[Facts]Moira is op vs Moira is not op

General Discussion
So since people who says that Moira's balanced think they have the truth I have some facts for you.

80 hps in aoe is clearly over the top it can reach 400 hps (LOOKS PERFECTLY BALANCED DUDE)
It can go as high as 150 hps if you orb too (remember that Ana have ~100 hps but she needs perfect accuracy and to aim on ONE HERO)
And remember Ana's ammo is at the same level of disadvantage as Moira's meter is.

Why is she allowed to heal more than Ana/Mercy but have twice Ana's dmg dealed and realy not that far from Zenyatta ?
And you can also notice that she heals the same as Mercy but with 68times her Dps.

Moïra : - Heal : 10000- Dmg : 7133
As comparison
Zen : - Heal : 6746 - Dmg : 8712
Ana : - Heal : 7842 - Dmg : 3588
Lucio : - Heal : 8602 - Dmg : 5775
Mercy : - Heal : 11777 - Dmg: 422

She can just Flank Zenyatta,Ana and any static hero with ease it includes McCree who is designed to counter flankers.

And her escape is just the best behind Tracer's even Mercy and Genji have less good escapes and they have really good escapes.
She has 3.2 d/k ratio when Zen have 2.0 avg d/k ratio and Zen have 1 more avg deaths than her . (She has the same avg deaths as Mercy who is already really hard to kill as well so that seems more or less balanced)

Her ult is fine except the blinding effect of the kamehameha

No I ask you to justify why she is not op with facts not just feelings but facts.
Give stats pls.
The way her kit is built is so that she can´t have unlimited healing. She has a meter which makes her balanced and can be recharged through taking HP off of enemies. So in the end it balances out
02/20/2018 04:34 AMPosted by Karbon
The way her kit is built is so that she can´t have unlimited healing. She has a meter which makes her balanced and can be recharged through taking HP off of enemies. So in the end it balances out

You doesn't even read it's less of a downside as Ana's ammo you know
Mercy has Rez and damage boost. Ana has bionade and sleep dart. Lucio has speed boost and boop. Zen has discord. Moira has zero utility abilities. Obviously she needs to have a significantly higher total healing plus damage in order not to be outclassed by the other supports.
yeah to be 100% factual, you'd have to list healing per minute, considering moiras healing runs out and is not consistent, and takes a lot more practice to be a dependable healer with
02/20/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Bergmaniac
Mercy has Rez and damage boost. Ana has bionade and sleep dart. Lucio has speed boost and boop. Zen has discord. Moira has zero utility abilities. Obviously she needs to have a significantly higher total healing plus damage in order not to be outclassed by the other supports.

^^this. On top of limited heals.
02/20/2018 04:28 AMPosted by PsychoPuff
Moïra : - Heal : 10000- Dmg : 7133
As comparison
Zen : - Heal : 6746 - Dmg : 8712
Ana : - Heal : 7842 - Dmg : 3588
Lucio : - Heal : 8602 - Dmg : 5775
Mercy : - Heal : 11777 - Dmg: 422

Where are the Rez, damage boosted, heal boosted, heal denied, speed boosted, enemies slept stats? Because Moira has 0 in all of this, as she only brings heals and damage. But if we're here to make incomplete comparisons, bastion has 19k damage/game, while Soldier is at 13k, so pls nerf Bastion.

not to mention she is the only healer that barely has range in healing

ana has a long range sniper, mercy and lucio have high mobility, zen can send his orbs pretty far

while moira has to either run up and spray people or use that healing orb that can bounce anywhere and pretty much is useless if ur trying to heal a pharah or something

so yeah she trully is balanced when u look deeper into her structure,

Stop pretending she has no utility.

Her utility is being able to survive.

