So I'm a DPS Lucio from now on.

General Discussion
So would that make you...

DPSstanky?
In many of my competitive games, it's horrible when needing tanks and ESPECIALLY healers when everyone picks DPS over them. I can't play my QP main Reaper and because I want to win and we NEED that healer....I went straight for Lucio and I'm quite proud of how I play as him. I still have some involvement in those kills. Recently this Genji desperately wanted to kill me one to one but his aim sucked and it was funny giving him that last BOOP after circling him like prey and he died! haha! Don't mess with Lucio! He's not as weak as you think! ;)
02/18/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Huckleberry
I'd report you because that's no different from calling yourself a dps Mercy - and battle Mercy in comp is reportable.
wow, the best lucios are the good dpslucios that go anywhere killing or jheal/speedboosting when needed. the worst lucio is the lucio that is still and only with the healing song (all the noobs do that, me included)
You can still pump out a lot of heals while doing good damage. There shouldn't be a decision to be made here for a good Lucio.
Who who who! No, if i have a lucio on my team when im playing it would be nice of you not going berserk to murder the sniper, i kinda need that heal/speed boost to compensate from my lack of heal and to disengage. Beside i helps with sombra genji and tracer when if fail to stop them from getting to close.
Lucio is a lot like Rein where to actually be great with him you need to know when to be dr jekyll and when to be mr hyde. The people who just wallride all over never healing always trying to get boop kills are trash Lucio players. He has a very deep and useful kit. In every game you should be healing your team, taxiing your team, getting picks, zoning enemies, and distracting enemies. He can negate ults by zoning enemies with boop, using his ult to prevent teammates from dying to them, and boosting his teammates to avoid dying to them.

You are supposed to be constantly attacking people he can do that while healing or speed boosting. Hell one of the main benefits of having him is he can protect tanks by zoning tankbusters with boop and killing them. Reaper is basically a joke to Lucio. There are times in a lot of games where you should be going for that wall climb/ride pick but it shouldn't be something you are constantly chasing. You need to learn from experience when it is available.
Who who who! No, if i have a lucio on my team when im playing it would be nice of you not going berserk to murder the sniper, i kinda need that heal/speed boost to compensate from my lack of heal and to disengage. Beside i helps with sombra genji and tracer when if fail to stop them from getting to close.

Yeah, and it would also be nice to have someone ELSE murder the sniper.
But in the absence of such a person on my team (because we HAVE to have Reaper, Mei AND Junkrat as DPS, and that Hog sure as hell isn't going to swap to Winston) - I have to do it myself.

See, my general view with DPSio is that if we've gotten to the point where I'm the one who HAS to go kill the sniper - the rest of my team can stick to using health packs.

Plus, I generally still get pretty decent healing at the end of the game anyway, so what does it matter if i also get to sate my bloodthirst on the way.