I don't think hack should turn off Lucio's song entirely

General Discussion
I can’t believe how many people are whinning about sombra/lucio.

Seriously, right now hacking lucio is pointless.

Hacking lucio with his wall riding included.. still pointless. He still bounces around the cart just as annoying and unkillable as ever.

Hacking lucio and his aura is gone. Now you have a reason to hack him. He can still be annoying on the cart cause his hitbox is so small. But he can still attack.. and lucio’s gun is not weak! You guys are acting like this is pre-rework lucio with his weak gun and massive aura.

He can still do a high amount of dmg awhile being evassive as all heck and hack only lasts for 6 secs.

He is finally brought in line with all the other characters that are pretty much neutered to hack.

They are making hack viable when it wasn’t that strong before. It is still hard to pull off in a fight unless you get the drop on someone. Its still on a big cooldown.. You aren’t gonna be able to hack the whole team.

If a sombra is hacking a lucio instead of well.. heck ANY other character.. she’s not that good.

No one is running solo heal lucio. Lets be real on this.. Lucio is still just as strong.. he’s not being dumpstered because of sombra. He’s just finally becoming hackable. Stop whinning.
In most cases as Sombra unless i know he has ult i wouldn't waste my hack on him. Getting reins shield down is of utmost priority in most cases or taking out the primary healer. The only time I would hack Lucio is 1 i know he has his ult or 2 hes the only one on the point left contesting and got to get rid of him. Otherwise there are juicer targets more worthy to be hacked.
02/15/2018 11:51 AMPosted by JakuNonon
There's a 1/6 chance Sombra picks YOU to hack. And that's assuming there even is a Sombra. Moreover, just 1 point of Damage breaks the channel, and Lucio is, more often than not, with his team, it won't be that bad

you're the support. the sombra would be stupid not to hack you.
02/15/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Kagrenac
As a Sombra main, the wallride hack is more than enough.

I play a lot of Lucio and being oppressed that much is not going to be very fun.

Fun Fact of The Day: Blizzard don't care about support players. So yeah playing Lucio will be worse, but they wont care.

I play a lot of Lucio and being oppressed that much is not going to be very fun.

But it's a machine and it operates based on electronics. So if she can "hack" Roadhogs ability to throw something, Soldier's ability to RUN, then I should think Lucio's healing should be hacked.
There's a 1/6 chance Sombra picks YOU to hack. And that's assuming there even is a Sombra. Moreover, just 1 point of Damage breaks the channel, and Lucio is, more often than not, with his team, it won't be that bad
No because if lucio is the best target to hack and he is a healer clearly he is a priority target
02/15/2018 03:26 PMPosted by LvL9Drow

But it's a machine and it operates based on electronics. So if she can "hack" Roadhogs ability to throw something, Soldier's ability to RUN, then I should think Lucio's healing should be hacked.
As well is morias healing, her life drain, mercy’s healing, zen is a literal robot, Anna is the only one that might be able to heal if hacked. Please tell
Me
More
Please of please tell me more logic
without a doubt going to ruin lucio and throw him into the throw pick pool where symmetra and torbjorn live. If he gets hacked he is literally entirely useless, while it does make sense for a hack to disable his song, its not balanced gamewise

You assume Sombra's randomly hack. And you forget her hack speed has been considerably buffed. Unless your hitscans have sick reaction times or Sombra is an inch away from you it is super difficult to stop her hack. And among your team Lucio is one of the easiest and most potent hack targets with this buff.
02/15/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Puck269

Hacking lucio with his wall riding included.. still pointless. He still bounces around the cart just as annoying and unkillable as ever.

Hacking lucio and his aura is gone. Now you have a reason to hack him. He can still be annoying on the cart cause his hitbox is so small. But he can still attack.. and lucio’s gun is not weak! You guys are acting like this is pre-rework lucio with his weak gun and massive aura.

He can still do a high amount of dmg awhile being evassive as all heck and hack only lasts for 6 secs.

He is finally brought in line with all the other characters that are pretty much neutered to hack.

They are making hack viable when it wasn’t that strong before. It is still hard to pull off in a fight unless you get the drop on someone. Its still on a big cooldown.. You aren’t gonna be able to hack the whole team.

If a sombra is hacking a lucio instead of well.. heck ANY other character.. she’s not that good.

