What exactly justifies D.Va extra 100 HP over Winston?

General Discussion
This is not a 'please nerf' thread, but more of a balance discussion/my shower thoughts. D.Va and Winston fill the same role as disruptors, high mobility and diving tanks and IMO they have very balanced stats when comparing each other, except for D.Va having extra 100 HP. Let's analyse their kits:

1. Shield ability. Both have shield abilities and IMO they are balanced when compared. Defense Matrix is more flexible, D.Va can turn on and off to use in certain situations and it's great because it eats ultimate abilities, however it's bad because it can't block beams. Winston's bubble is more consistent, but not so flexible. It serves a specific purpose of blocking damage while he is diving and attacking, but it can be destroyed fast and has some blind spots. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. I prefer Defense Matrix but I guess we can agree there is no stronger or weaker here.

2. Mobility. Here I have to say D.Va has a better shift ability. It's more flexible, more unpredictable and deals easier free damage. She can freely fly to wherever she wants, deal damage and a small knockback in the process. She can even cancel it. Winston's leap is harder to control and easier for enemies to avoid the damage. Winston is also more open for taking damage when he's doing a big leap, to reach bigger distances. IMO D.Va wins in the mobility aspect.

3. Damage. Yet again a consistency x flexibility fight. Winston has close range, area damage with a DPS that can't go higher or lower. Best you can do is use melee while attacking a single target, but that will only help you with saving reloading times. D.Va on the other hand has a weapon that doesn't need to reload and can crit, so her DPS depends on your aiming and position, it can go a lot higher than Winston's due to her having an extra damage ability and burst combos with her shift + shooting + melee. Her weapon is also close range, but the bullets "travel" the whole map so it can be used to destroy Symm's turrets, stop Sombra's hack/stealth or stop Torb from building his turret. Personaly I also think D.Va is stronger damage wise, but once again let's say this is balanced.

4. Ultimate abilities. Their ult is pretty different, but they have a similar effect: survive and disrupt the enemy team. Winston does it by filling his whole life and gaining +500 HP while easily knocking enemies back. D.Va does it by getting a new mech and making enemies hiding from her explosion area, else they'll die. Balanced.

5. Hitbox/critbox. This is probably the point that justifies D.Va having more HP, but IMO it's balanced. They are both tanks with big model, so from my experience it's equally easy hitting both of them. From watching videos that compare and analyse crit boxes + my experience, I also don't feel any of them have bigger crit box than the other. Many people see D.Va's crit box as a very bad thing since it's in the middle of her model, but as long as the crit box size is similar, there's no big deal. In fact there is a disadvantage for D.Va since even if the enemy is missing headshots, he is probably hitting her body. You see, when fighting skinny heroes there is a risk in amining for their heads because it's either hit or miss. When fighting tanks this is usually not true (specially for D.Va) because if you miss their heads, you probably hit something else since they're so big. This is a detail that has to do with the enemy skills, but I'm just pointing this out. Anyway, D.Va's crit box have also an advantage that makes it impossible to hit critical hits from the back, even if you have the perfect highground you just can't hit her "head". DM also protects her crit box completely. Winston can be hit from his back, so let's call this balanced EXCEPT for D.Va having the extra 100 HP. (Can't find a link to Winston's crit box right now, but it's not very different from D.Vas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SQtSk9abyw)

So this is my analysis of their kit and why I can't see why D.Va should have more HP than Winston. Overally speaking she has a stronger and more flexible kit than Winston. Winston's kit is consistent and is specifically strong at diving, it's made for that while D.Va can be used on more different situations. She's been a very dominant pick from casual to pro matches. Your turn to discuss about it!

Edit: relevant points I forgot about that were mentioned on this thread:
- Winston's damage go through barriers and most importantly, Genji can't deflect it.
- Winston's leap has slightly lower cooldown than boosters.
dva mech = metal
winston = meat

would you be so incredulous as to suggest meat is not weaker than metal?
02/18/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Ntwadumela
dva mech = metal
winston = meat

hog has 600 hp tho and he's fat.

explain that.
Fat is white, so Blizzard is racist against red people.
Nothing justifies dva getting the extra 100 hp but all i know is... as the saying goes... she goes down faster than a 5 dollar hooker on the weekend.
I would say because her mobility cooldowns are longer than Winston's.

(Yes I realize they're both 6 seconds, however, leap's cooldown starts ticking down when he leaves the ground, not the same for Dva)
Winston has a bubble. Thats the entire reason behind it.
02/18/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Monster
I would say because her mobility cooldowns are longer than Winston's.

(Yes I realize they're both 6 seconds, however, leap's cooldown starts ticking down when he leaves the ground, not the same for Dva)

Do you think this is enough to justify 100 extra HP? That's a lot. I should have put this on my analysis, but D.Va's shift ability is a lot superior compared to Winston's, so this cooldown difference probably just makes for his leap being weaker than boosters.
Dva is easier to focus fire IMO. Her movement is more predictable and she has to face the target she’s shooting.
02/18/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Jindiao
Winston has a bubble. Thats the entire reason behind it.
bubble has some incredible capabilities you arent considering. It blocks a bunch of ults and can be used preemptively. Winston is also a much better counter for popular dps like gengi and tracer. Both great tanks
02/18/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Solex
Dva is easier to focus fire IMO. Her movement is more predictable and she has to face the target she’s shooting.

Plus, bigger critbox and slowed while firing.
02/18/2018 04:28 PMPosted by TLiciousX
02/18/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Solex

Plus, bigger critbox and slowed while firing.
Yeah thats about right. As someone who plays a ton of hanzo dvas are super easy to take out (NOt using scatter) Much easier than any tank even with her mobility and damage
D.Va's critbox is a lot larger than Winston's.
Compared to Winston, despite her mobility, I find her a lot easier to take down. It probably helps that her shield only blocks from one direction, unlike Winston who just does a shield dance to avoid getting hit.

But that's just my guess.
02/18/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Yuh
dva mech = metal
winston = meat

explain that.

Under that fat is a ton of muscle! Hog is so strong that he just shrugs of the pain until it's unbearable.
A good winston will strafe within his shield to mitigate some damage making him harder to kill. D.Va is much more easier to kill even with 600hp, defense matrix can only block frontal shots and beams/lasers can pass through it.

This is coming from a Symmetra main though.
02/18/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Yuh
dva mech = metal
winston = meat

explain that.

Hog is T H I C C af.
Bubble covers everything

Beam weapons
Discord
Lasts until enemy breaks it

Also Winston have a small critical hitbox unlike D.va
Hitbox/critbox. This is probably the point that justifies D.Va having more HP,

Congratulations, you played yourself