Even Stylosa is Done with Your Inaction Blizz

General Discussion
02/20/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Blam320
The game is only two years old. Role select won't work, because it means forcing a very specific meta in a game where you should be able to swap freely between different heroes to adapt to the enemy composition. Guilds they said they would eventually work on a while back, though it's probably much further in the pipeline, past future maps and heroes.

Forcing a Meta by making certain Heroes OP in a cycle? How would the Meta NOT be able to naturally evolve in a role select?

Besides, having a Role Select on ladder doesn't mean the ONLY way to play is Role Select.
Role select won't work, because it means forcing a very specific meta in a game where you should be able to swap freely between different heroes to adapt to the enemy composition.

But... but this statement contradicts the support of the devs to the onetricks!

Are... are you saying forcing a specific meta in agame is not good? Swapping is necesary?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
They need to fix a lot of bugs in this game

such as:

- Genji and hanzo's wall climb
- all of Doomfists abilities
- Tracers abilities
- Mccree's flashbang
- Winston's leap
- Lucio's wall ride

Etc...
02/20/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Rukus
Deathmatch? But no Role Select? No Leader Board? No Guild Support?

What's wrong with deathmatch? It's a ton of fun. And we all ready have a leader board.

Role select is a controversial and dicey thing, and guild/clan support would be nice I guess, but no one is stopping you from making one now. Blizzard doesn't have to hold your hand through everything you know.

How about this should have been launched on release. . .so you're a couple years late.

Should they have delayed the games launch a year so it would have had all the "proper features"? I'm sure glad they didn't.

Y'all really have forgotten just how much they've added and changed since release... I get complaining about them not tweaking balance enough, number changes don't take effort. But significant coding initiatives? They've been non-stop pushing features like these into the game since launch, they can't do everything at once.
Stylosa will say and make videos on anything that gives him views and what he anticipates his audience wants to hear.
Not to mention, the lack of Lore updates.

Since we’re not getting many content updates or Lore updates, I’m wondering f what they are up to.
How about this should have been launched on release. . .so you're a couple years late.

Should they have delayed the games launch a year so it would have had all the "proper features"? I'm sure glad they didn't.

Y'all really have forgotten just how much they've added and changed since release... I get complaining about them not tweaking balance enough, number changes don't take effort. But significant coding initiatives? They've been non-stop pushing features like these into the game since launch, they can't do everything at once.

I might be an old Fuddy-Duddy here. . .but back in my day, they released games ready to play.

It didn't used to be too much to expect a video game to be complete when it came out.

Blizz isn't some Indy developer having to go through six open betas and an early access phase.

So why does OW feel like the most thoroughly polished Early Access game in history?
02/20/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Kris
Stylosa will say and make videos on anything that gives him views and what he anticipates his audience wants to hear.

Truest statement in the thread.
02/20/2018 10:54 AMPosted by TurtleGod
if they would release content faster it would be a step in the right direction

thats why we need a community monthly cosmetic contest

If they'd make campaign play and keep it always available, that'd also give people a reliable variety of things to do when they're bored.

Why aren't games like Uprising, Junkensteins, Lucio Ball (etc) always available? At least always available in custom games... or maybe as purchasable expacs?
02/20/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Rukus
Muselk and a ton of other content creators basically only play Fortnite. . .

TimtheTatMan has had it with the Streamsniping (Which could at least be partially fixed by either a guild/clan system or role select). . .

I play the game because I have friends that play. . .and most of them have left.

Most of them love OWL too. . .but eventually the new shiny of OWL will wear off, and I seriously doubt Hero 27 and Uprising 2018 will be enough to bring the droves back.

Yes...streamers who make money off of views will play whatever game is popular at the moment which is Fortnite. These dudes never had their heart in Overwatch in the first place. It was just purely for the views until something else came along.

Honestly F*** all these posers. If they have any ounce of integrity and really enjoyed the game for what it is they wouldn't leave to chase views from another game. These clowns are purely in the business and that is ALL. Stop pretending like everything they say is gospel. You've all just been played.
The game is only two years old. Role select won't work, because it means forcing a very specific meta in a game where you should be able to swap freely between different heroes to adapt to the enemy composition. Guilds they said they would eventually work on a while back, though it's probably much further in the pipeline, past future maps and heroes.

Great but unfortunately when things like one tricks and mains of a specific role exist then flexibility means nothing. When every other match is nothing but 4 dps that refuse to switch then this game isn’t about counter picking anymore.
no Role Select? No Leader Board? No Guild Support?

Hear, hear!

And you're "Working on it."?

They've fulfilled a few promised requests, such as custom games and the like, but I never know what they mean when they say something like this. The cynical side of me thinks "they make stuff REALLY slowly" or "their team must be small," but then I remember that I'm not a developer and don't understand these things.

I'm genuinely curious what their process is. Heck, they might just be limiting this all as planned so that they can release these key features when the game shows a drop in interest.

That actually makes sense, unfortunately.

Welp, no guild system until OW starts to die I guess...and now my cynicism is leaking out too much. ~_~
stylosa is click baiting

he has been bleeding viewers for quite a while because people got tired of him
He is realizing that he is not getting the views.

I bet that it will milk Fortnite in a couple of weeks.
A permanent pve game mode would be much appreciated as well.
Always take what Youtubers say with a grain of salt.

It’s literally his job to feed off of what’s popular so he can get views, and thus get payed.

If hating Blizzard is a popular topic right now, then of course Mr. “Gotta release 2 OW videos a day” is going to roll with it. Especially since we’re in that hype plateau between new content announcements so there’s practically nothing else to talk about.
Who's stylosa
Stylosa only kisses up to them when they do what he wants. His videos over the past month or so usually have some sort of message always wanting them to put in a role select and acting like its the be all end all to problems. He uses the platform he has to try to push his ideas and get his fans to agree with him and push it as well.
02/20/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Ranger51
This is the first thread agreeing with Stylosa that I've upvoted in a long time.

Same here. Some videos ago I was complaining however because he put up a video with a click bait title that claimed PBSR was going completely. Then I felt he pretty much ignored how platinum and lower tiers were still going to suffer from the flaws it has. Rag Tagg was the only content creator I came across that actually still defended the lower ranks.

What frustrates me the most is how the team developing the game very rarely have a two way discussion with the community, like in the Mercy feedback megathread for example.

Then there's competitive season 8. Changes were made primarily for diamond and above and there's been no comment of a possibility that tiers below diamond might see some kind of future change or improvement too, even if it's as small as reducing the insanely large SR gap for groups from 1000 to 500 for example.

However, two way discussion between the community and the team developing the game is very poor!
02/20/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Rukus

Forcing a Meta by making certain Heroes OP in a cycle? How would the Meta NOT be able to naturally evolve in a role select?

Besides, having a Role Select on ladder doesn't mean the ONLY way to play is Role Select.

Because when you role select you're usually forced to play that role for the rest of the game, one way or another. If you're allowed to swap off the role you queued for mid-game, you might get someone who screams at you to get back on your role or else. Or you might get someone who swaps off just to be toxic. Or if you're locked in, you could get someone who needs to swap since they are being countered, but can only play character in the role they queued in, and can't flex off to a different role.

What I mean by "forced meta" is there will need to be some factor in the matchmaker to determine how many of each role to put on each team; nobody wants to be stuck with 4 crappy DPS "mains," but unless the matchmaker enforces something like 2-2-2 we might as well not have role queue.

There's a myriad of things that could go wrong.

Guilds solve the problems created by eliminating nearly all of the randomness involved, and I would love to see them implemented sooner. However, I think what needs to happen first is we need to achieve a better state of balance.