Please don't remove competitive CTF

General Discussion
Please, please PLEASE! I'm begging you guys, it's so refreshing having a new competitive mode to play.

Before CTF I felt like I could only play competitive mode, it was the only thing I found fun in the game. All the other modes were boring because nobody took them seriouslly.

But comp CTF? Wow, what a breath of fresh air. I felt like my desire to play the game was revitalized. It doesn't even matter that I'm a lower rank than I normally am in CTF, it just feels so good to have people take the game-mode seriously but not seriously to the point of toxicity.

The games don't last long enough for tensions to build, and it's rare that anybody throws a game because there is almost always a chance to come back, unlike in normal competitive mode.

Now I'm dreaming about a competitive 3vs3 mode with revives enabled. Oh my god this game can be so much better than it is right now.
There should always be an alternative competitive gamemode running for the people who dislike 6v6 comp and want to earn points. It also alleviates some of the 1 trick problem as they're more viable in these modes.
02/15/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Shade
There should always be an alternative competitive gamemode running for the people who dislike 6v6 comp and want to earn points. It also alleviates some of the 1 trick problem as they're more viable in these modes.

I actually find that most one-tricks (including myself) are willing to switch in CTF. The games are short and it's super team based, so even though my hog may not be as strong as my D.Va, it's not really up to be to hardcarry the game.
sure why not
CTF is my game mode, my rank is much lower then it should be because thats pretty much all I played and it used to only be once a week if that and it barely gave any exp. YES please keep comp gamemode, I dont like deathmatch and staying in one spot waiting to ulted by zarya and d.va on a capture point. CTF for life in overwatch!
I would love if comp ctf was around all year long. I've been playing it and I have been enjoying it so much more than vanilla comp. I honestly would probably only do vanilla comp for placements and never play it after that if I had comp ctf as an alternative.
I honestly love this mode. If they made more arcade modes with team objectives, it'd be nice to have a comp arcade.

It's cool because the heroes have different levels of viability just because the objective and strategies are so different.

If I'm tilted in standard comp, I can play comp ctf. and vice versa. It's nice, and it gives an alternative way to earn comp points, which the community has requested for ages
Best part is matches are short and sweet, Best of 5 is not a long time but it is when someone disconnects in the 4th round.
Lol why are people downvoting this stuff more comp modes means more gold guns xD

EDIT: Sry CTF players finnaly have a chance to earn them now too and you feel slightly less special
02/15/2018 01:57 PMPosted by GhostPants
Lol why are people downvoting this stuff more comp modes means more gold guns xD

EDIT: Sry CTF players finnaly have a chance to earn them now too and you feel slightly less special

It's a pretty natural response to be fair. But it does indicate a real issue when people play a competitive mode for a reward like golden guns. As we can see it degrades the experience for everyone.
02/15/2018 02:12 PMPosted by robotwizard

It's a pretty natural response to be fair. But it does indicate a real issue when people play a competitive mode for a reward like golden guns. As we can see it degrades the experience for everyone.

How is it any different or unfair to them? It's still an intense battle verses people who are serious about CTF. Most games usually have more then 1 more for a competitive setting anyways the usual three are: Deathmatch, CTF, Free-for-all.
Deathmatch is pretty much the basic Overwatch game mode. I'm sure if they had a Comp Free-for-all too some peoples smiles would be extra wide, I know a few people who live in Chateau FFA because it's the most intense challenge for them. I would love to see that happen to even though i wouldnt play it just for my buddies who do.

EDIT: Spellcheck
It would be nice if there was a rotating alternate comp game, but not all of them, and not things like LucioBall or that crappy Mei snowball thing.

I really feel that Blizzworld should be a separate map that doesn't get into the official comp rotation, so it would make a great map for some kind of new game-style.
02/15/2018 02:39 PMPosted by GhostPants
How is it any different or unfair to them?
I never said it was.

But the "I earned something one way so you have to as well" attitude is not unheard of.

I don't like the idea of keeping comp CTF over other arcade modes I would actually enjoy playing. If my opinion is that an idea is bad I downvote it. There is no anti-CTF player conspiracy that I know about.
Yeah i got chewed out by the community for that kind of mentality toward loot boxes, I unlocked my stuff in 2016 wasnt fair that the old skins were mixed with the new in my eyes, but it seemed people didnt care for that mentality much cause they want all the skins too, my guess same aplies to gold guns they wont care as long as they get them too.
02/15/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Draco

I don't like the idea of keeping comp CTF over other arcade modes I would actually enjoy playing. If my opinion is that an idea is bad I downvote it. There is no anti-CTF player conspiracy that I know about.

When the thread first popped up people downvoted it, but after reading comments and opinions either their mindset changed or more people are outvoting the downs now lol.

In all honestly it wouldnt be hard to make permanent just remove it from arcade and when you select "Competitive Play" it would prompt you to choose CTF or the standard.