My issues with Junkrat

General Discussion
Not having fun playing against this heroe because:

A) His normal attack has too much range and his ball does too much damage.
B) His mines in combination with his ball attack does too much burst damage.
C) His Ult Riptire has too much HP and his Ult in general can be performed with little harm to the player. Just hide.

For point A. I think that he should be good at primarily close quarter damage. I don’t see the need for him to be able to spam his ball attacks from super far away. Furthermore, I think the ball attack must make contact with the enemy before doing any type of damage, so no splash damage.

For point B. there is not much you can do if Junkrat got you with one hit, his mines will finish you off. My suggestion would be to change the effects of his mines from doing damage to doing movement displacement like Pharas knockback rocket.

For point C. Not every hero can take out the Riptire on their own, it requires incredible reaction and precision for what this ult can do. Furthermore, it has very small weaknesses that a good player can remove with proper positioning and movement. I would suggest reducing the HP of the Riptire and making it so that is slows down after each second time spend running. Alternatively, the Riptire can be made to follow a straight path like Hanzo’s ult and be detonated at the users request.

These are my opinions, I know I am not high ranked and I don’t know everything about this game. I just proving my feedback from my ranks perspective. It is not fun for me and my friends to play against a player that know how to abuse this hero’s abilities. It takes too much effort to take him out from certain hero’s perspectives.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day.
Having trouble against Junkrat? Pick Pharah. Problem solved.
02/20/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Forklift17

So your solution is to stop playing certain heroes instead of addressing the problem? What if they have a widow, Dva or Soldier?
02/20/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Shawmeck
I think the ball attack must make contact with the enemy before doing any type of damage, so no splash damage.

Bwhahahaha hahaha..... no.

My suggestion would be to change the effects of his mines from doing damage to doing movement displacement like Pharas knockback rocket.

If you're not close to him it is easily avoided. With his recent nerf it will do neglectable damage when it is not directly on you.

Not every hero can take out the Riptire on their own, it requires incredible reaction and precision for what this ult can do.

No. Here is an idea; focus it down with a couple of people. It should not be easily taken out by every hero, it is a ultimate after all.

Furthermore, it has very small weaknesses

The weaknesses it has are not small.

that a good player can remove with proper positioning and movement.

Like almost every ultimate...
02/20/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Shawmeck
02/20/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Forklift17

So your solution is to stop playing certain heroes instead of addressing the problem? What if they have a widow, Dva or Soldier?

Counter picking is a important part of Overwatch you know. Or you have to really specialize playing one hero, and know how to deal with your counters.
I think the ball attack must make contact with the enemy before doing any type of damage, so no splash damage.

Bwhahahaha hahaha..... no.

My suggestion would be to change the effects of his mines from doing damage to doing movement displacement like Pharas knockback rocket.

If you're not close to him it is easily avoided. With his recent nerf it will do neglectable damage when it is not directly on you.

Junkrat has much better mobility now with his double jumps and his mines can recharge quickly. There will be times that you cannot avoid close quarter combat with him. His mines do way too much damage and they don’t even hurt Junkrat. Pharas rockets and soldiers Helix rockets both hurt their users.

Not every hero can take out the Riptire on their own, it requires incredible reaction and precision for what this ult can do.

No. Here is an idea; focus it down with a couple of people. It should not be easily taken out by every hero, it is a ultimate after all.

I never said it should be easily taken out. I can deal with most heroes Ults one on one with better sucess. Example, Pharas ult or Genjis ult. Both these ults can do as much damage as Riptire if not more, but they put the heroe at great risk. Riptire has too much damage for its risk reward.

Furthermore, it has very small weaknesses

The weaknesses it has are not small

When compared to other ults, in my opinion they are.

that a good player can remove with proper positioning and movement.

Like almost every ultimate...

Almost.
02/20/2018 11:36 AMPosted by HypnoToast
02/20/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Shawmeck

Counter picking is a important part of Overwatch you know. Or you have to really specialize playing one hero, and know how to deal with your counters.

I am happy to switch; however this is not the case for pub comp games. People are stuck playing their mains and refuse to adapt to the opposition's composition. If I must switch of a support to deal with a Junkrat because the DPS is not able to take him out and or are refusing to switch that puts the team at a disadvantage. What we see pros playing in OW league is not what I see happening in most comp games when it comes to team compositions and metas. When it comes down to it, its not fun anymore.
Generally, fighting and losing against enemy isn't fun.

Though from what you describe, its more on your tanks needing to switch to D.Va to create space for them to move about and deal with Junkrat or adopting their methods in response to Junkrat.

Though on the opposite side, I'm also pretty darn sick of seeing Winston/Zarya and D.Va combo whenever I run Junkrat simply because of how well they can shut a Junkrat down. I can also tell you that I absolutely despise tracer, genji, winston and D.va simply because of how little you can do against that comp.

Junkrat has weaknesses, its really up to you and your team to adopt against it. If you want to win(If that's how you have fun.), then either you or your friend has to step up.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I am happy to switch; however this is not the case for pub comp games. People are stuck playing their mains and refuse to adapt to the opposition's composition. If I must switch of a support to deal with a Junkrat because the DPS is not able to take him out and or are refusing to switch that puts the team at a disadvantage. What we see pros playing in OW league is not what I see happening in most comp games when it comes to team compositions and metas. When it comes down to it, its not fun anymore.

Well yeah, I agree that people who don't switch to try and counter (and/or know how to play around their counters) can be a problem and you can't always switch. That is not Junkrat's fault however. It's just that he can get a lot more value when people just let him do his thing. Wich at our rank is the case way to often.

It's a shame that blizzard doesn't reward people for counter picking, and doesn't punish getting destroyed by one of your counters in some way. That way people who don't know how to play against certain heroes in a beneficial way would drop in rating.
02/20/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Shawmeck

Almost.

Almost?
He gets beat by almost all offense heroes lol
Basically, the OP wants to make Junkrat completely useless trash, but the true solution is for them to get good at the game. Most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard and the OP should be ashamed.
The solution is "Use Range" and don't go in blind into chokes and hallways if you know they have a grenade launcher character.