Moira cannot be nerfed before Tracer is.

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
The resulting backdraft would end Overwatch.

If Moira is nerfed before there is any official mention of Tracer, or heroes like Genji or others, getting fixed, the outcry from healer mains everywhere would be gargantuan. The Healers vs DPS war is already escalating to dangerous levels, and is becoming unhealthy for the game. There's already a lot of tension between healers and DPS players, and having the only really good healer we have left nerfed before there's even an official statement on Tracer's strength will be the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand.

The playerbase will be disparaged. Support players will revolt in whatever way they could, claim that this event would be undeniable proof that the developers favor the fast-paced DPSwatch over a perfect system. Whether or not people think they are correct, people who primarily play supports (who are still reeling from the issues with Mercy) will consider this the nail in the coffin for the state of balance in this game.

We all know this is going to be (relatively close) to what happens if Moira, the current best support, is brought to her knees before Tracer is. It will unravel the community, and will result in a lot of players deciding to leave rather than deal with this headache. It will bleed Overwatch out.
Highly Rated
I think I'm ready to give up supports if Moira gets nerfed
Highly Rated
Fully agreed. #SaveTheHealers
Support has been dominating meta from the start how is this dpswatch
Highly Rated
I'm on the support side of the Support vs. DPS civil war, but Tracer is not overpowered; she just needs a reliable counter.
Don't nerf either tbh, theyre both in a good spot, just get a decent counter for tracer and it's good.
We need something like a DOT. Something like Zen's discord orb but it cant go through shields and if the player gets behind a shield after its applied the 3 second rule hits and removes it.

It starts off at a low 10 DMG after 2 seconds and doubles every 2 seconds after the first 20 dmg it inflicts to a max of 40 dmg but at 40 dmg its every every 2.5 seconds.

Even if you die the DOT still applies until the target leaves the line of sight of your body so the person cant stay in the back line it would force them to leave.

To me this would be great. What do you all think?
02/16/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Mirrorkat
I think I'm ready to give up supports if Moira gets nerfed

I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that she will probably get nerfed no matter what we say or do.

If it's something minor then fine, I'll clench my teeth and suck it up, bu if she gets hit with like 3 nerfs at once, I'm giving up on the game altogether.
Moira is just the support categories genji and tracer.

Just like the dps have been telling us for years. Get over it our hero is balanced and we will carry as much as we like and do whatever we want
seems like kind of an over-extegiation but yeah moira being nerfed would suck
There is no logical basis on why Moira needs a nerf to begin with. I haven't seen one well constructed thread from a DPS main explaining what exactly is OP about her. If you want my opinion, it's simply complaints from lazy players who can't stand a challenge when facing a healer. I love dueling Moira as Tracer, it's exciting, tense and if I get the kill over her, I feel accomplished. She's not a sitting duck. That's a good thing.

I have almost 60 hours on Tracer which is not much, but is enough to know that Moira does not need any nerfs at all. I duel Moiras 1v1 every day. If there was something wrong, I wouldn't hesitate to say it.
I play on both sides. Quick play, I main Tracer. Competitive, I main Mercy. If someone picks healer which is rare, I go to Tracer. I main Mercy in competitive, because it seems noone wants to pick healer, which I really don't blame them. Support is being butchered. I do side with the healers in this war because the nerfs aren't justified.
There's already a lot of tension between healers and DPS player

There's no such thing as a DPS vs Healers war outside of these forums.
02/16/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Skrimiche

I dont know about that. Occasionally I hear people arguing while playing the game. Not a lot, but it happens.

this forumzzzzzzzz, im only here cause blue posts

Sometimes there is on Reddit, but that normally doesn't escalate.

Hate to disappoint you Skrim, but there is. I know people that think Ana is balanced, Mercy is still OP, Moira is OPAF but think Genji and Tracer are already balanced. It's truly baffling.
this event would be undeniable proof that the developers favor the fast-paced DPSwatch over a perfect system

This is not in question, it's been like that since the start, Tracer in particular is their favorite, even with all the posts about her being OP, then the pros say she needs a nerf, then the fact that her pickrate in the OWL is 70 !@#$ing percent with the second dps being less than 30%, and yet, they say nothing, do nothing, shes never mentioned or addressed in any way even thought is crystal clear that she is a problematic hero. Part of the problem is that she is popular, her mains will defend her at any cost and they are many, and like we all now popularity is a powerful weapon so it's going to be hard to get them to do something about her.
Little did you know there are plans to buff tracer.
02/16/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Wraithdagger
I'm on the support side of the Support vs. DPS civil war, but Tracer is not overpowered; she just needs a reliable counter.
I'm on the tank side, aka the side that's being entertained by the "war". Please, continue. We haven't run out of popcorn yet.