OWL Contenders Logo

General Discussion
02/17/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Skrimiche
Does it really matter though? Why do we have to keep finding reasons to hate Genji so much?

02/17/2018 10:05 AMPosted by RDK

Oh hey that's me.

We wouldnt be finding reasons if blizzard would stop giving us reasons.
Should've been Sym.
02/17/2018 10:55 AMPosted by M3T4
02/17/2018 10:52 AMPosted by jvilla225
Id say something like doomfist. Have tracer the good person from overwatch on owl and doom on contenders. Reaper could have been pretty cool too to add that duality of the overwatch universe. Basically anyone outside of overwatch more along the lines of talon.

Doomfist's silhouette wouldn't fit at all, especially since most angles they could go with would result in the silhouette being simply a giant bulky arm covered in spikes.

Reaper's silhouette is literally a guy in a trench coat and hood, it's so generic.

There are 24 other characters have some imagination.
02/17/2018 11:01 AMPosted by jvilla225
02/17/2018 10:55 AMPosted by M3T4

Doomfist's silhouette wouldn't fit at all, especially since most angles they could go with would result in the silhouette being simply a giant bulky arm covered in spikes.

Reaper's silhouette is literally a guy in a trench coat and hood, it's so generic.

None of those heroes are as visually appealing as a silhouette and as fitting for branding in a game like OW as Genji.
02/17/2018 11:04 AMPosted by M3T4
02/17/2018 11:01 AMPosted by jvilla225

None of those heroes are as visually appealing as a silhouette and as fitting for branding in a game like OW as Genji.

Like I said pampered. Only reason he is pampered is bc he looks cool to a bunch of 12 year olds.
are we really arguing over a logo of something literally 1% of the playerbase cares about? Lol. These forums...
Wow are we seriously complaining about a <removed for language> logo?!?!?!? What????

[Post edited by forum moderator. Please keep our Code of Conduct in mind when posting.]
02/17/2018 11:05 AMPosted by jvilla225
Like I said pampered. Only reason he is pampered is bc he looks cool to a bunch of 12 year olds.

He isn't pampered though.

He's a <removed for language> C Tier hero. If C Tier is pampered now then what does that make the A tier heroes?

[Post edited by forum moderator. Please keep our Code of Conduct in mind when posting.]
02/17/2018 11:12 AMPosted by M3T4
02/17/2018 11:05 AMPosted by jvilla225

He isn't pampered though.

He's a <removed for language> C Tier hero. If C Tier is pampered now then what does that make the A tier heroes?

All his hitboxes are more than generous and none have been changed. If they were, this pathetic character would fall off the face of the earth. He would be were doomfist was a few weeks ago.

[Quote edited by forum moderator.]
02/17/2018 11:33 AMPosted by jvilla225
All his hitboxes are more than generous and none have been changed. If they were, this pathetic character would fall off the face of the earth. He would be were doomfist was a few weeks ago.

If 'fixing' his hitboxes would result in his character "falling off the face of the earth" then they don't need fixing, they're not forgiving.

Git gud.
02/17/2018 11:35 AMPosted by M3T4
02/17/2018 11:33 AMPosted by jvilla225

If 'fixing' his hitboxes would result in his character "falling off the face of the earth" then they don't need fixing, they're not forgiving.

Git gud.

They do need fixing but they know the character would be what doomfist was and all the little kids would start crying.
02/17/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Steveck
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761796128#post-3

02/01/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Smartest
02/01/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Steveck
In before people get triggered over Genji on the logo.

It only further proves Gengi and Tracer are thee dev favorites, I mean both being the dominant dps for almost the entire game’s life span except tank meta and being the mascots for league.
02/17/2018 11:48 AMPosted by jvilla225
They do need fixing but they know the character would be what doomfist was and all the little kids would start crying.

You're the crying little kid here.

If Genji was so easy and forgiving you wouldn't have that god awful 1.46 EDR on him.
02/17/2018 11:50 AMPosted by M3T4
02/17/2018 11:48 AMPosted by jvilla225

You're the crying little kid here.

If Genji was so easy and forgiving you wouldn't have that god awful 1.46 EDR on him.

I didnt say either of those i said he had generous hitboxes. Just how doomfist had his on launch but like i said pampered by the dev team so no hitbox fixes or nerfs. Let genji deflect through walls and a few meters in any direction infront of him and to his sides. Youre behind genji and gonna surprise him? Not with that deflect youre not lol.
02/17/2018 11:52 AMPosted by jvilla225
I didnt say either of those i said he had generous hitboxes. Just how doomfist had his on launch but like i said pampered by the dev team so no hitbox fixes or nerfs. Let genji deflect through walls and a few meters in any direction infront of him and to his sides. Youre behind genji and gonna surprise him? Not with that deflect youre not lol.

Doomfist's hitbox was beyond broken, it literally allowed him to punch people through walls.

Genji can't deflect through walls, that's been fixed.

Genji doesn't get pampered by the devs, they just weren't delicate with the fix for Doomfist.

He's a !@#$ing C TIER HERO. If he was pampered he'd atleast be in B Tier with Tracer.
Tracer or genji, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

02/17/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Quest
Should've been Sym.

I am with this guy.
02/17/2018 10:45 AMPosted by ReplacedFlea
If you've ever watched the Overwatch League you've seen Seagull play. We're all ProvGenji mains after that.

Have you even watched owl? He's been one of Seagulls least picked heroes, way behind Junkrat and Pharah. He's nearly played more Mei than Genji.

@Jvilla225 people like you always make me laugh. Why is your genji so bad if he's such an easy pampered hero? Why aren't you getting deflect kills through walls and behind too?
02/17/2018 11:52 AMPosted by jvilla225

Doomfist's hitbox was beyond broken, it literally allowed him to punch people through walls.

Genji can't deflect through walls, that's been fixed.

Genji doesn't get pampered by the devs, they just weren't delicate with the fix for Doomfist.

He's a <removed for language> C TIER HERO. If he was pampered he'd atleast be in B Tier with Tracer.

That was just fixed**

A year and a half i guess we are making progress with this dev team fixing genji. Next up deflect hitbox/animation and swift strike hitboxes here we come.

[Quote edited by forum moderator.]
02/17/2018 12:02 PMPosted by jvilla225
That was just fixed**

A year and a half i guess we are making progress with this dev team fixing genji. Next up deflect hitbox/animation and swift strike hitboxes here we come.

Swift Strike hitbox is fine.

Jeff Kaplan has said that the deflect hitbox is working as intended.