No blind/smoke screen ability yet?

General Discussion
Gotta be honest...I’m a bit surprised that we don’t have a blinding ability or vision obstructing smoke screen-like ability yet...

Sombra has invis but that’s just the nature of the character....I’m talking a defensive ability that can be used as a form of CC or maybe even an escape ability...or an ult perhaps

Is this because it would be hard (technically) to put in? Perhaps requiring too much of user systems?

cause I think it would be cool if like someone dives Hanzo and he drops a ninja/octopus-like smoke screen to hide his escape...coupled with a leap ability like I hear he might be getting I think this would be really cool

Or perhaps an ult the blurs enemy vision or something

Thoughts?
It can't work in a game as fast paced as this unless it's over an entire area and hanzo wouldn't benefit from it at all
02/19/2018 12:44 PMPosted by RainFloodIce
It can't work in a game as fast paced as this unless it's over an entire area and hanzo wouldn't benefit from it at all

What about blind or a straight up flash bang
That might be broken for pushing on some maps. (I'm surprised we dont have a flamethrower or crossbow hero.)
Reaper should get smoke grenades
02/19/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Gamehead
That might be broken for pushing on some maps. (I'm surprised we dont have a flamethrower or crossbow hero.)

See now that’s an actual reason....but if it was an ult instead of an ability I don’t think that would be much different than a Sombra EMP for example....and it would effect both teams too if it was smoke

Can do all sorts of stuff doesn’t just have to be the examples I’ve given.....just surprised we don’t have some variant yet
02/19/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Baja
02/19/2018 12:44 PMPosted by RainFloodIce

Consider the following:
McCree
02/19/2018 01:02 PMPosted by TriVenom
02/19/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Baja

Consider the following:
McCree

Well that’s a stun though...not vision impairment
ha what is this? cs:go? hahhah xd

In all seriousness, a smokescreen ability would be cool. I would like a character that deals damage or has abilities that have to do with status effects; poison, slow, blind, etc.
Large scale smoke effects are generally super resource intensive. Total Mayhem games would probably crash servers.

Blind effects though? You'd think there's be one or two. maybe a shield tank where the enemy can't see through it.
Technically Moira's causing so much visual clutter that her simple existence is already causing visual impairment for both teams.

On a more serious note, I could definitely see Reaper get some form of smokescreen with his abilities, rather than Shadowstep being sniper bait and Wraith Form inviting the enemy to casually follow him and reload.
It's called Moira's ult :3
02/19/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Terranguard
It's called Moira's ult :3
^

Catface :3
Maybe it is already an ability for a future hero.

In the cinematics, Reaper had black smoke grenades. I think those would fit in his kit actually. He would be loud as usual but invisible, how spooky is that?
It’d be a violent cc to add to OW but I don’t see why it couldn’t work if it were for an extremely short duration.

Also, it should be given to Sym. Her entire design revolves around manipulating light.
*Thinks about all the barriers, beams, electricity, bombs, bullets etc. flying around*

There are enough visual elements that already make it hard to see in the game, let's not add anymore, thanks. It's frustrating not being able to see where to aim and where things are already, I'd rather not have an ability with the express purpose of obscuring my vision.
Maybe not a straight up blind, but maybe screen obscuring? Like how in L4D2 with the mud-people and if your hit you have some of your sight obscured for a short while.

It's a well paced FPS and seems to work fine, could even be better tuned since it's been how long since that game was out?
Smokescreen would be cool... blinding ability is something I hope is never in the game.