Cancel translocator (sombra)

General Discussion
is this possible? should it be?
especially now that it will take longer to go away if the ptr is any indication.

Sometimes you misplaced it and being able to cancel it would be great
02/15/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Rosalhymn
especially now that it will take longer to go away if the ptr is any indication.

If you misplace it, then instantly teleport ? I mean if you are setting it near a health pack or corner it is no problem right?
this is not always the case tho

and especially if the place you placed it suddenly has enemies crawling all over it, cancelling would be nice

but maybe that would be OP? dunno

it will be frustrating tho
02/15/2018 10:23 AMPosted by AlternateZ
02/15/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Rosalhymn

If you misplace it, then instantly teleport ? I mean if you are setting it near a health pack or corner it is no problem right?

Consider this then;

You're on defense on Route 66 in the second stretch. In order to get behind the enemy, you have your translocator set either in the gas station in the first stretch or that burnt out building next to the bar next to the fat health packs. They push through into the third stretch just as you arrive from placing your translocator, and now what. You've still got 10 seconds on your translocator, and leaving will keep you out of the fight even longer as you just used your cloak to get to the fight. Your team is dead, having lost the push, and you're all that's left. Teleporting back will keep you out of the fight much longer, but of course you don't want to die and feed.

A better example would be on attack on the same map. YOu die, respawn, and put your translocator in that little hallway thing. You get to the cart and help push. Your healers are gods and keep you topped off as you kill the defenders with a well timed EMP. The cart pushes through, but your translocator is still in that little hallway, and it still has 10 seconds to tick down. You can't use it, or you won't have time to hack the next couple of health packs. Stealth just got off cooldown, so you could potentially get to the mechanic shop but then Translocator will finally have died and is on cooldown, so your escape card is gone.

Canceling translocator is just a little QOL that many Sombra players would appreciate
Trans only has a 4 sec cd so being able to cancel it would make it a lot stronger than it already is. It basically means you'd always have it in the ideal position to get a full 15/20 seconds of risk free combat.
02/15/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Stunlaw
Trans only has a 4 sec cd so being able to cancel it would make it a lot stronger than it already is. It basically means you'd always have it in the ideal position to get a full 15/20 seconds of risk free combat.
but if the locator is placed badly it is effectivly a cooldown of 15/20+4 seconds

maybe cancel after 10 seconds?
Kinda off subject, but sometimes I enjoy throwing a translocator somewhere the enemy knows it is.... Often at least one of the enemy just sits there staring at it waiting for me...... then I just shoot em in the back or go to the objective with a 6v5.
No. A manual cancel of translocator introduces a more clunky mechanism.

Just don't allow the Transolcator nerf from 15seconds to 20seconds that is being proposed on the PTR, is all.

It is a nerf to increase the translocator time.
Your idea makes no sense because if she did have that the cooldown time would be the same.
If it expires without being used the cooldown should be reset so you can immediately use it again. Having to wait 19 seconds (or 24 now?) to place it somewhere else is ridiculous.

If there was an elegant solution to allow you to cancel it, I would say yes. But I don't see how you could without introducing a new hotkey, which would be annoying.
Its fine right now, 20 secs for sombra is insane on top of her reduced spread and increased hack time. She is now a legit threat as a flanker.