The New Skins...

General Discussion
02/16/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Jinx

With Mccree, the traditional Korean aesthetic is a matter of taste but the real issue is the textures, they look straight up unfinished, and the colors are off as well. Kinda a shame since they were most likely inspired by Arang and the Magistrate and could've easily referenced it.

THANK YOU! I was trying to figure out what was so "eeeeeeehhhh" about McCree's skin and this pretty much answered it.
Personally I think all 6 skins were made very well, especially the 4 Symbols ones. That said, I was surprised there were only 6. So I was a little disappointed, but I still prefer quality over quantity.
I loved McCree's outfit, but the face is kinda EHH to me. And I liked Mercy's, it's just not what I expected.
02/16/2018 06:18 PMPosted by IsTheMedia
02/16/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Jinx

With Mccree, the traditional Korean aesthetic is a matter of taste but the real issue is the textures, they look straight up unfinished, and the colors are off as well. Kinda a shame since they were most likely inspired by Arang and the Magistrate and could've easily referenced it.

THANK YOU! I was trying to figure out what was so "eeeeeeehhhh" about McCree's skin and this pretty much answered it.

Mhm.

It's weird too, because they got the textures and colors so right with Palanquin so its not like they don't know how to do Korean clothing.
Interesting, I’m of the opinion the skins keep getting better with each event, and this event is no different. The detail in the Four Guardians skins is outstanding, and it’s one of my favorite myths. The event itself is overall meh to me because the only thing we have is CTF, and I don’t really care for CTF. I played it once for the lootbox and that’s it. In a way it doesn’t even feel like an event. I’ve started getting dupes in loot boxes again, so I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten everything but a few of the skins. I have the three skins I really want though, so that’s fine.
I love the mercy and widow skins personally.

Granted those were the only two skins I went out of my way to get this event but still.
For a few minutes, I liked Mercy's. Then I came to my senses. The only good one is Genji's. Now I have all skins from both new year events and I do not care for 99 percent of them.

I would trade them to people if the feature existed.
02/16/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Lúcio
obviously the Genji.

Bwahahahaha.

Not really, but to each their own.

As a Pharah main, I like her new skin. She defiantly needed some catching up, but I will agree that the other skins are bad.

For me, Widow's doesn't top her games skin, Zarya I just don't like the bulky skins, so the 80s is still the best for me, Mercy I don't give a care in the world about since she's been through the balance coaster, McCree's Highlight is the only good things (plus I like his games skin too).

I get the cultural impacts, but I just don't think they have a lasting impact when this event ends. I had the same feeling about the skins that were released last year for this event.

But hey, that's just an opinion.
I also agree, after the first 4 skins that made sense from last year, this year seems excessive. I honestly hope they replace this event in the future with something else.
mercy and genji got good skins, the others were mediocre at best especially pharah and mccrees
I like the skins for Mercy and Genji.

Mercy Zhuque - love the oriental look with red nail polish. I wish the colour of her wings are different (maybe amber or white)

Genji Bai Hu - everything about this skin is awesome. Imagine if I bought a golden sword for him. Wow
Well. At least, i can save credits for once and don't have to be left with skins i wanted but couldn't get.
I feel all four of the Guardian skins are well made. I really like Zarya's and Genji's, but I feel the theme is thrown off of a set with Genji being all ghostly/supernatural skin while the ladies are all normal except the eyes. It kind of lessens the group or set feel of it.

As for McCree, I'm not into it at all. And they seem to mess up with him quite a bit. Riverboat and Gambler have weird looking mustaches/faces. Lifeguard has his hair and facial hair really not matching and his hair doesn't look shaded to even take into consideration he has a hat on... it's just a blob of Ezreal level highlighter yellow basically. And this skin... I'm not fond of the outfit for one. But once again, something is messed up with his hair and face.

Widow's has some color combination issues. Her visor doesn't seem to meld well with the rest of her outfit to be honest. It sticks out quite a bit.
I liked them all a lot. They are better than last years. Except for d.va she looked cute
I think the skins are great. None of them are on characters I play so I didn't buy any boxes, but the quality was great.
The skins were pretty cool the only ones that were meh was McCree’s and Widow’s skin I was hoping they would stick to the spray on how she looked like from last year
I like the Zarya skin. Might be the first time i get off my current one... if i actually get it that is...
overall i like the skins
mercy's was mostly nice even with the kinda offputting headpiece
widow's was kinda bad
zarya's im not the biggest fan of but i don't like many of her skins and the weapon is pretty amazing
pharah's is amazing
genji's is amazing
Personally, I love Mythology and anything related, so I disagree. I think that mercy had a lot more potential than what was given to her, but I think personally, that is Zaryas best skin. Love the warpaint and all her skins have sucked until now (minus barbarian). Also love the pharah skin.
Well I think they are good, the ones before just were so good. Also taste plays a role, I dont like this chinese stuff. (racistic this is?)