Sombra changes affects more tanks and supports

General Discussion
So I tried Sombra and I read some feedback. It's really strange to see so many people acting like Genji or Pharah will have trouble with Sombra nerf while actualy the people who have the most issues with Sombra change are Tanks and Healer. I tried playing Rein on ptr... I'm really happy with the sombra change I think I could main her as a dps but my main focus wont be genji or pharah but Rein and Zen.
Tbh everyone has more issues with him overall (especially zen/Zarya)
Yes but at least you wwill see less EMP so Zen wont be the 50hp robot every team fight.
The real hero screwed by the changes is rein, people thinking this will end dive will learn just how effect sombre can be in dive. Rip Rein
Hey maybe now teams will need Torb/Sym to keep an eye on their backs.
I play support and Sombra will be a very annoying counter to a good portion of the support class while providing some support of her own.

Sombra is more of a utility support hero where as Symmetra should be a defense hero. Lol but whatevs.

I'm fine with it. As annoying as she'll be I am tired of the same two flankers chasing me and just failing to do f* all. Maybe Sombra can be a new cat in the cat and mouse game I play with flankers. You just get so used to Tracer and Genji's tells that nerfing them is just redundant at this point.

Fix Genji's hitbox though other than that they really arent a big issue. They suffer the same as support, when you gut and nerf heroes in their class another rises to take the spotlight. We need more supports and less nerfs just as we need the rest of the dps line up to be less situational and more viable.
02/14/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Neliths
So I tried Sombra and I read some feedback. It's really strange to see so many people acting like Genji or Pharah will have trouble with Sombra nerf while actualy the people who have the most issues with Sombra change are Tanks and Healer. I tried playing Rein on ptr... I'm really happy with the sombra change I think I could main her as a dps but my main focus wont be genji or pharah but Rein and Zen.

this new hack will not affect rein or zen differently. actually zen has a better chance considering emp will take longer to build
02/14/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Kuuppon
Maybe Sombra can be a new cat in the cat and mouse game I play with flankers. You just get so used to Tracer and Genji's tells that nerfing them is just redundant at this point.

Sombra has considerably more counterplay that Tracer and Genji though, and much less burst potential.
02/14/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Neliths

Well, she almost deletes Doomfist from the game.
I agree Sombra is good dive and counters death ball so I won't see her kill dive but make dive better. And yes she is even stronger against Rein, doomfist, Zen... because the hack has now a cast time of 0.65s.
And last thing until we see torb and Sym rework they are hard countered by Sombra so I won't see them being played against her.
02/14/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Spooder
The real hero screwed by the changes is rein, people thinking this will end dive will learn just how effect sombre can be in dive. Rip Rein

Nah this Patch is going to hurt dive really hard. Sombra and Mei being buffed is a low key D.va nerf.
Sym and Torb are actually less countered by Sombra that many believe. Torb doesnt really care about Sombra once he is set up because of turret's autoaim, and Sym is basically a cat and cat game so basically a skill match.

In fact, the reduced frequency of EMPs is actually a slight Torb/Sym buff because they are mainly weak to EMP and not Sombra per-se.
02/14/2018 08:19 PMPosted by SovietNinja
02/14/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Spooder

Nah this Patch is going to hurt dive really hard. Sombra and Mei being buffed is a low key D.va nerf.

Sadly Sombra is also a dive hero and buffs to sombra are also dive buffs, same reason why Doomfist couldnt have worked as an anti-dive hero because he also enjoys dive.

No, anti-dive heroes by default need to be defense (and defense-ish) heroes so dive teams cant abuse said buffs.
02/14/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Ranulf
02/14/2018 08:19 PMPosted by SovietNinja

Sadly Sombra is also a dive hero and buffs to sombra are also dive buffs, same reason why Doomfist couldnt have worked as an anti-dive hero because he also enjoys dive.

No, anti-dive heroes by default need to be defense (and defense-ish) heroes so dive teams cant abuse said buffs.

Dive is mainly a thing because of how effective the Winston+D.va combo is and Tracer lacks counter play, others like Zen and Genji just generally benefit from the meta.
I disagree Zen is also super strong thanks to discord the first dive comp (not talking about 2 winston dive) was based around Zen discord because so many people underestimate discord power. Zen is core of Dive as much as winson, D.va and Tracer (Tracer is also in all dive comp dive wouldn't exist without her because she can follow the two tanks and get picks really fast for the dive to snowball). I agree for Genji he just benefit of the meta.