Imagine a 26v26 mode

General Discussion
A mode where there are 26 teammates and everyone can choose one of the 26 heroes, a game mode where it’s an all out brawl with every hero in the game. It could be elimination or objective based but it should be added, it would be so much fun. Although if it was objective based the stalling would be ridiculous.
02/19/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Nessle
A mode where there are 26 teammates and everyone can choose one of the 26 heroes, a game mode where it’s an all out brawl with every hero in the game. It could be elimination or objective based but it should be added, it would be so much fun. Although if it was objective based the stalling would be ridiculous.
Can we do this though?
i mean

i'd just like an 8v8 mode but i've never thought of this..
02/19/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Ryto
Can we do this though?
It would probably be hard for Blizzards servers to keep a stable and smooth connection with 52 players in one game but I’m sure it could be possible.
Don't think this will work...

Trolls who end up with bastion/mei/sym/torb.

People who want character X, but couldn't lock in so they now pick character Y to make the team less effective.

Its kinda sad to say that, because it really could be awesome. Just imagine the insane number of ults people would try to combo and the number of shots mccree would end up trying to take during his ult.
i said the same thing and got a crap ton of downvotes

i support this mode to this day if it were to ever happen
The game would lag to !@#$ maybe a ground war mode wouldn’t be bad but 52 people fighting at a time would lag
It woudl be harder to find enough ppl who wouldn't mind do play any hero.

Battlefield: Overwatch
26 Meis
You think she's under powered now?
try dealing with her En mass
Larger teams are possible. If TF2 could do it in 2007 (not 26v26 but 15v15), then OW can do it in 2018. Will OW do it? Probably not, being that the game is catering to the esports scene, and modes like this are much less "competitive" than 6v6 where individual contribution is more heavily weighted. I'm all for bigger teams, bigger maps, longer timers, etc., I'm not betting it'll happen though.
Well...goodbye servers.
Welcome to Squad: Moba edition.
02/19/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Slippy
Larger teams are possible. If TF2 could do it in 2007 (not 26v26 but 15v15), then OW can do it in 2018. Will OW do it? Probably not, being that the game is catering to the esports scene, and modes like this are much less "competitive" than 6v6 where individual contribution is more heavily weighted. I'm all for bigger teams, bigger maps, longer timers, etc., I'm not betting it'll happen though.
All you do is make it an arcade mode not complicated. Make it 12 v12 and make 2cp into a domination map
We would need such a big map and the game performance would just drop...

But it is so cool I would love it anyway.
Nah

I have a better idea

PvE

26 players vs an army of AI

All the overwatch heroes together fighting a ai controlled army of enemies
13 v 13 elimination , give each player a random different hero, throw them all in one of the smaller TDM/elimination maps and just watch the insanity unfold. Re-shuffle the heros every round, first to 5 wins. Glorious
02/19/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Ryto
Can we do this though?

The server can seem to handle a lot of AI Bastions with little to no performance drop (aside from audio cues), due to a glitch that was found in Custom Games. The amount of AI was waaaaay past 52.

I've witnessed and played it firsthand.
02/19/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Slippy

battlefield 1942 could do it 32vs32 in like 1999 or something and it was awesome. ow is obviosuly made for 6vs6
in TF2 16v16 servers are chaotic enough and TF2 maps are larger than OW maps.
26v26 would be too crazy, filled with spammy classes like phara and junkrat