Junkrat vs Genji

General Discussion
Genji has always been a struggle for Junkrat. However pre-nerf I'd always try to bait out his deflect because I know I can almost always detonate my mine before it got deflected. Now post-nerf the struggle against Genji has only intensified. I'm forced to wait unless I feel like wasting all my mines which still likely won't kill him.

Any other junkrat players/mains out there have more trouble dealing with genji now and if so how do you work around it? Any strategies for dealing with genji? I mostly play deathmatch so the question pertains to that gametype.
I have trouble killing Junkrat as Genji.
Junkrat's a pain in the butt to fight as Genji, he completely zones you out of your optimal range and if you decide to advance, he'll delete you with a mine+nade or a trap.
Deflect kills are rare for me. Everyone who has been playing the game knows not to shoot at a deflecting genji and kinda expects him to use the skill during a fight. You'd have to time deflect perfectly. It's kinda like how people only die by Junk's dynamite mistakenly.
What I do as junkrat is always play near a door or chokepoint or flank or something (like the openings next the the payload door that opens), and if I get a genji on me, I run away and place a trap in the corridor or I already have a trap down and run away, and it’s really easy now with 2 mines to get to your healers safely. By the way, a great way of baiting out deflect is to shoot over the genji so he thinks you’re shooting him. After he deflects, he will probably dash through you, so do a 180 turn really fast and shoot+mine combo to insta kill. Also you should never play far from your healers. I hope these tips help!
I tend to lure them into a more confined space, place a trap on the exit
If he deflects, I try to face backwards and lob two nades against the wall sideways so it doesn't bounce back to deflect immediately, walk towards the bouncing nades in case he wants to dash at me, you can also place a mine on the wall so you could do full damage after he dashes
02/19/2018 12:43 PMPosted by ACUA3
Genji has always been a struggle for Junkrat. However pre-nerf I'd always try to bait out his deflect because I know I can almost always detonate my mine before it got deflected. Now post-nerf the struggle against Genji has only intensified. I'm forced to wait unless I feel like wasting all my mines which still likely won't kill him.

Any other junkrat players/mains out there have more trouble dealing with genji now and if so how do you work around it? Any strategies for dealing with genji? I mostly play deathmatch so the question pertains to that gametype.

nope. i can kill him just as easily as i did before. i dont care if he tried to deflect, he cant deflect what isnt thrown at him. aim above his head or to the side or even better ... throw to the ground and bait him into running over it. almost everyone wont see it until its too late. if that doesnt kill him, then it throws him away to reconsider his tactics.
They're both pretty broken characters. But this matchup favors Junkrat by a lot.
A lot of times I throw a trap behind me and then fight him. Then when he swift strikes through me he goes right into the trap.
02/19/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Evonoucono
I have trouble killing Junkrat as Genji.

that means you are a bad genji.
I think that matchup is pretty even. Both characters can insta-delete each other pretty quickly with their kit.