Random Zenyatta Idea - Orb of Empowerment

General Discussion
Effects and Information:
    Effect: +30% damage boost to the recipient of the orb (same as Mercy's damage boost); stacks with Mercy's damage boost and Orisa's Supercharger
    Usage Restrictions: Cannot be used in conjunction with a healing orb for balancing purposes; Zenyatta can only have one team support orb out at a time so he has to choose between either healing or boosting, similar to Mercy
    Ult Charge Gain: 25 points per 33 damage done (reverse of his Orb of Harmony, which gives you 33 points per 25 health healed); this is done in an attempt to encourage healing first and foremost
    Projectile Speed: 120 meters per second
    Maximum Range: 40 meters
    Duration: 3 seconds (if out of sight); If Zenyatta loses sight of the player being boosted, Orb of Empowerment will be returned to Zenyatta after 3 seconds.

Thoughts? Criticisms? Changes? Am I an idiot? Let me know below!
Why?

Why!?

Zen is fine as is.
Dont buff or nerf him.
02/19/2018 03:00 PMPosted by go123452
Why?

Why!?

Zen is fine as is.
Dont buff or nerf him.

This
Why?

Why!?

Zen is fine as is.
Dont buff or nerf him.

It’s just a random thought. Let the person type away. We know Zen is in a good spot, don’t make him feel bad about having ideas.
Why?

Why!?

Zen is fine as is.
Dont buff or nerf him.

Just a random idea I had while playing Zen all day.
This would be something to consider if Blizzard ever decided to put interchangeable abilities into Overwatch (Remember back when everyone thought that Soldier's helix rockets were going to be swapped out for a flamethrower on his Grillmaster skin).

Hopefully they DON'T do this though. This game would become a cluster---- very quickly.
Zenyatta's Discord Orb is better than Mercy's Damage Boost, and therefore would be better than this just by virtue of it being a debuff rather than an allied buff.

Zen's Discord Orb cuts into damage reductions for the enemy, like Roadhog and Bastion, whereas with Damage Boost's boosted damage is calculated afterwards. For instance, Soldier does 20 damage per bullet. On Discorded Roadhog, he does 26 damage per bullet. Damage Boosted Solider also does 26 damage per bullet.

However, while using Take a Breather, Discorded Roadhog takes 16 damage per bullet from a Soldier bullet. A Damage Boosted Soldier, however, only does 13 damage per bullet to Roadhog during TaB.

This is because Discord Orb decreases the 50% damage reduction that Take a Breather allots to 20%, while Damage Boost is calculated with the full damage reduction intact.

Against targets without a damage reduction (or armor? I think armor makes a difference too but Math), it really doesn't matter either way, but this would make Zenyatta overall weaker against Roadhog, Bastion, Orisa, and any nano-boosted targets.
Discord is super-strong. You don't always have that one hyper-carry ally to damage boost, but everybody definitely wants to be shooting at the enemy Mercy or Soldier. Boosting all incoming damage to a single target is the reason why Zen is picked.
Discord orb for your teamates you mean?
02/19/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Stark
Why?

Why!?

Zen is fine as is.
Dont buff or nerf him.

Just a random idea I had while playing Zen all day.

He doesnt need to enable more damage. Dive is bad enough as is. Harmony orb is weak enough that you will almost always prefer damage boost in battle.

And swapping discord for that would nerf him into oblivion.
02/19/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Snurtlicious
Zenyatta's Discord Orb is better than Mercy's Damage Boost, and therefore would be better than this just by virtue of it being a debuff rather than an allied buff.

Zen's Discord Orb cuts into damage reductions for the enemy, like Roadhog and Bastion, whereas with Damage Boost's boosted damage is calculated afterwards. For instance, Soldier does 20 damage per bullet. On Discorded Roadhog, he does 26 damage per bullet. Damage Boosted Solider also does 26 damage per bullet.

However, while using Take a Breather, Discorded Roadhog takes 16 damage per bullet from a Soldier bullet. A Damage Boosted Soldier, however, only does 13 damage per bullet to Roadhog during TaB.

This is because Discord Orb decreases the 50% damage reduction that Take a Breather allots to 20%, while Damage Boost is calculated with the full damage reduction intact.

Against targets without a damage reduction (or armor? I think armor makes a difference too but Math), it really doesn't matter either way, but this would make Zenyatta overall weaker against Roadhog, Bastion, Orisa, and any nano-boosted targets.

Thanks for the maths. I didn't really put that much thought into it, just was a random idea.
02/19/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Stark
Effects and Information:
    Effect: +30% damage boost to the recipient of the orb (same as Mercy's damage boost); stacks with Mercy's damage boost and Orisa's Supercharger
    Usage Restrictions: Cannot be used in conjunction with a healing orb for balancing purposes; Zenyatta can only have one team support orb out at a time so he has to choose between either healing or boosting, similar to Mercy
    Ult Charge Gain: 25 points per 33 damage done (reverse of his Orb of Harmony, which gives you 33 points per 25 health healed); this is done in an attempt to encourage healing first and foremost
    Projectile Speed: 120 meters per second
    Maximum Range: 40 meters
    Duration: 3 seconds (if out of sight); If Zenyatta loses sight of the player being boosted, Orb of Empowerment will be returned to Zenyatta after 3 seconds.

Thoughts? Criticisms? Changes? Am I an idiot? Let me know below!

If they where to do this could they also do a reverse effect for the opposite team that reduces the damage they do???