FFA is a joke

General Discussion
FFA, your damage is mine to kill steal, theres no rule against it, thats why its called FFA.
Château - pick Reaper and camp basement
Eichewald - pick Moira and spam balls into the connector tunnels
King's Row - pick Tracer and patrol the streets
Hollywood - Hanzo or Soldier and blast down the streets
Dorado - Junkrat and put a trap on the healthpack near the balcony.

Also, a specific shoutout to the people whose character pick won't get them to win, but they will make it harder for everyone
Sombra - hack all the healthpacks...then just die anyway.
Any tank - just wasting time. Except maybe Roadhog, although he still is a health-syphon for Reapers.
Any healer that isn't Moira. - can't kill, but is hard to kill.
I should go play other games with FFA…wait it's the same, people can steal your kills.

The frustration I have is like almost anywhere else in the game, I decide to join FFA for the lootbox(I'm not a big fan of FFA in OW, in traditional shooters, sure).
There was a top500 against plats, golds, silver, and 1 or 2 bronze.
The guy was a Zenyatta with a lot more knowledge and skill than anyone else in the match, he was destroying anyone easily. I ended in top 4 so yay got the lootbox but damn.
I'd like to point out that Zenyatta is an effective Burst Damage Dealer.

I would also like to point out that Bastion is very hard to play while being targeted by 7 other players 25/7
It’s ffa. Stop missing. Kills are no longer stolen
It’s nothing but killsteals. You just hide and watch two people fight when they are low you pick them off. Also, I see lots of people teaming up on me. They’ll ignore each other until I’m dead then they fight. This game mode is unfun I’m pretty sure the people only play it for boxes.
No way you're winning with that strategy .
02/15/2018 03:05 AMPosted by Kingson
And again: if you don’t like the rule set, simply don’t play it.

Who says I do play it? I played it once, got all my kills stolen by vultures who lie-in-wait until they see the enemy health bar turn red then swift strike out of nowhere, said "to hell with this" and haven't touched that dumpster fire of a mode since.

I'm just stating what's wrong with the game mode.
02/15/2018 01:53 AMPosted by iamhappyso
It’s nothing but killsteals. You just hide and watch two people fight when they are low you pick them off.

Hey, don't go around giving away my Sombra strats!

Also:
02/15/2018 04:56 AMPosted by Shirokurou
Château - pick Reaper and camp basement
Eichewald - pick Moira and spam balls into the connector tunnels
King's Row - pick Tracer and patrol the streets
Hollywood - Hanzo or Soldier and blast down the streets
Dorado - Junkrat and put a trap on the healthpack near the balcony.

I've actually had quite a bit of success with

Château - Sombra, control of the health packs plus opportunist passives means you can quickly hunt down vulnerable targets and watch their despair as then run to the pack you've already hacked – then gun them down.
Eichenwalde - Pharah, don't know why but she just clicks
King's Row - Mei, tight corridors plus freeze gun that ignores deflect.
Hollywood - Winston, best way to stop the flood of Widows and Hanzos that lurk on the rooftops
Dorado - Zenyatta, again another one that just clicks for some reason. With his lack of footsteps it can be pretty east to sneak up on distracted snipers actually.

I'm not saying I'm finishing #1 every time with these picks (though I have at least once with each) but I'm in the top 4 more often then not.
It’s nothing but killsteals. You just hide and watch two people fight when they are low you pick them off. Also, I see lots of people teaming up on me. They’ll ignore each other until I’m dead then they fight. This game mode is unfun I’m pretty sure the people only play it for boxes.

ITT: We discuss why Killstealing makes a game mode unfun.

Seriously though, it isn't just Overwatch FFA that this happens in. It's literally been going on for more than 20 years in any FPS game with Deathmatch or FFA. There's no point in trying to get the game rules changed because it is a perfectly acceptable strategy to deny your opponents kills.
If you weren't good enough to secure the final blow, then no, you didn't get your kill "stolen."

... Except against Symmetra or Moira. Screw those guys.

02/15/2018 02:55 AMPosted by Kazark
FFA is about aim practice. That's why people play it.

Flashbang+FTH says hi.
I agree I thought deathmatch would be fun and it is in some cases but your completely right with the teaming up and killstealing, Literally 5 people were fighting in the low place with the small health pack on chateau in my last game and a moira three a damage orb, killfeed says she got 4 kills. Moira Junk and Roadhog are really annoying in this game mode.
1st place back to back matches as Reinhardt
02/15/2018 03:08 AMPosted by Kingson
02/15/2018 03:02 AMPosted by eight1nches

i mean thats why alot of people play it...

but when i head in to warm up on mcree and the lobby is full of junkrat and moira players...

i start to wonder if im the only one with that mindset.

Never met more than one or two junkrats or moiras per game. But 4 to 5 genjis or widows.. I simply counter them.. you know, that’s part of the game basics as well.

I've played a match where everyone decided to go Junkrat... 8 Junkrats in the same game was the perfect time for some Mayhem.
I played one game of FFA as Pharah. I got first place. I'll never play again, because if you start at the top, there's nowhere to go but down.
I mean...hasn't that been the case since Deathmatch became a thing? This isn't something new to Overwatch.
I mainly played junk in FFA chateau map. I got to say, it's quite easy to get first place or top 4 if you play junk on that map. Secure kills real easy BUT only in the underground. 1v1 or killsteal, Junk will get them. But if I go outside, I got killed easily. But people didn't learn and still goes underground. Other than that map, Junk gets absolutely rekt. So if you say Junk dominates FFA, I would say maybe depends on the map. I'm not defending Junk, as I know he's always been OP af with his kit and I sometimes got annoyed with him when I played against him, and feels sorry for the enemy that got hit with lucky shot when I play him.
02/15/2018 03:30 AMPosted by Kamran
Also, I see lots of people teaming up on me. They’ll ignore each other until I’m dead then they fight.

you probably play moira don't you ? lol
No, I played McCree.
Eichenwalde - Pharah, don't know why but she just clicks. [/quote]

Pharah main here and I think Its the lack of a lot of high ground that isnt the one bridge.

Also I am that kill stealer that interupts your tunnel vision duels.
I go there to warm up my Tracer or practice my Ana.

My objective isnt to win.

My objective is to get better.