We were spawn camped for an hour.

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Highly Rated
Blizzard, this is some next level griefing.

[link removed]

They were already reported but fear newer players won't report this. None of what this team did was appropriate or acceptable.

I ask for something to be done to keep something like this from happening again.

I'm using the forums because I have no other way of bringing this to your attention.

Forum Moderator Note: Link calling out other players removed.
This isn't bannable and shouldn't be. If you are getting spawn camped then it is your team's fault. Perhaps your team comp wasn't good. Also these are very low levels so things will change.
Highly Rated
02/17/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Raymond
This isn't bannable and shouldn't be. If you are getting spawn camped then it is your team's fault. Perhaps your team comp wasn't good. Also these are very low levels so things will change.

Yeah, but what a terrible experience for people trying out the game for the first time! How is Blizz gonna sell this game to new people when that's the kind of experience they're getting? "Things will change," yeah, the change is that people will stop playing and the only ones left will be griefers and trolls.

Personally I think it should totally be bannable, since it ruins the experience for the other team.
Highly Rated
Hmm ....

I see many problems here. But why didn't anyone go tank and shut them down ?
Nothing is wrong with spawn camping.
If you can't get out then it's your fault.
Highly Rated
These were smurfs that in no way belonged at this low of level intentionally tormenting newer players.

Expecting new players to be able to overcome this is ridiculous. Spawn camping in of itself is not bad. However the way they were going about it is very much in poor taste. Don't even begin to excuse what these players were doing as good sportsmanship.

They had every opportunity to score and win the game. Instead they chose to keep the flag, and thus in overtime solely to keep players in their spawn and pick on newbies.

This is not acceptable.

Further more, you're expecting first time players to organize in a meaningful way to over come competitive level players. That is not going to happen.
I wouldn't say they should be banned but perhaps a overt time cap on everything time other than normal competitive.
It was a 5 DPS + lucio comp. All of them having to ignore a big, red "NO TANKS" composition warning. You can't particularly even be sure it was smurfs...

What this does show, though, is CTF needs some kind of 'sudden death' mode to force a game end...

If they are wasting your time, and you are unable to leave, that is extremely unfair. You are forced to stay for as long as the team wants you to.
It already baffles me that people would buy the game again, but to buy the game again to just do stuff like this...

I mean, it's their money I guess, but imo it's pretty sad.

I don't think it should be bannable though. It's poor sportsmanship and pretty pathetic, but you just need to leave or figure out a way passed them.
02/17/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Fish
It was a 5 DPS + lucio comp. All of them having to ignore a big, red "NO TANKS" composition warning. You can't particularly even be sure it was smurfs...

What this does show, though, is CTF needs some kind of 'sudden death' mode to force a game end...

Again you're expecting cohesion from a completely inexperienced group. They are also very obviously smurfs that have competitive experience. You can tell how well they work together and pick the exact composition required to be effective in that particular situation.
Just..leave the game then...join a new round.

I know this will get a bad "REEEEEEEEEEaction" out of a lot of ppl, but there's no way in hell im standing around for an hour inside of our just outside of spawn with a team that cant break out. I don't have that kind of time to spare on a game.

Matchmaking sucks in this game. Smurfs use sales and free weekends to ..well..smurf..

Welcome to overwatch.
This isn't bannable and shouldn't be.

Actually you can report them for (literally word for word from the report menu) "NOT TRYING TO COMPLETE MAP OBJECTIVES".
02/17/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Mongorians
Just..leave the game then...join a new round.

I know this will get a bad "REEEEEEEEEEaction" out of a lot of ppl, but there's no way in hell im standing around for an hour inside of our just outside of spawn with a team that cant break out. I don't have that kind of time to spare on a game.

Matchmaking sucks in this game. Smurfs use sales and free weekends to ..well..smurf..

Welcome to overwatch.

I stayed purely to make the recording. Also, having the ability to leave doesn't make what they're doing right.
02/17/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Amzer
Blizzard, this is some next level griefing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iit0xv5nkSM&

They were already reported but fear newer players won't report this. None of what this team did was appropriate or acceptable.

I ask for something to be done to keep something like this from happening again.

I'm using the forums because I have no other way of bringing this to your attention.

This be new gen gaming n stuff.
02/17/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Amzer

Further more, you're expecting first time players to organize in a meaningful way to over come competitive level players. That is not going to happen.

I mean, yes. Eventually i'd expect players of any skill level with a modicum of a brain to put two and two together and figure out that running in like lemmings as Hanzo+Widow+Genji+Reaper isn't working.
02/17/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Tex
02/17/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Amzer

I mean, yes. Eventually i'd expect players of any skill level with a modicum of a brain to put two and two together and figure out that running in like lemmings as Hanzo+Widow+Genji+Reaper isn't working.

No amount of mediocre teamwork, even a good composition would have over come this particular instance. These are brand new players who barely even understand the mechanics going up against people that understand how every character works on top of excellent mechanical aim.

To put into perspective, you're asking a little leaguer to go against MLB. Its simply not fair to the newer players no matter how you cut it. This entirely ruins the experience.
Blizz allows this in WoW (since 2004). Ppl hold the flag in CTF for ages. It's fun. You could've left.
02/17/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Swalsh
Blizz allows this in WoW (since 2004). Ppl hold the flag in CTF for ages. It's fun. You could've left.

Leaving would not have made what they're doing right. If Blizzard wants to combat toxicity, then they should very much address situations like these. Which are purely toxic. It puts up an impassable barrier to entry.
Damn that's a super long CTF.