can easily and reliably out DPS her. Like say, Pharah, Junkrat, not terrible soldiers/McCrees, Reapers, etc.

The problem people are having with Moira right now is that 1.) a lot of people think that DPS Moira is good, when you gain far more value for your team as a healer. and 2.) flankers can't shut down Moira like they can other healers, unless they are very good. You actually have to have good tanks and good not-dive DPS to counter Moira. Most teams are woefully underpracticed in both those roles.