What do Blizzard employees do when on the forms?

General Discussion
I've been wondering this for a bit now. I see repetative thread after thread about Moira/Tracer/Genji nerfs which are obviously not needed right now. Then I see @*#& posting, then actually helpful ideas. Does Jeff or Geoff or other Blizz employees wish they could respond but cant? Or ever see something on the forums that they think is a good idea and log it? Just curious.
Dunno, but I bet that they enjoy the flamewars because some obvious baits gets locked after 4 pages of flamewars.
When they look at the forums, they probably browse first, then, if they deem it necessary, they would post, just to let people know that they are listening.
I know Jeff can respond whenever he likes, he is VP of Blizzard. Nobody is holding him back, really.
iv seen a few blue posts here and there on some threads. its rare but sometimes staff do post replys.

i personaly think thy go though look at everything. note what thy have to or need to or want to and then go about there day. there busy people after all working on this game for us.
The majority of our development team don't post, but they do read the forums a lot. We tend to look for discussion around the areas of the game that we work on, or on topics that interest us as players.

For the few of us who do post we tend to drop in on topics that we have knowledge of and are important to players. Sometimes we may post in a more casual or offtopic thread just to say hi.

All of us are very passionate about Overwatch and feel a part of the community. Playing the game is the biggest connection but the forums are very important as well.

Cheers!
02/17/2018 10:33 PMPosted by Bill Warnecke
The majority of our development team don't post, but they do read the forums a lot. We tend to look for discussion around the areas of the game that we work on, or on topics that interest us as players.

For the few of us who do post we tend to drop in on topics that we have knowledge of and are important to players. Sometimes we may post in a more casual or offtopic thread just to say hi.

All of us are very passionate about Overwatch and feel a part of the community. Playing the game is the biggest connection but the forums are very important as well.

Cheers!

Woah!
Didn't expected a Blue Post!

Anyways thanks for posting.

Cheers!

I think your sense of what is important to the players is a little off.

Cheers!
It’s nice to know that you guys read what we talk about.

Thanks for responding ^.^

Cheers!
Man, that's finna woke

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply, but I think you should get some rest. It's getting late and we don't want accidental PTR updates going onto live servers again :)
Late night blue post ! They're watching.

Do we wait for Stylosa or any other YouTuber to make a 10 minute video of this post?

Cheers!
Wow okay i feel so special now <3
were up and downvote buttons for blizzard staff now removed?
too sensitive?? ha
02/17/2018 11:19 PMPosted by Bard
were up and downvote buttons for blizzard staff now removed?
too sensitive?? ha
Upvote and Downvote options were never available to blue posts.

Translation : We only post when we are confident we are on the winning side of the argument. However when being called out on our errors or mistake like Genji hitbox animation and such don't expect to see any posting for us.

As they always say, choose your battles wisely. They can't say you're wrong when you don't say anything.
Apparently they browse the forums at 11PM on a Saturday night. If that's not dedication to your job, I don't know what is.

Cheers!

thanks bill. thats comforting.

As a Sym player, I feel a lot better knowing you guys see the concerns of the F tier players. When players who main particular heroes don't get responses directed at that hero, I think they can feel neglected/ignored. Happy to see that's not the case. Thanks for being vocal on the forums, the community always appreciates it.
02/17/2018 10:24 PMPosted by WhateverAlex
I know Jeff can respond whenever he likes, he is VP of Blizzard. Nobody is holding him back, really.

Dude, Blizzard probably has dozens of VPs. I'm sure there are a lot of people who are more senior to him there. He probably 2-3 layers of management between him and the CEO.
The mods/staff are more than fair. Tbh, I can't believe some of the crap people get away with here without being banned/warned. And merging threads into mega-threads that are pinned at the top of the forums isn't "covering up" issues either. They're literally pinning them.