OWL Contenders Logo

General Discussion
02/17/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Jzx
02/17/2018 10:45 AMPosted by ReplacedFlea
If you've ever watched the Overwatch League you've seen Seagull play. We're all ProvGenji mains after that.

Have you even watched owl? He's been one of Seagulls least picked heroes, way behind Junkrat and Pharah. He's nearly played more Mei than Genji.

@Jvilla225 people like you always make me laugh. Why is your genji so bad if he's such an easy pampered hero? Why aren't you getting deflect kills through walls and behind too?

Quote me where i said easy. I said pampered. Overtuned. Generous hitboxes. Which is true for all of those. He is the only hero that not only double jumps but he hides hos crit hitbox every time he does it. Thats being pampered. Youre already given him a godly set of abilities that can be used on both attack and defense. You dont need to give him a rein sized deflect hitbox. You dont need to make his base speed faster you dont need to hide his head on each double jump.
02/17/2018 12:05 PMPosted by jvilla225
He is the only hero that not only double jumps but he hides hos crit hitbox every time he does it. Thats being pampered.

It doesn't. Shoot him here, it'll register as a headshot.

https://prnt.sc/ig10up

You dont need to give him a rein sized deflect hitbox.

It's not that big

You dont need to make his base speed faster you dont need to hide his head on each double jump.

What's wrong with him and Tracer having extra base speed? If heroes like Mei and Reaper can have 50 extra HP why can't Tracer and Genji have a speed increase?

His head isn't hidden, the animation is fine, if you aim well you can still headshot him, all the flip does is make the animation fluid and not clunky garbage like the Scout's 2nd jump in tf2
02/17/2018 12:09 PMPosted by M3T4
He is the only hero that not only double jumps but he hides hos crit hitbox every time he does it. Thats being pampered.

It doesn't. Shoot him here, it'll register as a headshot.

https://prnt.sc/ig10up

You dont need to give him a rein sized deflect hitbox.

It's not that big

You dont need to make his base speed faster you dont need to hide his head on each double jump.

What's wrong with him and Tracer having extra base speed? If heroes like Mei and Reaper can have 50 extra HP why can't Tracer and Genji have a speed increase?

His head isn't hidden, the animation is fine, if you aim well you can still headshot him, all the flip does is make the animation fluid and not clunky garbage like the Scout's 2nd jump in tf2

I dont have a problem with tracer having that higher speed. She only moves in a 2D field. She has 3 blinks and recall. It is predictable. She will move left right forward or backward. Genji moves on a 3D field. He also has 50hp more than tracer his ability on reset after kill (which like 70% of the time is an asisst.) Not to mention the ability to cancel his deflect with strike when you purposely stop shooting at him. At that point a few right clicks and a few double jumps in your face is enough to say hello to spawn. That and ol' sephiroths sword when he ults too. Which most genji plays are him dashing and slashing but from their perspective they keep killing people without having them in the LoS bc of the hitboxes. Check any genji potg.
02/17/2018 12:18 PMPosted by jvilla225
He also has 50hp more than tracer his ability on reset after kill (which like 70% of the time is an asisst.) Not to mention the ability to cancel his deflect with strike when you purposely stop shooting at him. At that point a few right clicks and a few double jumps in your face is enough to say hello to spawn.

[/quote]

So? Genji's got unique mechanics. What of it?

If Genji is hitting right clicks and you're not hitting shots he deserves the kill.
02/17/2018 12:19 PMPosted by M3T4
02/17/2018 12:18 PMPosted by jvilla225
He also has 50hp more than tracer his ability on reset after kill (which like 70% of the time is an asisst.) Not to mention the ability to cancel his deflect with strike when you purposely stop shooting at him. At that point a few right clicks and a few double jumps in your face is enough to say hello to spawn.

So? Genji's got unique mechanics. What of it?

If Genji is hitting right clicks and you're not hitting shots he deserves the kill.

You call it unique which translates to pampered. Doomfist is also unique. Sombra is unique. There are 26 different unique heroes. But Genji keeps getting protected by the devs when it comes to nerfs.
02/17/2018 12:25 PMPosted by jvilla225
You call it unique which translates to pampered. Doomfist is also unique. Sombra is unique. There are 26 different unique heroes. But Genji keeps getting protected by the devs when it comes to nerfs.

Why would the devs nerf a balanced hero?

Just because they know how to balance a hero like Genji with all his mechanics and thus don't need to nerf him doesn't mean he's pampered.

<removed by forum moderator for toxicity>
Of course Contenders would have Genji as its logo. How many Genji players do you come across that think they're the next Shadowburn, but their team is just holding them back?
02/17/2018 12:26 PMPosted by M3T4
02/17/2018 12:25 PMPosted by jvilla225

Why would the devs nerf a balanced hero?

