Dafran in OWL!

Competitive Discussion
I know this doesn’t really fall under competitive forums, but I don’t think it fits in general. Who cares.

Anyone else want to see this as much as I do?
He gets asked why is not in OWL once every 5 minutes during his streams.

His answer is always the same.

1. It's who you know.

2. People who are the ones to know don't like him.
Wasn't he the dude that started to blatantly throw games for the lolz?
Nobody likes a thrower. Especially a thrower who throws in pro games and builds an "isis of overwatch" army.

Total scum.
there was a video about him and florida mayhem. i didn't watch it so I don't know any specifics, but he may be getting signed? that may be what the OP is referring to.
02/13/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Pyrofool
Defran is a liability/. He's also got to many issues for a team. He's also a horrible human being.

Nah, just a person who was in a position he could not handle, and made poor decisions. He was/Is young. At least he Is not getting arrested or selling drugs.

I don't think he wants to be in owl, but there are a few who might pick him up. He is a pretty entertaining streamer, and regularly is in top 50/500.

Hopefully if he does decide to try to get in, mentally he is in the right place. Everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves. Throwing a bunch of comp games is not the end of the world. He wasn't cheating or being verbally abusive.
He literally did all this stuff IN THE PAST

There is not a !@#$ing reason why you need to think he's a horrible human being, when he is one of the best if not the best tracer/soldier in the world. Its a VIDEO GAME. HE THREW GAMES. WHO CARES. GO OUTSIDE
I won't even watch his stream. I was getting grouped with players intentionally throwing matches at GM+ after his little stunt. I hope he never plays in the OWL. OWL has no room for his level of unprofessional behavior and immaturity.
02/13/2018 11:03 PMPosted by ƓĜĔZ

There is not a !@#$ing reason why you need to think he's a horrible human being, when he is one of the best if not the best tracer/soldier in the world. Its a VIDEO GAME. HE THREW GAMES. WHO CARES. GO OUTSIDE

It stops being "just a videogame" when it starts becoming a career.
You really think people who, according to rumors pay 20 million $ for Overwatch teams, would gamble on hiring such irrational behaviour?

You really think they would hire someone who trolled professional matches would get a "promotion" to OWL?
It's ridiculous to say he's a horrible human being, he's changed a ton since he threw that game, which, by the way, wasn't "for the lulz".
that someone might have called his fans "isis of overwatch" does not actually make them or him as bad as isis. the things that matter are
1. he's one of the best players, even compared to pros, especially considering that he doesn't practice with a pro team and a pro schedule
2. his attitude is not the same as when he threw.
3. he really is a liability from prospective buyers, this can't be denied. But the comments in this thread are completely overblown and ridiculous. I think it's a chance worth taking though, he is absolutely top tier

And you literally can only judge someone on past behavior...seeing as to how you can't judge them for future behavior. Besides, it's not any "one" thing from his past. He has shown a pretty consistent history of immaturity and poor attitude. Not only that, but it takes a LOT of rights (and consistently showing you've changed for the better) in order to make up for even single mistakes.

Also, some of this "stuff" is pretty darn recent. Didn't he just coin xQc's behavior as "genius" and clarify that he wasn't being sarcastic? That's digging a hole deeper. To say something like that when OWL is very obviously making a statement with xQc is...well, it's a sign of a person that doesn't "get it".

Anywho, perception is all that matters. It doesn't matter if DeFran is a horrible person or a saint, if people perceive him as a cancer or not worth the risk, that's what he is.
I think you should take it easy about what he has done in the past. He got punished for it really hard, well deserved tho. However why would you say he is a horrible human being because of that? He made mistakes, if he is not gonna do that again, then its fine. Him being in the owl could be a good thing, because everyone knows dafran.
And if we gonna judge players by only their past, then well some people should be kicked out of the owl as well. Just look at the "saint" JAKE, who told people on stream to go and kill themselves for example.
Or muma who said xqc is homophobic because of his comment but then donates on stream with the message, if u s**k my d**k, then im gonna drop the charges.
Do take it easy with behaiviour in the past
02/14/2018 03:38 AMPosted by VogonPoet

And you literally can only judge someone on past behavior...seeing as to how you can't judge them for future behavior. Besides, it's not any "one" thing from his past. He has shown a pretty consistent history of immaturity and poor attitude. Not only that, but it takes a LOT of rights (and consistently showing you've changed for the better) in order to make up for even single mistakes.

Also, some of this "stuff" is pretty darn recent. Didn't he just coin xQc's behavior as "genius" and clarify that he wasn't being sarcastic? That's digging a hole deeper. To say something like that when OWL is very obviously making a statement with xQc is...well, it's a sign of a person that doesn't "get it".

Anywho, perception is all that matters. It doesn't matter if DeFran is a horrible person or a saint, if people perceive him as a cancer or not worth the risk, that's what he is.

Does this sound like XQC?

yep it does.
xQc did way way way worse things than Dafran, and received less punishment. Dafran through competitive games for a few day. xQc has verbally attacked people in games, had sexist opinions and arguments on stream, female bashed players on his own team, thrown games, and made anti homosexual remarks to a fellow player in owl.

Don't get me wrong. xQc is in a rough position and hopefully has time to recover and settle in to a new life situation. He is young, and deserves some slack. But Dafran also deserves this. He was in a similar situation. You guys need to back off. I did some awful things from 18-21. Most of us did.
02/13/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Pyrofool
Defran is a liability/. He's also got to many issues for a team. He's also a horrible human being.

He's a horrible human being for throwing games, alright dude.

Everyone makes mistakes. Move on.
02/14/2018 07:49 AMPosted by Zerosix
xQc did way way way worse things than Dafran, and received less punishment. Dafran through competitive games for a few day. xQc has verbally attacked people in games, had sexist opinions and arguments on stream, female bashed players on his own team, thrown games, and made anti homosexual remarks to a fellow player in owl.

Don't get me wrong. xQc is in a rough position and hopefully has time to recover and settle in to a new life situation. He is young, and deserves some slack. But Dafran also deserves this. He was in a similar situation. You guys need to back off. I did some awful things from 18-21. Most of us did.

xqc slipped his tongue.
darfran encouraged mass ill behaviour and made poor political joke.
Afaik another player made a hiroshima bomb tweet.

Now this is my grading scale:

1) Politics and especially current hot topics have no place in any non-politics buisness. Dafran making an ISIS joke is imo worse offense than anything he did in a videogame.
2) Past tragic events = poor offensive joke. Its not as bad as current unresolved events, but they are extremely rude. In private, its not uncommon to have a "thats worse than hitler" thought, but any such statement do not belong on a public stage.
3) Misspronouncing a pronoun. That is just americas glorious political correctnes.

Yet in terms of punishment:
1) dafran got hit hardest cz he damaged blizzard reputation
2) 2nd place xqc for slipping for 1sec, triumph for political correctness
3) Birdring for unlucky getting filmed right in the second when he joked with his coach
4) no punihsment for nuke jokes since god bless america