roadhog hook 1 shot nerf was unnecessary

General Discussion
... Really?
I only started playing Road post-nerf but I read it was more about the hook's hitbox and physics rather than the one-shot issue. People were hooked around entire walls and from places they shouldn't have been. Road's one-shot now punishes people out of position, but it's something you can avoid or bait.

When the hook was physics-breaking, it was less fair.

Could be wrong, feel free to correct.
Yeah, it's pointless, he can still 1 shot you in 3 shots.

It's not even like 1 shots were unique to him either. Sombra can one shot a lot of heroes with a full clip, and moira can 1 shot roadhog after 12 seconds of constant firing, if he doesn't heal. /s

Edit: Do y'all not know "/s" means "this was sarcastic"?
02/19/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Traaaaaaacer

It's not even like 1 shots were unique to him either. Sombra can one shot a lot of heroes with a full clip, and moira can 1 shot roadhog after 12 seconds of constant firing, if he doesn't heal. /s

Try telling me that when I would be one shot as Reaper (who was designed to counter him) where as now he can't 1 shot me.

Infact, Reaper vs Hog now depends on the skill of the individual on both sides where as before Hog simply dominated him.
Hook + left click + melee is needed most of the time, and this requires you to not have to adjust to all of the other factors going on around you, along with your aim and the other person's reactions to fall into place. So, yes, he can combo you down quickly if you originally mess up your placement once realizing the enemy team has a roadhog. Learn to avoid him and quickly tell your team where he is and he will drop down in effectiveness. Granted, you and your team require situational awareness, communication, and adjustment abilities to do so. Which do you lack?
Its so dumb, its hard to even one-shot a tracer. A TRACER. All because she can just barely escape by recalling.
02/19/2018 03:22 PMPosted by JimmyCarter

Try telling me that when I would be one shot as Reaper (who was designed to counter him) where as now he can't 1 shot me.

Infact, Reaper vs Hog now depends on the skill of the individual on both sides where as before Hog simply dominated him.
Roadhog still easily deletes Reaper.
At least before the healing buff, healing in the wrong spot meant Reaper could do work, but that's gone.
He can still 1 hit combo, if you hook your target and take a extra .3 seconds to line up your scrap gun to the targets head and melee it 1ko
02/19/2018 03:29 PMPosted by SlayerAdam
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Roadhog still easily deletes Reaper.
At least before the healing buff, healing in the wrong spot meant Reaper could do work, but that's gone.

Wrong, when Hog heals that's your queue to reload as Reaper.

Hog DOES NOT delete Reaper. It depends on how closed the gap is between them, any Hog with half a brain knows he has 3 seconds tops to live if a Reaper is in hugging distance.

With that said, Hog is still very capable of dealing with a Reaper if he knows what he is doing, but in some scenarios (especially having hook on CD) the Reaper has the advantage.
02/19/2018 03:36 PMPosted by JimmyCarter
Hog DOES NOT delete Reaper.
He can totally one shot Reaper...
02/19/2018 03:51 PMPosted by SlayerAdam
It's iffy and requires wraith to be on CD, as well as a lot of luck.

Oh, still crying about Hog? You never change, eh?
02/19/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Dalas120
...He can totally one shot Reaper...
It's iffy and requires wraith to be on CD, as well as a lot of luck.
Landing one hook isn't exactly hard.
And it's technically possible without it, but that's actually unlikely.
Little bit late with this aren't you?

You understand it’s no longer called a one-shot if it takes three shots right?
02/19/2018 03:56 PMPosted by SlayerAdam
02/19/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Dalas120
...It's iffy and requires wraith to be on CD, as well as a lot of luck.
Landing one hook isn't exactly hard.
And it's technically possible without it, but that's actually unlikely.
Landing the hook is easy, it's the 1-shot after that's hard. Hog needs to jump while moving forward after the hook ends but before Reaper can move, and aim down into his head. And that only works on flat ground, if hog doesn't don't get knocked back by gunfire, and only if Reaper can't wraith out of it.

I mean, Hog still kills with the follow-up shot easy if he lands the hook on Reaper, but a 1-shot is very unusual.
Hog is fine.
02/19/2018 03:59 PMPosted by LX2

You understand it’s no longer called a one-shot if it takes three shots right?

Was being sarcastic. Ended it with /s and everything.
02/19/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Qendel
Hog is fine.

Preach.