Moira counters Tracer - and everything else

General Discussion
02/19/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Reazen
I don't understand this whole "Moira counters Pharah" thing. I never see it, please explain. Mercy outheals Moira's suck and Pharah's I play with are usually too high up to get hit by Moira anyway.
I don't think Moira really hard-counters Pharah but she is definitely good against her.

First, Pharah isn't always with a Mercy. Pretty self explanatory.

(I'm not exactly 100% sure on this) Moira's beam goes up 20m which is around the height of the skybox meaning that its pretty easy to latch onto her.

You can say that Pharah can kill Moira if she is just doing that, but the beam restores Moira's HP and its pretty difficult to get a direct hit. She can also use her ball to heal herself giving her even more health if the Pharah does get a direct hit. Moira can also evade some shots nicely with Fade.

I hope I answered your question!
02/19/2018 02:18 PMPosted by GrumpyDaddy
Debate in this new Moira meta

There is no “debate”, just salty dps mains who’d rather spam these garbage posts than learn to properly counter Moira.
She’s balanced. Get used to it.
You people take my headline - which is of course meant to be an attention grabber - very literally.
Moira counters too much and too easily. You will see. Debate in this new Moira meta, that has replaced the Mercy meta, will develop and heat up.

Moira's a good counter for flankers, but horrible against tanks or anything with burst. She's not out solo killing Roadhogs and if she's killing Pharah's out of the sky, she's aiming (yes, not auto locking) and the Pharah's doing a poor job of killing an easy target.
02/19/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Erikonil
You people take my headline - which is of course meant to be an attention grabber - very literally.
Moira counters too much and too easily. You will see. Debate in this new Moira meta, that has replaced the Mercy meta, will develop and heat up.

Moira's a good counter for flankers, but horrible against tanks or anything with burst. She's not out solo killing Roadhogs and if she's killing Pharah's out of the sky, she's aiming (yes, not auto locking) and the Pharah's doing a poor job of killing an easy target.

That is simply not true. It is not that easy to kill a target as pharah 20 meters away. Especially not one that self-heals, both with orbs and passively while doing damage, while her damage is guaranteed with lock-on.
02/19/2018 01:07 PMPosted by GrumpyDaddy
02/19/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Reazen
I don't understand this whole "Moira counters Pharah" thing. I never see it, please explain. Mercy outheals Moira's suck and Pharah's I play with are usually too high up to get hit by Moira anyway.

Pharah is not Mercy.

8 downvotes for pointing out that Hero A is not Hero B
kek
02/19/2018 03:28 PMPosted by GrumpyDaddy
02/19/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Erikonil

That is simply not true. It is not that easy to kill a target as pharah 20 meters away. Especially not one that self-heals, both with orbs and passively while doing damage, while her damage is guaranteed with lock-on.

Pharah's rockets travel at 35 metres per second
Moira's range is 20 metres
In ONE second, Pharah's rockets traver further than Moira's range by 15 metres, the entire length of a Zarya beam

And you're telling me you can't hit one of the biggest support characters? Moira is as tall as Zen is wide.

Also, where is your team when the Moira is looking up into the sky trying to latch onto you?

It sounds more like a YOU problem than a Moira one. If you can't hit someone within 20 metres as Pharah aiming DOWNWARDS from above, maybe pick another hero
Sorry, moira doesn't counter tracer. tracer destroys moira through her life leech, through her healing orb, and right back to spawn. you're really underestimating tracers insane levels of damage. think reaper, with range.
02/19/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Uperior
02/19/2018 03:28 PMPosted by GrumpyDaddy

Pharah's rockets travel at 35 metres per second
Moira's range is 20 metres
In ONE second, Pharah's rockets traver further than Moira's range by 15 metres, the entire length of a Zarya beam

And you're telling me you can't hit one of the biggest support characters? Moira is as tall as Zen is wide.

Also, where is your team when the Moira is looking up into the sky trying to latch onto you?

It sounds more like a YOU problem than a Moira one. If you can't hit someone within 20 metres as Pharah aiming DOWNWARDS from above, maybe pick another hero

If it was so easy, then Pharah would be OP. She clearly is not - quite the contrary.
I see you have no time on Pharah.
02/19/2018 08:11 PMPosted by jedc22
Sorry, moira doesn't counter tracer. tracer destroys moira through her life leech, through her healing orb, and right back to spawn. you're really underestimating tracers insane levels of damage. think reaper, with range.