An alive Moira does alot more in a fight than a dead Ana.
02/20/2018 04:42 AMPosted by Luca

This is a very good point, but i hope youre not implying that her being able to survive is somehow overpowered

Mercy and Lucio already have that utility in-built, and Mercy's rate of deaths/game is slightly lower than Moira's according to master overwatch. That's hardly exclusive, and she doesn't seem to be the best at it.
Yeah Moira needs some tuning in the numbers, her healing is out of this world. Atm she is the most picked healer in all ranks and kicks everyone but Zen out of the meta.
02/20/2018 04:46 AMPosted by EvilSJW
<span class="truncated">...</span>

This is a very good point, but i hope youre not implying that her being able to survive is somehow overpowered

I'm not, I'm just saying that people need to stop pretending that she has less utility / brings less to a fight than other supports.
Your post is far from being factual.

In fact, what you say is : every single person who died last year drunk water.

Drinking water kills.

You need to take every aspect of every kit into account and look the datas if you want to prove your point.

But even there, there are some results that will be difficult to measure..
02/20/2018 04:46 AMPosted by EvilSJW

I'm not, I'm just saying that people need to stop pretending that she has less utility than other supports.

Oh yeah no, im on the side that believes she is perfect exactly where she is
02/20/2018 04:38 AMPosted by EvilSJW
yeah to be 100% factual, you'd have to list healing per minute, considering moiras healing runs out and is not consistent, and takes a lot more practice to be a dependable healer with

No, we don’t. And here’s why.

When we measure DPS, we measure maximum DPS yes? And we all know this because the Moira mains keep telling us that she does 50DPS.

What we don’t do is factor in potential DPS (for aim intensive heroes) vs Guaranteed DPS (for Moira and her lock on beam.

We measure DPS, and we measure HPS. That’s the end of it.

And it's not like Ana and Mercy's utility are just weak when we compare it to Moira's heals.
Infact Mercy have less utility than Moira .
And you forget that she can dps with ease , she can defend herself easily against flankers (you know that thing that Ana desperately needs) and this is utility because it replace Roadhog or Cree utility
02/20/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Edsoulman
02/20/2018 04:38 AMPosted by EvilSJW

No, we don’t. And here’s why.

When we measure DPS, we measure maximum DPS yes? And we all know this because the Moira mains keep telling us that she does 50DPS.

What we don’t do is factor in potential DPS (for aim intensive heroes) vs Guaranteed DPS (for Moira and her lock on beam.

We measure DPS, and we measure HPS. That’s the end of it.

not to be rude, but i dont think the job of a support player is as simple as of a dps player, thus measuring it so simply really doesnt show much data and is being ignorant
Middle of the line winrate across the board for supports.

Middle of the line pickrate for supports.

Also i love how you compare her to one of the most UP characters of the game. If i compared Tracer to Symmetra, Tracer will look stupidly powerful.
Okay, I will start of by saying I 100% agree with you and that's some solid evidence.

BUT there's something you're forgetting:
- You're not presenting the knowledge to people who grew up past misusing your mom via internet chat.
- You're also not presenting the facts to developers who care even a little bit because they just do what they want completely disregarding anyone's feedback for 1.5 years.

The people will downvote you simply because a) She's OP b) It's fun to play an OP character and get 4-5 golds every match and pretend that it's not true. It's like playing a superhero game and the other players are punching bags. I mean...how is that no fun? How is that not.....SPECTACULAR?

Which brings me to my next point: Is it fun to look at in the OWL? Yes. Does anything else matter to the devs? No.

Just forget about it and stop taking the game and anyone who plays it seriously, let alone the devs. They are conducting a business, not maintaining the game. If that's not self-evident to you, then I don't know.

Either play the game for the lols or don't play it. That's my advise to you. If you're seeking common sense with anything that involves overwatch... you're at the wrong place.

My addition the the devs not caring:
Hots has a number of characters as overwatch with about 7 skills and 2 ultimates in 2-4 varitions of the skills und ultimates. Which are all balanced and addressed in patches every week. OW devs can't balance 3 skills of a characters with no variation to them. It doesn't matter what argument you bring up - HotS team is working their butts of, OW dev team conducts skins loot boxes and money.

Why did I bring this up? Simple: threads about balance are 100% useless. Like I said: Play it for the lols. The game is dead and it's a business model by now.