FIX DOOMFIST PLEASE (He has spent enough time in the trash)

General Discussion
Why does the dev team not seem to understand the problems with this character? His play style is the opposite of how his abilities are supposed to be used! He is a dive hero that needs 2+ of his CD to get a kill (if you are not chipsa) and he also has to use 1+ ability to get away. He has the second biggest character model in the game other than tanks and has no defense ability. Genji- reflect, Tracer- recall, Winston-bubble, Doomfist- run away! Not to mention his long list of counters and bugs. I know this is a rant but I am very frustrated with how my favorite character has been treated. FASTER RELOADS WONT HELP!!!

(Am I being irrational?)
02/16/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Lucky3243
Why does the dev team not seem to understand the problems with this character? His play style is the opposite of how his abilities are supposed to be used! He is a dive hero that needs 2+ of his CD to get a kill (if you are not chipsa) and he also has to use 1+ ability to get away. He has the second biggest character model in the game other than tanks and has no defense ability. Genji- reflect, Tracer- recall, Winston-bubble, Doomfist- run away! Not to mention his long list of counters and bugs. I know this is a rant but I am very frustrated with how my favorite character has been treated. FASTER RELOADS WONT HELP!!!

(Am I being irrational?)

Believe me I feel the exact same way. I have made forum post after post explaining why he is underpowered, showing all his bugs, and general QOL changes and not one has ever been responded to by a Dev.
I'm going to do it. I'm going to take some time later (about an hour from now) to type out a rework to doom. Who knows, blizz may take inspiration on it and redesign him.
I have a feeling the devs look at players like Chipsa and think that if he can dominate with Doomfist then the problem must be that all the other Doomfist players just need to get better. Basically take when Jeff said we shouldn't nerf South Korea but buff the rest of the world and twist it around to say we shouldn't buff Doomfist but instead people playing him need to buff their skills. At least that's the only logic I can see behind the devs ignoring all of the flaws in his kit and leaving him in dumpster tier with dozens of bugs and only giving us a paltry faster hand cannon reload that does less damage vs armor than the current hand cannon and calling it a buff.
The problem with adjusting Doomfist is that everyone has very different opinions. I see him as decently balanced, yet niche. Others think he is overpowered. Regardless, adjusting him needs to be carefully thought out, since he has an ability that can one-shot most squishy targets, if done right.
02/16/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Puppydemon
he has an ability that can one-shot most squishy targets, if done right.

Yes, however the hitboxes are pixel perfect and even if he does get said kill he will get melted by the rest of the team. You cant have a dive hero that trades even at best.
Fun fact- Doomfist is taller than Zarya (she's around 6'4-6'5 whereas he's 6'6-6'7) yet he has about half the health and no shielding to speak of.

I've always thought that his hitbox befits a tank, not a DPS. He could be a tank that starts weak, but grows strong by doing damage and becomes progressively stronger. Almost like a reverse Zarya- she grows strong by taking damage and hits, he grows strong by dishing out damage and hits.
Because Doomfist has the potential to be an incredibly oppresive hero and has to be kept in check.
02/17/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Luci
Fun fact- Doomfist is taller than Zarya (she's around 6'4-6'5 whereas he's 6'6-6'7) yet he has about half the health and no shielding to speak of.

I've always thought that his hitbox befits a tank, not a DPS. He could be a tank that starts weak, but grows strong by doing damage and becomes progressively stronger. Almost like a reverse Zarya- she grows strong by taking damage and hits, he grows strong by dishing out damage and hits.

doomfist is actually 7'1" he has more health than zarya, she's got 200 and he has 250. also yes, doomfist feels like he should of been a tank more than a dps.
02/17/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Caution
02/17/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Luci

doomfist is actually 7'1" he has more health than zarya, she's got 200 and he has 250. also yes, doomfist feels like he should of been a tank more than a dps.

Why do you think he's 7'1"?