No, Im not underestimating Tracer's damage, as I have alot of experience with her (this is not my only account).
Reaper's range shouldn't be underestimated btw. He can be quite a handful for Tracer, as they are effective at the same ranges.
02/19/2018 01:25 PMPosted by GrumpyDaddy
02/19/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Tarshaid
31 hours on Tracer, next played is Pharah with 5 hours... Well I can suppose you're being a very mediocre Pharah, but I'm still going to guess it's your Tracer maining that gets all of this salt.

I have had Moiras flank and kill me on Ana and Mercy.
Her range is very long, so long, that in most relevant fights, she can also target Pharah.

It’s annoying this is getting downvotes since it’s accurate. I’ve been flanked and killed by Moira on Widow. And I have leeched from Pharah while she was in the sky. The thing is, Pharah CAN get out of her range by going higher, and if she needs to she can drop down once out of range. I’ve also killed Moira with a couple of rockets to the face. Those Moiras tend to leave me alone after that.
I don't get the "She's a Pharah counter" talk either.

Like, playing Moira, yeah ... I've damaged a lot of Pharahs. I've gotten the final blow on a lot of Pharahs. But I don't think I've ever actually 100% > 0%'d a Pharah. I did try once ... didn't end well for me. Turns out rockets hurt. :P

I have, however, 100% > 0%'d a Widow up on a ledge. It was pretty funny - she didn't move. Just kept trying to shoot me as I jumped around. Pretty easy kill, tbh. And, yep, she whined in match chat about how OP'd Moira was after I killed her. Moira's OP'd guys. She can kill a completely stationary target in four seconds.

Those training bots don't stand a chance.
You didn't get demoted to Gold because of Moira or any other "OP" character, you got demoted because you're bad. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you'll climb.
Moira doesn't counter Tracer.

And Moira cant do **** against Tanks (cept a Winston that doesn't know how to shield dance).
02/20/2018 01:01 AMPosted by Cheddar
You didn't get demoted to Gold because of Moira or any other "OP" character, you got demoted because you're bad. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you'll climb.

I have been close to diamond on this account (my main I topped at 3113) and usually I hover around 2700-2800. Matchmaking is completely !@#$ed up here at the end of the season and I have been on a huge loss streak this weekend.
I left my last two games at the beginning (noone got hurt but me) to get down fast to reset and start over.
02/20/2018 01:07 AMPosted by SlickBeak
Moira doesn't counter Tracer.

And Moira cant do **** against Tanks (cept a Winston that doesn't know how to shield dance).

I guess everybody should just play quad tank meta then.
I mean a support is perfectly balanced when all dps characters are troll picks solely because of her.
/s
02/20/2018 12:49 AMPosted by Crepsly
I don't get the "She's a Pharah counter" talk either.

Like, playing Moira, yeah ... I've damaged a lot of Pharahs. I've gotten the final blow on a lot of Pharahs. But I don't think I've ever actually 100% > 0%'d a Pharah. I did try once ... didn't end well for me. Turns out rockets hurt. :P

I have, however, 100% > 0%'d a Widow up on a ledge. It was pretty funny - she didn't move. Just kept trying to shoot me as I jumped around. Pretty easy kill, tbh. And, yep, she whined in match chat about how OP'd Moira was after I killed her. Moira's OP'd guys. She can kill a completely stationary target in four seconds.

Those training bots don't stand a chance.

There are more counters than the absolute widow-headshot-delete-instantly-counter.
If you make the life difficult for another hero, to a degree where they can not fulfill their role, then you are a counter, even if you don't delete them from the game.

A good example is Torbjørn against Tracer. Torb doesn't delete Tracer, but makes her life hard. The same with Junkrat and Tracer.
02/20/2018 01:14 AMPosted by GrumpyDaddy
02/20/2018 01:01 AMPosted by Cheddar

I have been close to diamond on this account (my main I topped at 3113) and usually I hover around 2700-2800. Matchmaking is completely !@#$ed up here at the end of the season and I have been on a huge loss streak this weekend.
I left my last two games at the beginning (noone got hurt but me) to get down fast to reset and start over.

F'ed up in what way? You get paired up with people way above your rank?
02/19/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Macedolago
Moira deals 50 DPS, and from what I know heals around 30-33 when doing damage. If you can't outdamage that, maybe the problem isn't Moira.

i love it when people who can't aim defend 20 meters of auto aim
02/20/2018 01:23 AMPosted by onetrick
02/19/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Macedolago
Moira deals 50 DPS, and from what I know heals around 30-33 when doing damage. If you can't outdamage that, maybe the problem isn't Moira.

I love it when people get caught out of position and die and blame everything except themselves.
02/20/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Cheddar
02/20/2018 01:23 AMPosted by onetrick

I love it when people get caught out of position and die and blame everything except themselves.

You are not constructive. Stop flaming and wasting our time.