Genji one trick here. Please nerf Genji.

General Discussion
genji dont need a nerf..he need a FIX. like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXGJOh0KFHo&feature=youtu.be
His triple Orisa shield x Reinhardt shield to the tenth power sized deflect hitbox needs to be removed and replaced with his dance taunt. That way, when he dashes in and can't secure a kill, he can dance and hope the enemy team joins him. While they're distracted your team can cap the objective. 420% strategies.
02/16/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Alhaitham
02/16/2018 10:30 AMPosted by TGFWilliam
Before Genji play becomes the standard?
Genji is already the standard friend. No "when" involved.

I don't personally think he's any worse at my level (high plat / low diamond opponents) than many other DPS. The lack of counter-player does kinda suck though. It's not even the deflect that feels bad to me. It's the fact that his dash resets on -assist- so you can eat a dash, and if someone dies around you, you're eating another one... and another... and he just puts out so much guaranteed damage without any opportunity to stop him (since he's not targetable during dash, and it goes through all barriers / defenses, you have no opportunity to stop it aside from killing him before the assists reset it).
Genji is NOT invincible during swift strike ,Dunno where you're getting '''untargetable during dash'' from

I'm saying that you're not going to register hits while he lerps between origin and destination.

You're telling me you're landing shots while t = 0.5? I call BS.
You guys are missing the point.
you do know people can see your most played heroes Right?
So Genji not need nerf. He has counter is Winston, which Winston can kill him very easily.
Okay this a copypasta.
02/16/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Brogan
Okay this a copypasta.

Yes and it’s hilarious how many people will come in here, post and not read it.
02/16/2018 10:19 AMPosted by theirishfuse
Everything about this situation is depressing. Blizzard keeps making one specific dps a mandatory pick, letting the community stew for months until they hate and detest that hero, then nerfing them into the ground. Repeat with the next hero. It happened to Reaper, Hanzo, Junkrat, and will happen to Genji, and then to the next dps or maybe they'll buff Tracer and repeat the cycle.

As a Genji main, I can't see anything good come out of this. Winning because the enemy hero has been nerfed into the dust and is objectively weaker is not fun. Playing mirror matches for months against miserable people who wanted to play Widowmaker, Hanzo, McCree or Doomfist but got pressured into picking Genji instead because their team said "switch or I throw" is not fun. Getting flamed for being a "toxic noob Genji main" (remember when "Junkrat mains" were praised instead of despised? Do you think any of them asked for Junkrat to become the best hero the game has ever seen?) is not fun. And eventually Blizzard will make Genji useless like they did to so many other heroes before and people will start throwing and reporting me unless I switch to whichever hero Blizzard felt like pushing into the spotlight.

I never asked for the Reaper overnerf. I never asked for Tracer being left in an unplayable state or for Sombra to get a buff that dumps on Junkrat and Pharah specifically. I want balance and I want the other dps to be able to pick Junkrat, Reaper, McCree or Hanzo and to have a fair match that will be won by the better player. Is that so much to ask, Blizzard?

So please, get it over with and nerf Genji already, Blizzard. Before he becomes the next hated hero, before people get flamed for maining him, before you read pages of complaints on the boards and nerf him to hell, or even worse, rework him. I recommend greatly reducing or removing the reflect and increasing dash CD to 9 seconds, making him harder to use on the low end and increasing counterplay opportunities on the high end.

Thanks.

Ah yes a Genji main who'se least played hero is Genji, my favorite... These forums are a joke.

Jeff Kalpan said that Genji has no balance issues.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759240215#post-4

Thnx

EDIT: Ok my bad, you were joking. I still stand by what I said though.
"Tracer unplayable."

lol
02/16/2018 11:14 AMPosted by AngryPuckmen
you do know people can see your most played heroes Right?

You do know people can see this was a joke post, right?
I was actually agreeing with this post too, they take a hero and make them op so everyone wants them to be nerfed into the ground, then they pick another hero to make them the must pick and everyone wants them to be nerfed, repeat. Mercy, Junkrat, you name it. It seems like that’s currently happening to Orisa, she’s not even op tho but the forums is filled with people who think she is op.
02/16/2018 10:56 AMPosted by TGFWilliam
02/16/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Alhaitham
... Genji is NOT invincible during swift strike ,Dunno where you're getting '''untargetable during dash'' from

I'm saying that you're not going to register hits while he lerps between origin and destination.

You're telling me you're landing shots while t = 0.5? I call BS.

I can't count how many times I've been killed mid-dash.

I did kill genjis mid dash myself a lot of times though
I just think his boxes need to be tightened up or shortened a little bit but otherwise the over all dps seems fine to me.
02/16/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Krodgerdat
He's mocking another post by writing the exact same thing except replacing Moira with genji

Oh man, and here I thought there was a genji main that was actually being civilized for once.
Everything about this situation is depressing. Blizzard keeps making one specific dps a mandatory pick, letting the community stew for months until they hate and detest that hero, then nerfing them into the ground. Repeat with the next hero. It happened to Reaper, Hanzo, Junkrat, and will happen to Genji, and then to the next dps or maybe they'll buff Tracer and repeat the cycle.

As a Genji main, I can't see anything good come out of this. Winning because the enemy hero has been nerfed into the dust and is objectively weaker is not fun. Playing mirror matches for months against miserable people who wanted to play Widowmaker, Hanzo, McCree or Doomfist but got pressured into picking Genji instead because their team said "switch or I throw" is not fun. Getting flamed for being a "toxic noob Genji main" (remember when "Junkrat mains" were praised instead of despised? Do you think any of them asked for Junkrat to become the best hero the game has ever seen?) is not fun. And eventually Blizzard will make Genji useless like they did to so many other heroes before and people will start throwing and reporting me unless I switch to whichever hero Blizzard felt like pushing into the spotlight.

I never asked for the Reaper overnerf. I never asked for Tracer being left in an unplayable state or for Sombra to get a buff that dumps on Junkrat and Pharah specifically. I want balance and I want the other dps to be able to pick Junkrat, Reaper, McCree or Hanzo and to have a fair match that will be won by the better player. Is that so much to ask, Blizzard?

So please, get it over with and nerf Genji already, Blizzard. Before he becomes the next hated hero, before people get flamed for maining him, before you read pages of complaints on the boards and nerf him to hell, or even worse, rework him. I recommend greatly reducing or removing the reflect and increasing dash CD to 9 seconds, making him harder to use on the low end and increasing counterplay opportunities on the high end.

Thanks.

Claims to be a Genji main. Has only 4 hours on him, and Genji is the least used of all his heroes.
greatly reducing or removing the reflect
I could not agree more. The deflect ability is the most annoying in the game for me, and every single time I meet genji I can't kill him because he just deflects s**t.

Thanks.

Genji is fine just cuz a plat player told blizzard genji is op doesn’t mean he is go to at least mid to high diamond and play genji there. Trust me you will get destroyed. Also if ur sooo good why can’t you rank up.
Stop being a sheep just cuz genji is high risk high reward doesn’t mean he’s “op”
Roadhog main here.

Can confirm its a vicious cycle.