Competitive is dying (XBL OCE region)

General Discussion
Hopefully this thread gets some attention on a matter that Australian/ New Zealand servers on Xbox one (please don't spit roast me :() has had one huge problem, the lack of people who are above masters (not including smurfs). I queued all the way up to 4318sr and I have been forced to decay down to 3958sr and still cannot find games. Other gms and high masters have been complaining about not being able to find games unless we have to beg the others to play just to find a game. Can something please be done about this issue, it's been causing good players to leave and go to other games. Eg Can we have an option like paladins to choose which server we play on, Eu Na or OCE, it will definitely help us for queue times.
You see you first problem was mentioned in your first sentence - Xbox- and then problem solved
02/20/2018 12:00 AMPosted by GravityNick2
Hopefully this thread gets some attention on a matter that Australian/ New Zealand servers on Xbox one (please don't spit roast me :() has had one huge problem, the lack of people who are above masters (not including smurfs). I queued all the way up to 4318sr and I have been forced to decay down to 3958sr and still cannot find games. Other gms and high masters have been complaining about not being able to find games unless we have to beg the others to play just to find a game. Can something please be done about this issue, it's been causing good players to leave and go to other games. Eg Can we have an option like paladins to choose which server we play on, Eu Na or OCE, it will definitely help us for queue times.

Is ping an issue on console? Dumb question, but I'm in Aus/NZ on PC - we have the option to swap servers (NA works the best) and going to eu or asia/china instantly gives 200+ ping average. Dunno if it'd be the same on console, never played there.
I'm actually not sure why they don't have servers on console. If paladins can do it it can't be too hard.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Is ping an issue on console? Dumb question, but I'm in Aus/NZ on PC - we have the option to swap servers (NA works the best) and going to eu or asia/china instantly gives 200+ ping average. Dunno if it'd be the same on console, never played there.

ping isn't an issue on console, I have queued with Americans and when I'm on NA servers it's usually around 200ping. But I haven't played with them in like 2 seasons
02/20/2018 12:03 AMPosted by WindowMaker
You see you first problem was mentioned in your first sentence - Xbox- and then problem solved
you thick as a rock homie
Xbox trash I’m sorry but pc is so much better all Xbox is is Ximmers and smurfs
02/20/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Water

This post wasn't made to inflate PC players egos, it is an attempt to get blizzard to recognize the problem what Australian/New Zealand servers suffer from
Please do not comment unless you have recommendations to improve comp for xbox
Can't kill what already had no life.
Ways to improve Xbox turn off and goto pc
has this been happaning in the last few days ? or over the whole season ?

if its been in like the last week i would think its becuse the season almost over and everyones just going to wait it out and not worry about SR till the season over. thy hit there rank and are happy with it.

iv noticed that times on PC NA are riseing also for comp matches be it in the middle of the night or middle of the day. there ranging from 1 min to 4 mins. and normaly i was geting matches in under a min or so.

so it just could be the ebe and flow of things and the seasons cooling down and people are not playing comp as much. same with QP for some reason too >.>

on a side note. i have to ask why anyone would buy this game on anything but PC and play it on anything but PC, i cant see my self playing with a controller and paying to access the internet each mouth on a net connection i allready pay for. just to play multiplayer on a game i allready payed for >.> i stoped buying consoles when thy started makeing you pay to connect to your own net.
02/20/2018 02:01 AMPosted by Sinn
has this been happaning in the last few days ? or over the whole season ?

if its been in like the last week i would think its becuse the season almost over and everyones just going to wait it out and not worry about SR till the season over. thy hit there rank and are happy with it.

iv noticed that times on PC NA are riseing also for comp matches be it in the middle of the night or middle of the day. there ranging from 1 min to 4 mins. and normaly i was geting matches in under a min or so.

so it just could be the ebe and flow of things and the seasons cooling down and people are not playing comp as much. same with QP for some reason too >.>

on a side note. i have to ask why anyone would buy this game on anything but PC and play it on anything but PC, i cant see my self playing with a controller and paying to access the internet each mouth on a net connection i allready pay for. just to play multiplayer on a game i allready payed for >.> i stoped buying consoles when thy started makeing you pay to connect to your own net.

It has been a problem for multiple seasons
02/20/2018 02:13 AMPosted by GravityNick2
02/20/2018 02:01 AMPosted by Sinn

dont know what to say then other then switch platforms or change servers. high ping or not.

was it bad mid season start of season or end of season. for all the seasonins. if its worse at te end of the season then its back to what i said before. its probaly the wined down before the season ends. and people are just not doing comp for fear of loseing there placements befor season ends. if its thoughout the whole season it could be a platform of choise issue such as Xbox not haveing a large plater base on taht perticuler server for comp or PS Ect Ect or the people that are normaly on that server abandonded the console and moved to PC. or thy moved to another server. ECt Ect Ect.

list of reasons goes on and on. best bet hope it picks up next season and play again.
02/20/2018 02:26 AMPosted by Sinn
02/20/2018 02:13 AMPosted by GravityNick2

dont know what to say then other then switch platforms or change servers. high ping or not.

was it bad mid season start of season or end of season. for all the seasonins. if its worse at te end of the season then its back to what i said before. its probaly the wined down before the season ends. and people are just not doing comp for fear of loseing there placements befor season ends. if its thoughout the whole season it could be a platform of choise issue such as Xbox not haveing a large plater base on taht perticuler server for comp or PS Ect Ect or the people that are normaly on that server abandonded the console and moved to PC. or thy moved to another server. ECt Ect Ect.

list of reasons goes on and on. best bet hope it picks up next season and play again.

Hopefully it does get better, and this problem has been developing over multiple seasons, alot of people left due to toxicity and people using keyboard and mouse. And the problem is that there isn't enough people in OCE region for console to create a balanced match so it never puts you in a match. This is not a problem for Europe or American servers.
And I am unsure whether it's the same on PC, but our Asian leader boards only have 43 people on it, I can't imagine how bad it is for them
02/20/2018 12:03 AMPosted by oceanman
02/20/2018 12:00 AMPosted by GravityNick2

Yes, very much an issue.
02/20/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Water

PC has smurfs too, your not the only platform without them.
02/20/2018 01:49 AMPosted by Water
Ways to improve Xbox turn off and goto pc

Does it really matter? Enjoy what you play, he'll enjoy what he plays. Not a lot of people have money for a pc to play overwatch at a good frame rate and quality. I had to run at 50% render scale during the free weekend and I still got 20 fps, don't just say OH PC MASTER RACE YEAH think about the people who cant afford pcs.
casualty of company who makes dlc, timed events, league play more a focal point