No one is running solo heal lucio. Lets be real on this.. Lucio is still just as strong.. he’s not being dumpstered because of sombra. He’s just finally becoming hackable. Stop whinning.
Lmao !@#$ arguement because in a lot of cases lucio is the primary healer in a duo heal. Outside of mercy not even moria. Because a lot of time she is not playing heals. And the constant healing lucio can do to 5 peopl vs 1 person makes him priority he was already hackable his ult was cancellable also
I like it but I can see where it’s a bit unfair but if you think about it Zenyatta is the same way when he gets hacked so why does Lucio get special treatment
02/15/2018 12:40 PMPosted by AfterShock
As a Sombra player... Lucio is last on my list of targets.
1. Anyone one with low (25% or less) health.
2. Rein shield
3. Dva
4. Zen and DPS
5. Mercy/Anna/Moira (though healers do get moved to number 3 IF they are pissing me off with massive heals and rezzes)
6. Lucio and other tanks.

He's going to be priority number two to three at least after the buffs go through. If you hack him, you disable:
His song and amp-it-up
His wallride (maneuverability)
His ability to switch songs
His boop
So what are you left with?
You're left with a hero that can't push people around, who has little to no mobility, who has no support for his team, with a difficult-to-aim projectile gun that does 20 damage a shot.

I'd say that's worth a hack.
02/15/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Puck269

Lucio's surviability comes from wallride and speed aura. That's how he can contest a point or a payload for 30 seconds. Taking away both in hack will kill him, because he has a short hitbox, not a small hitbox.

Sombra hacking a Lucio now is pretty pointless, you're right. He can still heal or speed (depending on what crossfade was locked to) and still has his passive and can still be a nuisance. Sombra's new hack takes away everything Lucio has as a healer and as a DPS. His gun sucks. 80DPS every 2 seconds on slow moving projectiles that need to be reloaded every 8 seconds with a second reload is terrible, considering the guns every other support has. He has a terrible gun because he has such great passives, similar to Genji but with less favortism.

Right now Lucio isn't the prime target, but when the changes go live I'd hack him over Mercy.
02/15/2018 04:01 PMPosted by dradventure
02/15/2018 03:26 PMPosted by LvL9Drow

As well is morias healing, her life drain, mercy’s healing, zen is a literal robot, Anna is the only one that might be able to heal if hacked. Please tell
Me
More
Please of please tell me more logic

Well then I agree, those should be hackable as well. Anything relying on electronic or mechanical technology should be able to be hacked. Anything due to biological or non-electrical source should NOT be hacked.
It makes logical sense, but it will harm the character and keep Zen in a good spot
The more things like this happen to Lucio, the more I think no one at Blizzard even plays Lucio during internal testing. Changes that negatively affect, and occasionally downright cripple, Lucio seem to go live without consideration. Even if issues are identified by the community during the PTR process.

Then the dev team is surprised when people continue to complain and they have rush a hotfix out to mitigate the damage done. It's been happening a lot lately.

As a Sombra main I disagree. Hack the planet.

Then switch to a different healer. Rock-paper-scissors.
People/Blizzard be like "Hey let's cherry pick and nerf Mercy to the ground. She's top pick. That way people won't be oppressed. . Lets encourage the fun and freedom to pick other support classes!"

*A few weeks later, people pick Lucio*

People/Blizzard be like "Hey the excessive nerfs on Mercy is a successful we aren't reverting. BUT there's new problem! Lucio is "top pick" in CTF let's nerf their wall ride and slap some extra Sombra hacks for good measure. That way people won't be oppressed. Lets encourage the fun and freedom to pick other support classes!"

*People pick Miora instead"

People/Flankers be like "OMG instant regret on Nerfing Mercy to the ground, now we have to deal with Miora being "top pick" instead. Miora isn't a push over like Mercy who's basically defenseless...and we can't Revert Mercy...let's whine about Miora being oppressive instead to get her nerf! That will really encourage freedom to pick other support classes for said "balance."

One insufferable support witch hunt after another. Can we please leave Lucio's heal song and Miora alone?

Agreed it turning off his current song is pretty dumb. It means he can't do anything for the hack duration which is pretty unfair. every single other healer (well other than Zen) can continue healing throughout hack.