My Journey through the Forums

General Discussion
So since this place will be gone soon, I feel like sharing my journey with you guys, feel free to share yours as well.

I have browsed the forums since the beginning, but I only recently joined them not even 4 months ago on October 26, 2017. I came with the goal to spread positivity and be helpful, while also expressing my own opinions and ideas. My first post was about Symmetra's dragon skin for halloween and what blizz should have done instead for it. Since then I have been a lot more involved. I have seen countless hero concepts and created 4 of my own. I have advocated for fan made content to be allowed into the game (and I don't plan to stop). I have expressed some of my opinions even though many of you disagree with some of them (I will not be deterred). I have tried to be a positive person and a helpful person and I will say, I think I succeeded to an extent. I have made some jokes on here and made several friends (or rather people I consider to be friends even if the feeling is not mutual) such as: JellyandJam, Sunsethippo, Mercy, RichC, Bremijassey, Nergurl720, Reinstein, Fragehardt (I think I spelled it right), Noodlebleps, Pyropanda, (dare I say) Krusher99, Gaycowboy, and (dare I say) the two Reapers. I've even come to respect a lot of you with your opinions and trials to be better. These past 4 months have been a blast for me and for those of you who have been here longer, I'm sure you enjoyed it too. I'll see you all on the other side.
Cya, I see you on every post I look at anyways lol
02/19/2018 06:20 PMPosted by RED

Yeah I know. i'm very random and spontaneous aren't I ;)
See you on the new forums tomorrow!
Woo!
Your posts are always a welcome sight in threads SunDragon! See you on the other side my friend!
Wait, what is happening to the forums?
I really hate to be that one guy but I'm pretty sure its spelled Fragehardt. The way you spelled it make me think "Fridgehardt". New Rein skin?
I've spent more time forum crawling than I have playing the game. Hopefully Forums 2.0 will still be a fun place to chill.
Aww Sun. I’m a little sad all the threads you’ve made will be gone, I know you have put a bunch of time into them. I can’t wait to see what you’re gonna do on the new ones though. Thanks for being a spark in the darkness. I’ll see you on the other side as well my friend! ❤️
02/19/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Aerthendt
I really hate to be that one guy but I'm pretty sure its spelled Fragehardt. The way you spelled it make me think "Fridgehardt". New Rein skin?

Thank you. I was not sure if I spelled his name correctly, I'll change it.

02/19/2018 06:25 PMPosted by RichC
Your posts are always a welcome sight in threads SunDragon! See you on the other side my friend!

And you are a welcome sight in threads as well. Enjoy your crusade to the new forums.

02/19/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Catwoman
Wait, what is happening to the forums?

We are getting wiped and moved to a new forum tomorrow. Different organization and we will know when we are quoted.
02/19/2018 06:28 PMPosted by SunDragon
We are getting wiped and moved to a new forum tomorrow. Different organization and we will know when we are quoted.

Ugh weird... Well here's hoping things turn out well.
My forums journey began at the time of Roadhog's damage nerf.

It was a "Rip Roadhog" thread, and i still have the consultation bacon preserved today.

Since then, I've just sort of did my own thing. I guess you could say i was your standard satirical thread poster. I wasn't too serious a lot of the time and just made jokes about the game and some of the people who played it, even if some of them were in bad taste.

At least until some point where i just decided to try and become a bit more serious when it came to talking about Overwatch as a whole. At that point i began thinking myself as some sort of forum mediator, someone who's enthusiastic about listening to other people's problems and giving them insight. But you could say that... I wasn't that good at my job, or, maybe i just had a bad start.

Because most of that mediator work was done within the "Nerfcy" period. So most of the time anyone that wasn't a mercy player giving insight on their problems and me giving them recommendations on what to try next, it was some jerk that thinks mercy players are a waste of oxygen and food.

You could say i was a controversial mediator. But in the words of the character i look up to the most for kindness and positivity "I was only trying to help."

My forum ride may have been rough, but I'm still kicking, so I guess I'll keep doing what I've been doing. Just in a different place.
02/19/2018 06:27 PMPosted by AlCapwned
I've spent more time forum crawling than I have playing the game. Hopefully Forums 2.0 will still be a fun place to chill.

I'm sure I have as well.

02/19/2018 06:28 PMPosted by NerdGurl720
Aww Sun. I’m a little sad all the threads you’ve made will be gone, I know you have put a bunch of time into them. I can’t wait to see what you’re gonna do on the new ones though. Thanks for being a spark in the darkness. I’ll see you on the other side as well my friend! ❤️

I'm sad that the cafe, pub, and bar are going to be gone. At least you will be moving them over. I can't wait to see what you are going to do as well, and thank you for serving all those drinks and tolerating my horrible singing ;)
02/19/2018 06:31 PMPosted by MeiDei
My forums journey began at the time of Roadhog's damage nerf.

It was a "Rip Roadhog" thread, and i still have the consultation bacon preserved today.

Since then, I've just sort of did my own thing. I guess you could say i was your standard satirical thread poster. I wasn't too serious a lot of the time and just made jokes about the game and some of the people who played it, even if some of them were in bad taste.

At least until some point where i just decided to try and become a bit more serious when it came to talking about Overwatch as a whole. At that point i began thinking myself as some sort of forum mediator, someone who's enthusiastic about listening to other people's problems and giving them insight. But you could say that... I wasn't that good at my job, or, maybe i just had a bad start.

Because most of that mediator work was done within the "Nerfcy" period. So most of the time anyone that wasn't a mercy player giving insight on their problems and me giving them recommendations on what to try next, it was some jerk that thinks mercy players are a waste of oxygen and food.

You could say i was a controversial mediator. But in the words of the character i look up to the most for kindness and positivity "I was only trying to help."

My forum ride may have been rough, but I'm still kicking, so I guess I'll keep doing what I've been doing. Just in a different place.

Very good story. You have a complex journey, let's hope your ride in the new forums will be much smoother. I'll see you there friend.
02/19/2018 06:23 PMPosted by SunDragon
02/19/2018 06:20 PMPosted by RED

Yeah I know. i'm very random and spontaneous aren't I ;)

;)
Things are never gone, only forgotten
02/19/2018 07:11 PMPosted by SunsetHippo

Yep. Remember: "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die" -Sandlot
The feeling is mutual SunDragon.

Friends stick together;)
02/19/2018 07:26 PMPosted by SunDragon
02/19/2018 07:11 PMPosted by SunsetHippo

Yep. Remember: "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die" -Sandlot

I loved that movie
I’ve been here since the SombrARG and it has been a RIDE seeing what I’ve seen here. Either way, looking forward to seeing you all on the other side