How about we make Rip Tire not immune to CC?

General Discussion
You can hook it, why not be able to push it away using other heroes' abilities, like Orisa's Halt? Or boop it away with Lucio. You get the idea.
It wouldn't make a difference if you boop it when it can climb and is considerably fast.
So much this. Being able to discord, flash or sleep the tire would make junk actually balanced.
Imagine the clutch sleep darts on it.
Why not just shoot it if you are going to do all that?
Sleep darting a Rip Tire would be awesome.
02/20/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Dysvalence
So much this. Being able to discord, flash or sleep the tire would make junk actually balanced.

The issue with this would be
1. its fast
2. only people who can actually get the tire with a sleep dart would benefit
3. Flashbang stopping a tire? Does a tire have eyes?
4. (Edited) also why discord the whole point of the tire is to be a suicide bomb that gets killed instantly but if landed correctly does massive damage being discorded would make it 1 shot maybe aim so u can hit it
5. You can't say junk isn't balanced if sym can shred roadhog and can literally go around walls and u dont even have to look at the target to hit the foe
Considering he has it every fight, i agree with this.

That would just be stupid. Would make no sense to be able to sleep, flash, or discord it. Hook and boots make sense as you’re moving it. Flash and sleep would be stopping it. Discord goes on an entity and the tire is not an entity.
02/20/2018 11:48 AMPosted by kleanupman
Why not just shoot it if you are going to do all that?

Because it has 100 HP, CC'ing it gives you more reaction time to kill it.
I got used to sleep-darting the tires in Junkenstein's Revenge (it works in that mode) and now every time I'm playing Ana and I hear a Rip-Tire I try to do that and immediately go "Oh, right... that doesn't work... boom".
02/20/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Whiskeyjack
Imagine the clutch sleep darts on it.

I'm picturing the tire being deflated when you sleep dart it.
02/20/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Djinn
You can hook it, why not be able to push it away using other heroes' abilities, like Orisa's Halt? Or boop it away with Lucio. You get the idea.
Ok, but make Junkrat invulnerable while Rip-Tire is active.
02/20/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Renegade

That would just be stupid. Would make no sense to be able to sleep, flash, or discord it. Hook and boots make sense as you’re moving it. Flash and sleep would be stopping it. Discord goes on an entity and the tire is not an entity.

Sleep works on omnics, discord works on tires in Junkenstein and is basically magic, and flash doesn't blind McCree and the rest of his team at like 6 feet. The game deliberately ignores physics if it suits canon or balance, and in this case a compelling argument can be made for balance.
02/20/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Neospartan
I got used to sleep-darting the tires in Junkenstein's Revenge (it works in that mode) and now every time I'm playing Ana and I hear a Rip-Tire I try to do that and immediately go "Oh, right... that doesn't work... boom".

Omg same kind of I got used to discording tires in that mode and instinctively try to discord rip tires now, it's bad. They should make it consistent between different game modes.