Dva mains, help me not be so stinky at her please.

General Discussion
I love playing Dva but I feel like I’m so bad at her. I get popped so fast and not only that but my accuracy is terrible, like 15-25 percent. I increased my sensitivity to 100 to try to get better but I still can’t kill Genjis or even Lucio before they kill me. How can I get better? I’ve been playing her since the game released and am still bad. Are there streamers I should watch? How can I get my accuracy higher? Any help will be appreciated. I’m tired of always playing Mercy because I suck at aiming in this game.
Know when to use your shields. You can pop your missiles and put up your defense matrix right away.

Know when to zoom out of trouble and back up. Get in their face, shoot some missiles and run off. Corner off one player and bully them.

And then get a hang for shooting while jumping and crouching and moving around. So you can hit them, but they have a lower chance of hitting you. If you're baby dva, know when the best time to call mech is. You don't always need to call it right when you get it. Sometimes baby Dva's gun is better than her mech.

And then practice. Practice practice practice.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759188130
That post has a lot of names.
Get them while you can.
D.Va's accuracy is really not that important. For lots of heroes it isn't since there are a ton of factors that can inflate/deflate it. My D.Va accuracy probably hovers around 20%. She has lots of spread and a lot of her time shooting is spent just poking at enemies, so you cannot expect it to be too high.

As for tips, try to find a nice medium between offensive and defensive with her. Only peel off for enemies who are all alone and you know you can get without your mech being destroyed. By and large you want to stay with your team. D.Va is not indestructable and her biggest weakness is how easy it is to melt her mech, so you must work around this weakness. D.Va's mobility and tankiness isn't to charge into the enemy team and try to assassinate an enemy while their entire team is around. You have to punish out of position enemies and go pick off the flankers.

Having a high sensitivity isn't important and you need to find the sens you are most comfortable with. Sensitivity is all about preference so if you're having a hard time tracking enemies, I'd consider lowering it! Mine on console is just 65/65 and I find it works great for me tbh.
02/20/2018 10:21 AMPosted by posabule
D.Va's accuracy is really not that important. For lots of heroes it isn't since there are a ton of factors that can inflate/deflate it. My D.Va accuracy probably hovers around 20%. She has lots of spread and a lot of her time shooting is spent just poking at enemies, so you cannot expect it to be too high.

As for tips, try to find a nice medium between offensive and defensive with her. Only peel off for enemies who are all alone and you know you can get without your mech being destroyed. By and large you want to stay with your team. D.Va is not indestructable and her biggest weakness is how easy it is to melt her mech, so you must work around this weakness. D.Va's mobility and tankiness isn't to charge into the enemy team and try to assassinate an enemy while their entire team is around. You have to punish out of position enemies and go pick off the flankers.

Having a high sensitivity isn't important and you need to find the sens you are most comfortable with. Sensitivity is all about preference so if you're having a hard time tracking enemies, I'd consider lowering it! Mine on console is just 65/65 and I find it works great for me tbh.

You've pretty much nailed this on the head. D.Va may be a tank, but she's not invincible. A lot of people tend to forget this. Also keep in mind she's pretty dangerous out of her mech too. You can easily get underestimated.
Hey thanks for the tips so far you guys. I implemented jumping like a maniac into my baby Dva fighting by putting jump on L3 for ps4, but I can’t find a way to also add crouching into the mix while still being able to aim. Are there any console users who have a suggestion for that?

Also is it bad if a solo Lucio can demech me? I feel so defeated after things like that and am not sure if I should hang up my cowl or what.

Oh and Dva bombs! I try to emulate the Dvas who get kills by launching it into the air but can never seem to get anyone with them unless they are stunned by other ults.
02/20/2018 10:30 AMPosted by LetterZero
Hey thanks for the tips so far you guys. I implemented jumping like a maniac into my baby Dva fighting by putting jump on L3 for ps4, but I can’t find a way to also add crouching into the mix while still being able to aim. Are there any console users who have a suggestion for that?

Also is it bad if a solo Lucio can demech me? I feel so defeated after things like that and am not sure if I should hang up my cowl or what.

Oh and Dva bombs! I try to emulate the Dvas who get kills by launching it into the air but can never seem to get anyone with them unless they are stunned by other ults.

For the bombs I would suggest working on sliding the bombs off of walls/objects. Those will be the sneakiest bombs since they get caught on the wall for a second until they slide out into the open and explode. Shooting the bomb off into the air at an angle also works well for me. I have little luck shooting it straight up into the air (it's just so predictable and differing sky boxes means where the bomb ends up detonating isn't consistent since it may hit the sky box or may not) and I would suggest you never ult to salvage your mech except for in the rare cases you /know/ your team can still win the fight and having you will help.

Your best bet is to go into custom games and check out the best walls to slide your bomb off of (watch out because it can get stuck on some!)
The biggest tip is to remember your mech is made of paper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhlH11BZFF8
One of D.Va's biggest asset is her mobility. Jump in and out of fights and punish when you see opportunities. When your team is pushing use her to create space.
When you're under fire always try to show your back to minimize damage. Mastering this will make your DVa a lot more durable. Mix that with your DM too ofc.

Always focus on the high priority targets or the ones that D.Va easily kills in a single rush missile combo.
Tips for Dva, her DM should be saved for eating orbs and enemy ults. You really shouldn't be using it to "tank". Its more of gobble ults and occasionally protect allies out of position or allies pulled by hog. You can also use DM when you are diving in on the enemy. Dva is meant to be played aggressively, when you see an opportunity to dive on an enemy support do so. Dive at them rocket in their face while shooting them and then melee. They are typically dead with this combo.
practice shooting while running backwords and left to right and hopping over and around the payload like someone on speed.
Everything has pretty much been said so I'm going to suggest you watch Mickie, he's arguably the best D.Va ever.
02/20/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Fainora
practice shooting while running backwords and left to right and hopping over and around the payload like someone on speed.

It's a better tip than some would think. Moving your mouse a lot in unpredictable ways like you've taken too much coffee is a great way to reduce damage and confuse the ennemies while sampling additional info on your surroundings.
Wow! Tons of you came out to give me lots of great tips. Thanks! Some I haven’t tried so I will try my best to implement these tips. That video was also great and I’ll be sure to check the streamers all mentioned. I’ll also try lowering my sensitivity a little bit as well. Never believe it when people on these forums say Dva mains are bad, because you guys are great.
02/20/2018 11:22 AMPosted by LetterZero
Wow! Tons of you came out to give me lots of great tips. Thanks! Some I haven’t tried so I will try my best to implement these tips. That video was also great and I’ll be sure to check the streamers all mentioned. I’ll also try lowering my sensitivity a little bit as well. Never believe it when people on these forums say Dva mains are bad, because you guys are great.

They think we are all gremlins that sit around eat Doritos, drink mnt dew and play video games.....