Moira is not really fair to play against for 1 reason

General Discussion
And before you start with that ignorant argument "you are a genji main" (as in "your opinion doesn't matter"), I will let you see this: https://imgur.com/a/CQOqj
Genji is my 5th most played hero, he is after Zenyatta. Ana is right after him. The fact that I used Genji this season doesn't mean I have a biased opinion.

And hey look, I played Moira this season, you need to cut off that argument "you didn't even play her".

Why I see Moira as an unfair hero to play against? Because she doesn't lack anything, she can beat every hero in 1v1 (except tanks). But this is not the problem I have with Moira, the problem would be her life steal for secondary fire.

Let's start with what she can do right now...
  • She has one of the best abilities to escape, with only 6s cooldown she can escape every fight or chase enemies in order to finish them off.
  • Her survivability is insane, healing orb (max 300 hp) + life steal from secondary fire
  • Her damage isn't even low, in a 1v1 she has 50 dps from her secondary fire + a total of 200 damage from her biotic orb which is enough damage to kill every squishy hero pretty fast.
    • All these mentioned above + her great healing (I think she is the 2nd best healer in the game right now?)

You talk about Genji having a forgiving kit. What about Moira? She engages in a 1v1, her secondary fire is an auto lock beam, her orb can be used in 2 cases: she is under pressure -> use healing + the life steal from secondary fire will make her unkillable unless a godlike McCree will hit 2-3 headshots without missing (I have to see this yet) or she isn't under pressure -> use damage orb to kill enemies faster. You are about to get killed? Press shift and fade away to safety.

Another thing I hate is that Moira players can overextend without getting punished (with a bit of game awarness you won't get punished). Just overextend, isolate an enemy and easily kill them in 1v1. Their teammates come in to save them? Fade away. Even Genji is punished more often + Fade is a way better escape ability than dash.

Someone says "Git gud and learn to aim if you want to kill Moira". I can say the same about those who cry because they can't kill Genji (for some reason). Just git gud and learn to shoot genji, oh you can do it but unlike Moira, Genji doesn't have such a great survivability so he will die faster.

My suggestion?: I think she is pretty balanced overall but the life steal for secondary fire needs to be nerfed. If she wants to engage someone in a 1v1 then she has to make an important decision: use damage orb to kill enemies faster or healing orb for more survivability. This thing doesn't happen right now because her life steal is too good. She is not only a good counter for flankers, but for every 200hp hero in this game. She can 1v1 everyone as long as she keeps the distance.

TL;DR: sorry you have to read the entire post, you will understand it better.
    Highly Rated
    She's fine. Stay with your team.
    /thread
    the lifesteel is 30 hps. If you add a healing orb it's 80 hps. If you are a good dps or tank player, you will be able to do more dmg.
    Also when will people understand that this is a team based game, if you stay with your team Moira can't do anything to you except some chip dmg.
    02/18/2018 04:56 AMPosted by GenjiIsCool7
    /thread

Yup.. i think we are done here.
    Walk up. Sleep dart. Move on.
    02/18/2018 04:45 AMPosted by AimlockEnox
    Another thing I hate is that Moira players can overextend without getting punished
    Moira herself doesn't get punished. But if she overextends chances are her team is going to be.
    02/18/2018 04:58 AMPosted by dostheboss
    the lifesteel is 30 hps. If you add a healing orb it's 80 hps. If you are a good dps or tank player, you will be able to do more dmg.
    Also when will people understand that this is a team based game, if you stay with your team Moira can't do anything to you except some chip dmg.

Then why does Moira leave her team to overextend? Oh right, because she knows she can't die that easily.
    02/18/2018 05:14 AMPosted by AimlockEnox

Then why does Moira leave her team to overextend? Oh right, because she knows she can't die that easily.

If you mean leaving her team to do damage with her secondary fire, sorry to break this to you but she would most likely need to to recharge her resource meter for her healing.

Her primary healing is already limited as is and her DPS is tied to her doing damage. Moira heals, runs out of heals, does damage to recharge her heals, and then the cycle goes on.
    /thread

Aham, thank god a level 2 can teach me how to play.
    UGH, another "Moira is not fair" thread....
    02/18/2018 05:31 AMPosted by AimlockEnox
    /thread

Don't attack the person, attack the argument.
    /thread

That's his alt account
    First off everyone is biased.

Her beam isn’t autolock. Your thinking of Sym/Mercy. It does less damage than zayra but it’s beam is more forgiving.

Her damage is pitiful because her beam is more forgiving than Zarya and heals herself.

The orb also does low damage with a max of 200. When combined it hits harder, but you can just avoid the sphere =/ furthermore she just wasted a damage sphere when she could be healing her team. You don’t have to kill her to cause her problems.

33 health per second isn’t much... you have 4 seconds to drop her or run back to your team (assuming you dodge her orb) if she engages you 1v1. If she has engaged you 1v1 than your probably a flanker and can simply back away for a moment then kill her. If your aren’t a flanker, then your probably out of position or she has pushed forward and will die shortly.

Genji has not only has dash (which can be reset)... Double jump, deflect and wall climb are all available to him. Likewise Tracer has blink up almost all the time + recall. Both have greater movement speed. Both can kill you in the blink of an eye.

Genji has double jump which moves his crit box around. Combine that with wall climb and double jumping on top of people an you got yourself a janky hero to take out.
    02/18/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Doc

What argument? I gave you arguments why she is too overtuned and the only thing he says is "she is fine". What argument? Jeez this forum is full of ignorant people.
    Then you cry why devs team never listen to this forum.
    02/18/2018 05:45 AMPosted by AimlockEnox
    02/18/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Doc

What argument? I gave you arguments why she is too overtuned and the only thing he says is "she is fine". What argument? Jeez this forum is full of ignorant people.
    Then you cry why devs team never listen to this forum.

You're making yourself look like a salty Genji main

The problem is certain characters like Rein only does 75.
    45 only when she is attacking him.

If she does healing Orb + right click that is 105 per second.
    On top of that she can teleport easily out of his range every 6 seconds.

I think the way to fix moria is to make her biotic orb actually have a casting time like symmetera placing her turrets.
    To add what Maxy said

if a moira engages in a 1v1 basically if you think you can win then go ahead and try but if you realise you cant win then run back to the team or call for help(this needs to be said more often) in VC. But some players believe they can win the moira 1v1 easily(keyword)

Some Players say moira is OP but they keep putting themselves in those situations with moira because of their ego. Getting kills isnt always that easy lol
    02/18/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Shadow

I think the way to fix moria is to make her biotic orb actually have a casting time like symmetera placing her turrets.
    You're nuts if you think Moira is going to survive going head to head with Rein. My options in dealing with Reinhardt are (1) Fade and get out or (2) die. If he comes up on me when my escape is on cooldown then it's over.
    02/18/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Crestren
    02/18/2018 05:14 AMPosted by AimlockEnox

If you mean leaving her team to do damage with her secondary fire, sorry to break this to you but she would most likely need to to recharge her resource meter for her healing.

Her primary healing is already limited as is and her DPS is tied to her doing damage. Moira heals, runs out of heals, does damage to recharge her heals, and then the cycle goes on.

This. I swear it's like people don't know how Moira works.
    02/18/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Shadow

Moira most of the time will lose to rein cause you know he has a shield that blocks her alt fire lol. If moira is out of reins range he has no reason to engage her cause with his shield she is not a threat to him...Rein can outdamage moira with her healing orb. You better fade that azz outta there if you wanna live against rein...