This community is funny </3

General Discussion
I just find it funny that people are so pressed about Sombra's changes.

I guess people forgot that Sombra could already counter a Tracer, Genji, Zen, Doomfist, Symmetra, Zarya etc. before her buff. Why are people are complaining about One Of The Lowest Pickrate and Winrate Hero Receiving A Buff ?

This community is funny for sure xD

Sombra was always useful on every map, and every game mode if the teams play not around her, but with her and her strengths... These buff doesn't change anything about her expect putting some of her EMP power into her actual kit.

-Boop <3
It's just an overreaction. People don't know how to handle change.

I predict Sombra's pickrate will skyrocket (~5-8%) for a short-time as people play her out of excitement (just like upon her release), then they'll realize that the things that made her challenging to use effectively remain the same and her pickrate will settle around 2% (up from 0.5%).

She's still a 3-Star Difficulty hero with demanding mechanics, a deep toolkit, and a relatively-weak weapon. Hacking the wrong targets, poor tracking, poor teamwork and positioning, and no-impact EMPs will all be very common among Sombra neophytes.

Edit: Here's a perfect example:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20762056198?page=1

This guy is already complaining he can't get enough value out of the new 19%-faster Hack. This is going to be the experience of a LOT of new Sombra players. They'll be hyped by the supposed increase in her power, then disappointed that she's still really difficult to use, then they'll trickle away back to heroes on which they're comfortable.
I mean, I'm not upset. She needs the buffs. My issue is that I don't know if this is too much-- and Blizz has a history of overnerfing heroes that they've recently buffed.

We'll see as time goes on.
02/15/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Ashriel
It's just an overreaction. People don't know how to handle change.

I predict Sombra's pickrate will skyrocket (~5-8%) for a short-time as people play her out of excitement (just like upon her release), then they'll realize that the things that made her challenging to use effectively remain the same and her pickrate will settle around 2% (up from 0.5%).

She's still a 3-Star Difficulty hero with demanding mechanics, a deep toolkit, and a relatively-weak weapon. Hacking the wrong targets, poor tracking, poor teamwork and positioning, and no-impact EMPs will all be very common among Sombra neophytes.

Exactly, I knew this day will come where the community will complain about our notorious hacker Sombra.
02/15/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Pisces
I mean, I'm not upset. She needs the buffs. My issue is that I don't know if this is too much-- and Blizz has a history of overnerfing heroes that they've recently buffed.

I've tried her out and it honestly doesn't feel like too much. She's really hard to use well at lower skill-levels, and at higher levels the raw DPS/kill potential of other heroes (Genji/Tracer) may still be preferable in most situations.

I will be highly upset if they nerf her after the QoL buff. She needed these buff and in return remove some power from EMP which is the hacked health packs not charging your ultimate.
I've tried her out and it honestly doesn't feel like too much. She's really hard to use well at lower skill-levels, and at higher levels the raw DPS/kill potential of other heroes (Genji/Tracer) may still be preferable in most situations.

So true, but then again if the players who master Sombra's kit, then she offer more than just raw damage. She offers the team utility, and a great Sombra can also get kills as well, while managing who to hack, when to hack them etc.

In my honest opinion, I find Sombra to take more skill OVERALL than Genji and Tracer.
02/15/2018 09:20 AMPosted by BoopHer

I will be highly upset if they nerf her after the QoL buff. She needed these buff and in return remove some power from EMP which is the hacked health packs not charging your ultimate.

Based on long-form responses Jeff Kaplan has posted on these forums, the only reason I could see them reverting any of these buffs is if people found being Hacked to be too oppressive and "unfun".

They didn't remove OHKO Roadhog because it was unbalanced, but because the design team felt it was unhealthy for the game and was creating unfun experiences for their players.

If Sombra does the same with Hack they may revisit her. (I don't think she'll be oppressive; she's hard to use and easy to counter at the skill-level of the majority of the player-base).
Yeah people shouldn't worry when a low pick rate hero gets a buff. I mean look at Mercy 1.0, gets a buff and no problem.
02/15/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Stunlaw
Yeah people shouldn't worry when a low pick rate hero gets a buff. I mean look at Mercy 1.0, gets a buff and no problem.

They tweaked Sombra's existing kit, they didn't completely rework her, remove her ultimate, replace it with something far more powerful, then give her a smaller-radius EMP on a 30s cooldown.

Changes have been made. Time will tell if they were too much, not enough, or just right. IMO the changes feel reasonable based on the time I've spent on both Sombra 1.0 and 2.0. I think her high skill-requirement and team-oriented gameplay will keep her in check.
The buffs are fine. Sombra should have a presence other than when you see she hacked a health pack. It’s also gonna force more comps to be played. Only change that feels too much is opportunist. Not that’s op it just doesn’t feel needed
02/15/2018 10:50 AMPosted by kleanupman
The buffs are fine. Sombra should have a presence other than when you see she hacked a health pack. It’s also gonna force more comps to be played. Only change that feels too much is opportunist. Not that’s op it just doesn’t feel needed

They didn't change much about Opportunist, they just messed up writing the description of the changes in the patch notes.

