roadhog hook 1 shot nerf was unnecessary

General Discussion
02/19/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Juanitoo
He can still 1 hit combo, if you hook your target and take a extra .3 seconds to line up your scrap gun to the targets head and melee it 1ko

Happy to admit I'm not good enough with Hog, but often I find I have to move to melee them and in that time period the enemy can respond in the time it takes for me to get the melee. ie:
  • Recall
  • Deflect
  • Dash
  • Boop
  • Flashbang
  • Right-click Rocket
  • Charge
  • Pharah launch
  • Zen ult
  • Headshot me as Reaper then win the fight
  • Bubble
  • Fortify
  • Hook me back

etc etc etc..

Am I missing something?
OP already deleted their post? Poo.. I missed what they said.
You're right. How dare those 200 health heroes not want to die to a one shot from a tank. Shame on them.
On a side note, it takes a few seconds from Zarya to kill a 200 health hero, Rein takes at lest two hits, Orisa takes a fourth of a clip, D.Va has to get in their face and takes a few seconds from her clip. But we're all angry that the single tank per-nerf could one shot a 200 health hero. When all of the other tanks couldn't.
The damage nerf was needed. He could one shot Zarya.
https://clips.twitch.tv/PiliableStupidBottleGingerPower
His hook "combo" was never a one-shot, it was a combo, which means you had to hit 2-3 moves (hook, shot, melee). People may be thinking of his brief buff period where he actually could one-shot kill people with his alt fire.

Honestly, I like the new breather better than the one-shot kill, BUT, I think his inability to reliably hook/shoot enemies is utter garbage, and that's why he's still such a low tier hero.

Hanzo can one-shot, and he's defense. Roadhog can shoot Hanzo or Symmetra in the FACE and they might be left with enough health to dance around and kill him.

Roadhog no longer punishes people out of position because he requires at least one team member with him at all times to do it. BUT, with an orb or a Mercy behind him, he's much more powerful as long as he isn't stupid (tries to back up BEHIND the Mercy while she has her beam on him)
I’ll tell you one thing. As a Reaper main, nothing makes me happier than having an opposing Roadhog. Bait hook and he feeds my ult nicely as I melt him.
its just kinda odd that some people can still be one shot and some people cant depending on how wide their hitbox is
02/19/2018 06:02 PMPosted by CodeBlue
its just kinda odd that some people can still be one shot and some people cant depending on how wide their hitbox is

I think the one shots are also headshots.
02/19/2018 06:02 PMPosted by CodeBlue

Well, it is all in the spread of the weapon which is all random. Melee + Hook = 55 damage. A full shot does only 150 damage. This means that Roadhog has 205 damage at best and has to balance missed shows with some amount of headshots.

Even if Roadhog cannot always pull it off on his own if he stays with his team the stun he applies to targets to make them still and making them still upon being close to him should generally be enough to KO most anyone <200 hp. All the hook really does now with the damage change is shift him away from being a beefy flanker. As he'd like to be near his team to take advantage of an enemy being near roadhog and his team.
you can still 1 shot combo them tho? i do it all the time. u can even 1 shot reaper.
02/19/2018 06:08 PMPosted by GollyWiz
you can still 1 shot combo them tho? i do it all the time. u can even 1 shot reaper.

Where is this? You have 17 mins played on Roadhog in comp.

All that time?!!
02/19/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Traaaaaaacer
Sombra can one shot a lot of heroes with a full clip

You know what one-shot means, right?
Hog 1-Shot Tactics

Tactic 1)
LSHIFT
Aim for head
Move closer
LMB

Tactic 2)
RMB
LSHIFT
LMB

Effective with good aim.
02/19/2018 03:16 PMPosted by JimmyCarter
... Really?

It was unnecessary in terms of balance. He was an underpowered hero and they nerfed him.

But the rework was very successful in terms of fun and balance. I don't think any roadhog player wants to go back to 4 bullets, stand still and get melted while pressing E and feeding the nano-visors that wipe your team.