Just because they know how to balance a hero like Genji with all his mechanics and thus don't need to nerf him doesn't mean he's pampered.

<removed by forum moderator for toxicity>

<removed by forum moderator for toxicity> Even goodman has come out and said he regrets double jump bc it is hard to balance lol.
02/17/2018 12:28 PMPosted by jvilla225
<removed by forum moderator for toxicity> Even goodman has come out and said he regrets double jump bc it is hard to balance lol.

Hard to balance doesn't mean it's not balanced.

If Genji was as pampered as you pretend he is he'd atleast be a B Tier hero like Tracer. But he's not, he's in C Tier.

If Genji is pampered then so is Widowmaker, so is Junkrat and so is McCree, since they're all C Tier heroes too and being C Tier must mean you're OP but don't get nerfed.
mom the character i don't like is being used on this logo i don't actually care about

Ever consider Blizzard isn't touching Genji/Tracer because the forum tears are just so delicious?
02/17/2018 12:30 PMPosted by M3T4
02/17/2018 12:28 PMPosted by jvilla225

Hard to balance doesn't mean it's not balanced.

If Genji was as pampered as you pretend he is he'd atleast be a B Tier hero like Tracer. But he's not, he's in C Tier.

If Genji is pampered then so is Widowmaker, so is Junkrat and so is McCree, since they're all C Tier heroes too and being C Tier must mean you're OP but don't get nerfed.

Which is odd bc they all received pretty strong nerfs. Funny thing they are counters to dive like tracer and genji...whaaaaat i know lol it is like he was pampered or something. Come to think of it the first to complain about doomfist were those reflecting weebs. Now they are crawling complaining about moira too.
02/17/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Yuuji
Ever consider Blizzard isn't touching Genji/Tracer because the forum tears are just so delicious?

Could be this, but it's probably just because they're balanced heroes.
02/17/2018 12:32 PMPosted by jvilla225
Come to think of it the first to complain about doomfist were those reflecting weebs.

Everyone complained about Doomfist, he literally could punch you on the other side of a pillar and oneshot you...

Now they are crawling complaining about moira too.

Stats show Moira is overtuned, she will be nerfed, can't be blamed on Genji mains. Seriously, stop blaming every inconvenience support players face on Genji mains, Genji mains didn't force Blizzard to create overtuned support heroes then nerf them later on, Moira needs her healing output to be nerfed and she'll be fine.
02/17/2018 12:35 PMPosted by M3T4
Come to think of it the first to complain about doomfist were those reflecting weebs.

Everyone complained about Doomfist, he literally could punch you on the other side of a pillar and oneshot you...

Now they are crawling complaining about moira too.

Stats show Moira is overtuned, she will be nerfed, can't be blamed on Genji mains. Seriously, stop blaming every inconvenience support players face on Genji mains, Genji mains didn't force Blizzard to create overtuned support heroes then nerf them later on, Moira needs her healing output to be nerfed and she'll be fine.

There they are, blind genji mains that want everyone else nerfed but not there precious half dead cyborg. Everyone else isnt balanced but the robotic ninja is lol.
The amount of anti genji salt in this thread and on the forum is too high.
I think for the contenders logo Dva or Reinhardt would have been pretty cool, but that's just my opinion. Who ever they choose for their logo is their business.
02/17/2018 12:37 PMPosted by jvilla225
There they are, blind genji mains that want everyone else nerfed but not there precious half dead cyborg. Everyone else isnt balanced but the robotic ninja is lol.

K, I'm done arguing with a forum troll.
02/17/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Shepling
I think for the contenders logo Dva or Reinhardt would have been pretty cool, but that's just my opinion. Who ever they choose for their logo is their business.

Widow could have been good given how tracer and her hate each other.
02/17/2018 12:38 PMPosted by M3T4
02/17/2018 12:37 PMPosted by jvilla225

Honestly it's quite sad to see the forums making such a big deal over something as small as a logo....

Like it's literally just a random character in a video game...no need to make such a big deal about it...
02/17/2018 12:41 PMPosted by MrTaco
02/17/2018 12:38 PMPosted by M3T4

Honestly it's quite sad to see the forums making such a big deal over something as small as a logo....

Like it's literally just a random character in a video game...no need to make such a big deal about it...

There wouldnt be a problem if it actually was "random" but him and tracer are the pets of overwatch which is why they hardly ever get touched by the nerf gods. Which is why they are pampered. Whether you believe otherwise bc of you being a gengu fanboy or just plain blind that is something else.