Snipers Delight

General Discussion
I will embrace the downvotes but why are there so many snipers in this game?
Some are good yes. BUT majority are terrible and are only trying to train to get better at the expense of others during quick play.

you may say "Its just quickplay brah" but its a

TEAM BASED GAME MODE

and in a TEAM BASED GAME MODE you usually work as a TEAM

If you feel like you should be able to play any character you want go to arcade or FFA more specifically. You ruin this game for others.
Sniper fantsy and the types of players it brings. Think of how there are too many spies and snipers in TF2 because kids.

Here that is Genji and either of the snipers :P
Just for your info, not being in front of the enemy team jumping around doesn’t mean ppl are not helping.

A sniper does his best work from afar, supporting your sorry Mc Crees rolling and jumping Genji, trying to have a fast kill of a character so numbers aren’t an issue.
Hanzo and Widowmaker are easy to play.

jk

did that trigger anyone?

Back to topic:

It is all subjective because there are time when I preferred sniper over any other heroes.

I'm not talking about those who picked snipers just because they want to practice in qp.

I got accused of throwing when I picked sniper as a last ditch resort when my team is losing. I pick them because I feel like I can win with them.
A lot males will naturally want to play the hot female character with a high skill ceiling.
02/17/2018 12:10 AMPosted by CamKitty
Sniper fantsy and the types of players it brings. Think of how there are too many spies and snipers in TF2 because kids.

Here that is Genji and either of the snipers :P

I don't know about that in TF2. I see a lot more spies killing snipers more regularly on youtube videos.
02/17/2018 12:44 AMPosted by Luv
A lot males will naturally want to play the hot female character with a high skill ceiling.
And out of the two we have ,Hanzo is hotter
02/17/2018 12:07 AMPosted by RobertZBills
I will embrace the downvotes but why are there so many snipers in this game?
Some are good yes. BUT majority are terrible and are only trying to train to get better at the expense of others during quick play.

you may say "Its just quickplay brah" but its a

TEAM BASED GAME MODE

and in a TEAM BASED GAME MODE you usually work as a TEAM

If you feel like you should be able to play any character you want go to arcade or FFA more specifically. You ruin this game for others.
If we can't train in QP ,then where do we train ?FFA where enemies can spawn right behind me ? no thanks.

On the other hand ,If you really feel like this is a problem, go play comp
Sniping is fun.
How else would you learn how to play in a real game setting with real people if not in quick play?

FFA only focuses on killing with a very small selection of locations. Only tiny sections of three maps doesn't help anyone learn positioning for objectives. Plus, they definitely will not learn how to play as a team if they're in FFA.
OW doesn't have proper snipers. You don't have long range, you don't plan your attacks, sit and wait for the opportune time to strike whilst adjusting for wind speed or drop off. The maps are too small for sniping just like in CS.

Snipers in OW are just a mechanism for the game to appeal to people who like pulling off flick shots.

I do enjoy it though!
02/17/2018 02:18 AMPosted by hoodoo
How else would you learn how to play in a real game setting with real people if not in quick play?

FFA only focuses on killing with a very small selection of locations.

Its still better than doing it in a TEAM BASED GAME MODE

where if you cant do your part and as most snipers are too stubborn to switch lose the game for the rest of the team, then YES go to FFA train there it sucks but at least you play a sniper there and not an Anchor in QP
[li][/li]

02/17/2018 12:16 AMPosted by Alexarius
Just for your info, not being in front of the enemy team jumping around doesn’t mean ppl are not helping.

A sniper does his best work from afar, supporting your sorry Mc Crees rolling and jumping Genji, trying to have a fast kill of a character so numbers aren’t an issue.

Ive had maybe 2/20 snipers do this the rest are trash
1) Encouraging people to play FFA over quickplay for training just encourages bad teamwork. Purely because FFA is an aim area, who ever aims the best wins (assuming a hitscan is what you are playing). Why does it encourage bad teamwork? well you're telling them to go play and train in solo but doing that will get people thinking too much about themselves and not enough about team play not only that you're asking them to go play by themselves.

2) Widowmaker herself isn't purely a hard carry, she needs her team to do their job as well, peeling, opening up space. Creating opportunities for her too shine. She cant do that all by herself constantly she requires more team play than you will readily admit.

3) There are only 3 snipers in the game. 3 is not a lot.

4) Snipers are very much part of the team based aspect of this game regardless of what your ego is telling you. Snipers create oppertunities for the team too push. Picking off the healers or the other widow/DPS. They can pretty much turn a fight. Yes if they arent that great they wont but there could be multiple reasons for it. Perhaps you arent looking out for her when dva and winston are jumping all over her? perhaps your healers are ignoring her because "omegalul its widow"?
Plenty of reasons for a widow doing bad and not all of them are because the player is bad.

5) I will always let someone play widow if they ask me and im a widow main, why? because its good too get the practice in and its hard to find anyone willing to tolerate it because we happen too have one of the most intolerant communities in gaming.