Sombra continues to only be able to see targets at <50% hp through walls. The only difference is that now if they are below 100% hp and in line-of-sight she can see their healthbar. She does not have perma-wallhacks, she can just see damaged targets right in front of her.

I'd agree this change doesn't feel strictly necessary, but it's not like it's going to be particularly powerful.
02/15/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Ashriel
02/15/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Stunlaw

They tweaked Sombra's existing kit, they didn't completely rework her, remove her ultimate, replace it with something far more powerful, then give her a smaller-radius EMP on a 30s cooldown.

Changes have been made. Time will tell if they were too much, not enough, or just right. IMO the changes feel reasonable based on the time I've spent on both Sombra 1.0 and 2.0. I think her high skill-requirement and team-oriented gameplay will keep her in check.

This^^^

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20762046201#post-10

View this thread, and you will see that I am speaking nothing but the truth, and of course people are in their feeling (;

I am okay with people down voting me....
As someone who doesn't play Sombra but plays a ton of Doomfist, I think the buffs are fine except for the reduction in the cast time of hack. I have been trying the changes in the ptr both as and against her, and I can say that you just don't have time to react to her hack now. if she starts hacking you from behind, you are !@#$ed. I think it is a little too good. The rest are fine IMO.
I main Sombra and I was a little disappointed when I saw that one of her change would be the No longer gains ult charge from health packs. But I'm not going to complain because I'm sure that the changes won't ruin her.
02/15/2018 09:07 AMPosted by BoopHer

I guess people forgot that Sombra could already counter a Tracer, Genji, Zen, Doomfist, Symmetra, Zarya etc. before her buff. Why are people are complaining about One Of The Lowest Pickrate and Winrate Hero Receiving A Buff ?

Sombra was always useful on every map, and every game mode if the teams play not around her, but with her and her strengths... These buff doesn't change anything about her expect putting some of her EMP power into her actual kit.

-Boop <3
Alright so you’re saying that sombra was always strong against all these people and strong on every map but
she needs these three buffs? If sombra was already so good at countering a bunch of hero’s what do you think three very sizable buffs are going to do?(they are buffs not QoL changes like you keep trying to call them).

This is not only bad for people that sombra counters, this is bad for sombra as well, because we all know what eventually happens to hero’s that blizzard over tunes. If sombra becomes a must pick which I suspect she could be close, then blizzard will just nerf her into the ground.

If you don’t want this to happen then you need to realize that she is already pretty viable especially in the right hands and she doesn’t need all of these buffs. Not saying she doesn’t need a buff but this is just too much.
02/15/2018 11:21 AMPosted by HaveSuome
02/15/2018 09:07 AMPosted by BoopHer

-Boop <3
Alright so you’re saying that sombra was always strong against all these people and strong on every map but
she needs these three buffs? If sombra was already so good at countering a bunch of hero’s what do you think three very sizable buffs are going to do?(they are buffs not QoL changes like you keep trying to call them).

This is not only bad for people that sombra counters, this is bad for sombra as well, because we all know what eventually happens to hero’s that blizzard over tunes. If sombra becomes a must pick which I suspect she could be close, then blizzard will just nerf her into the ground.

If you don’t want this to happen then you need to realize that she is already pretty viable especially in the right hands and she doesn’t need all of these buffs. Not saying she doesn’t need a buff but this is just too much.

U forget that she receive a BIG nerf
I imagine sombra will settle at 3.5% pickrate. She's got some very powerful abilities in her kit that are now easier to use successfully. She can completely disable elements of dive and pharmercy thanks to the buff to hack, hack faster... provide health pack advantages over the enemy team.. Also, her spread is tightened, so its easier to get good dps out of her. She's going to be very good.

I guess people don't understand or skip over the fact that I said it depends on the person on how they view these changes. I guess we skip over that part?

Of course these are QoL Buff, which is still a buff... no one is deny that part. The fact that you can hack a little bit faster (0.15) and a reduction in her spread which was needed. Those are minor buff which are QoL changes buff. as far as the Passive you can say that is a major buff, but it can also be a QoL change buff because hacking still works the same expect now it disable active passive abilities.

You can still notified her by clipping her with one damage, same goes for stealth.

A good Sombra as myself, can make Sombra work on all maps, and game mode. I just have to make sure my team follow through and utilize my strength's. These changes are welcome because now she feels rewarded for hacking a target. I can make all the call-out, who I'm going hack, who is hack, when I am going EMP etc. but heroes either use/spam his or her passive to by pass the 6 seconds, which is smart but rather annoying but smart.

I can tell you now, she is not going be a must pick... I promise you that. Of course people are going play her since she receive a buff, but again she is still a difficult hero overall... so some may try and learn her, or some may get frustrated with her and go back to Genji and Tracer.(where they are not as complex as Sombra)

I always say that Sombra wrecks in the right hands, literally every hero wrecks in the right hands.... Blizzard is known to over buff or over nerf heroes. but again I can't stress this enough that she will be played literally the same. She wasn't rework or anything.... The same heroes will still counter her, I just think people are overreacting right now... which is normal, but give it about a week or two and her pickrate will increase and decrease back to normal as again she is a complex hero to master and be effective with.