We were spawn camped for an hour.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
He did report, he was also bringing it to everyone's attention. It is a problem clearly.
02/17/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Pakaku
02/17/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Amzer
Unless the opposing team completely outclasses the team being spawncamped.

Try again.
I see you missed the part where I said "if we assume both teams are of equal skill". If you're being spawncamped, despite plenty of options to help break a spawncamp, then the other team is outplaying you. It's not a nice thing to admit, but that's usually the case.

If this is about KOTH or CTF, then there simply needs to be a ten minute timer. If no one caps in ten minutes, it ends in a draw. There, no more hour-long sessions.

This isn't about being outplayed nor is this about CTF being a broken mode. This is about players purposely extending a match solely to pick on new players. This is about poor sportsmanship in a huge degree.
02/17/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Swalsh
Are we just gonna ignore the OP literally swearing in chat? That's 100% for sure against the rules.
oh yes one bad word to an hour of being farmed like livestock okie dokie.

So if I show up an start farming you and your friends an family like livestock an laugh an have fun curb stomping them with 5 others its all good fun right?

Hope u take that logic irl srsly people like u are why the school shootings that happen every day so keep acting like farming others like livestock is TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE.

But what do I know? I'm just a stupid training bot with more empathy than the 40+ million player base has.
02/17/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Swalsh

Then why not just report? We really need OP crying/salting the forums?

To give this problem attention? That's what the forums are for. Stop crying about it. You don't have to post in this thread.
This is why the Health Barriers need to be pushed forward slightly on some maps, because without them Spawn Camping is heavily permitted.
02/17/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Swalsh

What the hell is wrong with you? No way shape or form is this even alright. What in the actual hell are you defending besides yourself man?! Thanks for the feedback buy no thanks. I swear if you were the victim in that situation you'd probably be the most ticked off player or lo and behold the first one to leave because you just don't care.

Sorry to say but other players are not sheep for your enjoment. Pvp or not we all want to have some fun. Enforcing toxicity what a joke.

I already said I wouldn't have minded being the losing team. It's fun knowing you can't win, so you can practice the heroes you never play on.

You are rrally dumb man. You'd be dead before you could do anything. What are you practicing dead cries of your unplayed hero?

Think about it. And majority of the time of your "practice" results in respawn waiting and replays of what killed you. You can't practice anything if you can't play on the court my man. So you're definitely not going to improve in a the timeout booth.
02/17/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Swalsh
All Overwatch games are timed. Eventually this mode would've ended too.
Unfortunately that's not true for CTF. So long as the enemy team can't return their flag, or it doesn't get fully captured, the overtime meter stays up, and never goes down.

They purposely held the flag, and didn't cap just to grief these players. It's most definitely reportable, and these people should be ashamed of doing this to a bunch of a new players. This was a gross display of bullying, and I hope they all get an IP ban.
i own a smurf but it's very low leveled and i NEVER use it during free weekends.

honestly? [Edited by Blizzard] this. why do people decide that it's fun to come along and ruin the game for newer players?

that's not fun. it's just embarrassing and it gives the player base an even worse rep than we already have.

sigh. blizzard need to crack down on this, but i highly doubt it.

EDIT: and tbf i think blizz need to sort this issue out before bringing back free weekends.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
02/17/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Swalsh
Blizz allows this in WoW (since 2004). Ppl hold the flag in CTF for ages. It's fun. You could've left.

Turtle? Even that had an end. The video in the OP is so frustrating. The enemy team is disgusting.
<Removed by forum moderator for toxicity>
I playing the game now only for a week and getting already bored about those spawn camping , its ever one , once my team is rushing to the spawn points then the another team is camping on our spawn point..

Every match the same match. Would be better to have random spawn points so you never know where "one" player will be comming from.
This post really addresses the smurf issue well. I had a competitive game in plat that looked a lot like this because the other team had smurf dps that helped them camp us in spawn for a whole round.

As plat players we had the game sense to know how to break out of spawn, but we mechanically couldn't beat their Genji or McCree, especially when they got Zarya bubbled. More so, many of us didn't even want to try because there was no chance of beating them and we may as well just let the clock tick out to the next game.
02/17/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Amzer
Blizzard, this is some next level griefing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iit0xv5nkSM&

They were already reported but fear newer players won't report this. None of what this team did was appropriate or acceptable.

I ask for something to be done to keep something like this from happening again.

I'm using the forums because I have no other way of bringing this to your attention.
Reaper said it himself as you were playing as him.

"This... Is my curse."

And oh boy, was it horrible. I hope you never have a bad game like that ever again.
This is a disgusting issue that we knew would be spawned from having this game focused as a competitive game.

Overwatch was way more fun in its released state without all the competitive BS that spewed forth from the competitive patch.
spawn camping is part of any FPS. It is extemely frustrating but nothing can be done about. You need those tanks to create the space so you can safely leave spawn.
02/17/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Nekeoh
spawn camping is part of any FPS. It is extemely frustrating but nothing can be done about. You need those tanks to create the space so you can safely leave spawn.

It was less about the spawn camping and more about the other team simply holding onto the flag for as long as they could just to be pricks.
This bring me memories of TF2 Spawn camping... The good Ol Spawncamping.. "did you guys bring tents?" "Kaboom" "Oh, they're goin' ta have to glue you back together...IN HELL!"

good times

good times
I just skimmed through it so i'm not sure i saw everything, but wow, this is just one game?! This is longer than any comp!

Was going to suggest to switch over to tanks and have lucio ferry them back and forth. But i haven't played CTF yet so i don't know how that map works. Then again, nobody's playing the objective so you may as well have tried switching to all tanks anyway.

How does the ranking in CTF work? Do you lose SR? If it does, how long does it take to get back the SR?

02/17/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Topazthespaz
It was less about the spawn camping and more about the other team simply holding onto the flag for as long as they could just to be pricks.

I'm actually interested in how much EXP the other team got out of it. This may be a good way to farm lootboxes.
To be Honest, its both a good and bad experience for you, bad for the sour moment you and your team experienced for the spawn camp. Its good cuz you learned how deal with it, you need tanks and healers to break the spawn camp, and no 5 DPS.

And please be honest.. who here has ever do a spawn camp at least 1 time and enjoying the lulz? you know its true
02/17/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Amzer
Blizzard, this is some next level griefing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iit0xv5nkSM&

They were already reported but fear newer players won't report this. None of what this team did was appropriate or acceptable.

I ask for something to be done to keep something like this from happening again.

I'm using the forums because I have no other way of bringing this to your attention.

Welcome to Overwatch! No really, that's how it is every game. My own team failing miserably brings amusement to me, but it's not fun for anyone else.

Not that such matter, cuz it's 2018, Blizzard and Riot is God, amirite?