Overwatch feels like it's lost it's fun factor.

General Discussion
Long post incoming

Ok so I used to sit here for days at a time on these forums and defend hero balance and giving people advice on how not to tilt.

But now I really kinda feel like OW is losing it's fun factor for me too.

I also used to sit here and defend how fun overwatch is.

This is the part where I invite everyone to downvote me and call me a hypocrite. I deserve it, lets be honest.

I'm a very competitive player at heart. I'm very outspoken ( I will shout down a muted microphone when people frustrate me ) I will take my losses to heart and lose motivation to play competitive.

The stale meta
The rampant spam of nerf threads on the forums
The toxicity

Yes you can sit there and block players and report them. That won't stop the voice line spamming or match throwing.

This isn't a suggestion thread because I really don't see how I could suggest an improvement to comp. role select has been discussed a million times and bliz have said they don't want to force meta ( And yet they have forced dive meta for so long ... ).

I think the only thing I'll be doing much of anymore is just watching OWL.

Maybe when lucioball comes back or gets added to custom game I might play again but other than that. I really don't know.

Thanks for reading and sorry if this seems like a bit of a rant.

Take care everyone and have fun whatever you're doing.
Hi Ninetales, i was burnt out to the bone, every game was just a pure suffer and i thought that my days with ow are just gone and its time to say bye.

I tried new game Warframe, fell in love it with it, played it for 4 months and then came back to ow and its fun again, it will never be one the top of the edge how it used to, but i laugh and enjoy the games again :).

Try to find new main game for a while, that saved me.
Hi Ares

I've got into playing fortnite at the minute, never played a B.R game before and the cartoonish style and building forts is actually really fun.

I don't rage when I'm outplayed and it keeps my competitive impulses going.

Definetly enjoying playing games again.
Take a break, play something else, then come back.

It’s a lot more fun when you forget about it and then return, at least in my experience.
The problem is that, when Overwatch first came out, we had all these new updates and game modes and events, and we were excited for them.

We couldn't wait to see the brand new skins and try out the new game modes, the new heroes that would change the style of play up. It was all so exciting.

But now that the playerbases' naivety has worn off, we've come to realize that we're basically getting fed the same PvE game modes every year, the same arcade modes, the same metas; the same game.

Any new game modes that are released are only available for a month or so, and only half of them really click with the fans. Almost all the new heroes (and some of the original heroes) have been tossed to the side in favor of dive comp.

The tremendous amount of hype is just wearing off on its original playerbase.

I'll give this to the devs tho: they always manage to release some sweet skins.
02/19/2018 05:46 PMPosted by JellyandJam

I really should do this. I think now that I'm playing another game that I enjoy I might take that needed break and come back in summer when lucioball returns.

All I think I need to do is get some friends on fortnite and I'll have a much happier experience.
02/19/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Ninetales
02/19/2018 05:46 PMPosted by JellyandJam

I really should do this. I think now that I'm playing another game that I enjoy I might take that needed break and come back in summer when lucioball returns.

All I think I need to do is get some friends on fortnite and I'll have a much happier experience.
Playing w friends on Fortnite is a blast. Matches that my friends and I lose hardly ever get us mad or tilted. The bouncy style and the building mechanics is just too much fun.
02/19/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Gooby
Playing w friends on Fortnite is a blast. Matches that my friends and I lose hardly ever get us mad or tilted. The bouncy style and the building mechanics is just too much fun.

Hopefully I can get a list of a few people to group with prty soon.

Giving it a few months from this game will defo do me the world of good.
I mean... when they pump out terrible maps like Horizon, Junkertown and Blizzworld, yeah..the game goes from fun to annoying real fast.
Taking a break is probably the best thing you can do. I'm at the same point OP, I've played the game since launch and at some point over the last year the fun factor started to go on a steep downhill decline for me. Now I'm at the point where I have almost no desire to play unless my friends are on. Every time I log on and play solo I just get triggered after a few matches and log off feeling latent anger. I've got a list of games that I should play that are actually fun and engaging, but I've been stuck in this mindset of trying to progress in skill in OW. I just can't justify it anymore because playing this game solo for the most part has been an extremely negative experience for me. As much as I've really wanted to love this game like I did TF2, I just don't, and I need to cut my losses and move on to playing a game that actually feels good again. I'll still play on the weekends when my friends text me, but other than that I'm pretty much done with this game.
02/19/2018 06:02 PMPosted by SlickBeak
I mean... when they pump out terrible maps like Horizon, Junkertown and Blizzworld, yeah..the game goes from fun to annoying real fast.

This post tilts me, absolutely tilts me.

You seriously called Blizzworld a "terrible map".

Get out. Disgusting. People have no taste.
02/19/2018 06:10 PMPosted by JimmyCarter
02/19/2018 06:02 PMPosted by SlickBeak

Terrible in terms of layout and gameplay. Merely looking good isn't good enough.
02/19/2018 06:12 PMPosted by FupDup

Terrible in terms of layout and gameplay. Merely looking good isn't good enough.

Again, 100% disagree with you.

Just stahp, couldn't be happier with Blizzworld.

People will never be happy.

Everyone is entitled to their liked and disliked maps.

I happen to like junkertown but dislike numbani. But I know plenty that love numbani.

It's just personal taste.
I haven't played this game since the first beta it had a year or 2 back. I tried out this recent free weekend and was simply taken back. This game was nothing like it was during it's beta trials back in 2016. All the characters now feel so slow and weak compared to their earlier versions.

Is this what happens when you give the competitive community too much say in a game? Every character just became so mediocre in the name of comp balancing. Regular matches just aren't fun at least during the first beta the characters felt way faster and could pack a hit in one way or the other.

And matchmaking is a nightmare It took forever to get any matches going. Is this why they no longer release any player numbers? And it coudn't have been my level because i was lv 7 getting matched with lv 85 guys when i did manage to pull together a match.

It's a real shame since I've tried on multiple occasions to buy this game in the past but could just never justify putting that much money into an online only experience. I guess this game just isn't for me anymore as it's already morphed past my initial observations.
I call it Overwatch: The Rise of the Skin-ner Box

Get it? You're only back to play to get skins. Out of the lootboxes. Like the chicken.

Yeah.
Get it? You're only back to play to get skins. Like the chicken.

Or in my case Overwatch : Luciballin
Jimmy here would defend blizz even if they were murdering his whole family. He'd ask Blizz if they needed help disposing of the bodies an coming up with an alibi or even take the blame.

Don't bother trying with him. Have fun with other games that treat the community bases like people, NOT animals to be bleed to death for their money. nuff said.

But what do I know? I'm just a stupid training bot having more fun on the forums than any of Blizz's IP's...if that says anything ;P
I defended bliz for so long. For all I know this break might actually be permanent, who knows.